Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Muslim meal on the BA1385 from MAN-LHR The main option was a bacon butty.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Ba835 - dub-lhr

Lunchtime service with 2 options.

Cajun Chicken Salad (pictured below) / Caesar Salad (Veggi)

Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: Some
Poke bowl on LHR-MAN last night - I wasn’t really hungry and still ate most of it which suggests it actually tasted pretty good! (Warning: alcohol consumption may impair judgment significantly)
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Poke bowl on LHR-MAN last night - I wasn’t really hungry and still ate most of it which suggests it actually tasted pretty good! (Warning: alcohol consumption may impair judgment significantly)
I think I was sat next to you, didn't have the food but the drinks service was great
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Had this yesterday on LHR-AMS and it was very very good, nice balance of ingredients and taste. Also very appealing to look at.
Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC
different courses for different horses, I guess. I’d be really disappointed if I got that - a big mound of cold rice is really not my thing.

But, I agree it does look pretty, and shows that BA is now at least trying to make an effort.
Sealink, Agent69 and LBA_flyer like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
This was ‘The Chicken’ out to Stockholm tonight. The deconstructed salmon Poke Bowl or a pasta dish were also offered.
Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Kosher evening meal heading to INV last night.

And kosher breakfast back down this morning. Not sure whether this was a cold option due to Passover or because it was on a night stopper aircraft. In fact I seem to remember for quite a while over the last two years you couldn’t order a kosher meal when your flight was being operated by a night stopper.

Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle

Poke bowl as GFML on BA0802 LHR-GOT last night.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
2022-04-25 BA2587 VCE-LHR; 15:35 departure

Afternoon tea in club on this service. Meal served with tea/coffee and water before the bar round (I guess that's normal for afternoon tea?)

There was a choice of either veggie (not sure what was on those sandwiches) or meat; with coronation chicken, prawn and a fig chutney with goat's cheese on rye. Victoria sponge and a scone on the side.

It was decent, if a bit skewed toward sweet. The scone was fresh enough and warmed through. We hadn't had a full lunch, but had a couple of mini sandwiches in the lounge; catering felt about right for that length of sector and time of day and it's 7pm at home now and ready for something for dinner.

Club was 9 rows and I think had 2 free seats, back of the bus was completely packed. Remote stand (551) at LHR with about a 10-15 min wait for a bus to arrive, but immigration was quick after that thankfully; the joys of landing on a Monday.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by KARFA
Kosher evening meal heading to INV last night.

That was the Kosher meal which arrived frozen for my 2 neighbours on BA444 to AMS. They had the prawn salad instead, which I also had. It came on top of a very generous layer of cocktail sauce to make sure it stuck to the plate!

The salad starter was nice too. Initially I thought it stupid to have a few leaves as a starter before a salad but there was a creamy cheese, lentils and olives too which gave it a bit more consistency.

Good service with a bumpy take-off in a pretty busy flight.
adrianlondon, Sealink and KARFA like this.

Last edited by alex67500; Apr 30, 2022 at 1:22 am
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Must be a lot of eye-rolling and head scratching when a Kosher meal is declined and then something definitely non-Kosher is chosen as an alternative! Don’t let Doyle know or he may instigate a three strikes and you’re out approach to ordering special meals! 🙄 😛
Skipcool3, alex67500 and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by pythonisman
2022-04-25 BA2587 VCE-LHR; 15:35 departure

Afternoon tea in club on this service. Meal served with tea/coffee and water before the bar round (I guess that's normal for afternoon tea?)

There was a choice of either veggie (not sure what was on those sandwiches) or meat; with coronation chicken, prawn and a fig chutney with goat's cheese on rye. Victoria sponge and a scone on the side.

It was decent, if a bit skewed toward sweet. The scone was fresh enough and warmed through. We hadn't had a full lunch, but had a couple of mini sandwiches in the lounge; catering felt about right for that length of sector and time of day and it's 7pm at home now and ready for something for dinner.

Club was 9 rows and I think had 2 free seats, back of the bus was completely packed. Remote stand (551) at LHR with about a 10-15 min wait for a bus to arrive, but immigration was quick after that thankfully; the joys of landing on a Monday.
For comparison, the LGW version (eg LGW-VRN) is three finger sandwiches plus a button sized Victoria sponge. On my flight the Roddas and jam pots were included but these went to waste as the scones weren’t loaded
adrianlondon and pythonisman like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
I came on top of a very generous layer of cocktail sauce to make sure it stuck to the plate!
I know it's a typo but this really did make me laugh. At least, I hope it's a typo.......
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by alex67500
That was the Kosher meal which arrived for my 2 neighbours on BA444 to AMS. They had the prawn salad instead, which I also had. I came on top of a very generous layer of cocktail sauce to make sure it stuck to the plate!
Frankly, if a special meal is ordered, then the special meal should be served whether the passenger likes the look of it or not. If they do not care for the look of it then they would have to wait until everyone else was served and then see what, if anything, was left. Imagine if someone else took a special meal that someone had specifically ordered for whatever reason. That passenger would be hopping mad and I would not blame them. Gluten intolerance comes immediately to mind. Had I been the crew member I would not have permitted any substitution - that is what you ordered - that is what you get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.