Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:09 pm

LHR - OSL - This afternoon I was supposed to have a 'Hindu' meal and expected a vegetarian one but this looked so good (I am not strict on these things) I took one for the team. It was a curried flavor grilled chicken on a bed on mint raita salad. it was served with a black lentil salad and a creamy/sweat coconut dessert. The meal didn't disappoint and was very good with the chicken not being dried out and the dessert light and lush. The crew even served fresh rolls to all passengers which also tasted good. Oddly I don't think the side salad was needed as it tasted good as it was but perhaps substituted for a samosa, papad or bhaji.

Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
KEF-LHR this afternoon. No menus handed out, but choices were Prawn Thai curry, Pasta, and Cold beef salad. I went for the pasta.

Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
INN-LHR this evening. Very nice beef salad. It may just be my imagination, but the bread seems a bit better too. The veg option was the Japanese-style option mentioned upthread (which looked decent).
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
KEF-LHR this afternoon. No menus handed out, but choices were Prawn Thai curry, Pasta, and Cold beef salad. I went for the pasta.
Exactly this on the way home from Malta on Saturday evening. I had the curry, which was good. Also no menus handed out. Drinks run after dinner served (which was done front to back).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle

GFML GOT-LHR BA0791 last Saturday [19th of March] 17:50 departure.
8 rows of CE, unusual for GOT and would be considered a mega cabin by local standards.
Champagne served from full-size bottle and the first was emptied at row 3, a total of 4 bottles in total was consumed in CE this Saturday evening.
The cabin crew was fantastic, CE was served by two flight attendants, one in training and they carried out a flawless cabin service

NoTiersForMe GFML unfortunate not vegetarian/vegan this time.

Last edited by GOTBound; Mar 21, 2022 at 6:17 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC

I'm surprised the inbound menu does not contain any meat-based hot meal. Was the pasta any good?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by slayers_88
I'm surprised the inbound menu does not contain any meat-based hot meal. Was the pasta any good?
there is always a vegetarian alternative as that ensures something compatible with the greatest number of dietary incompatibilities. If the other not was always meat, then there would never be a hot fish/seafood dish which would be a great loss for any of us as in my view it’s often what n’a does best.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have 6 flights to scotland next week from LHR, some early morning, mid morning and evening, what can I expect as food in CE, one would assume hot breakfast on early morning and a hot meal on my evening flights from ABZ?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:44 am

Hot breakfast in the morning, but it will be some kind of cold salad choice in the evening.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by slayers_88
It was as ok as any reheated pasta dish could be. For some reason I was not in the mood for prawn curry so went for the pasta. Pleasant enough, but not overly memorable.
ENTP likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hot breakfast in the morning, but it will be some kind of cold salad choice in the evening.
Thanks, will eat beforehand then
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
It was as ok as any reheated pasta dish could be. For some reason I was not in the mood for prawn curry so went for the pasta. Pleasant enough, but not overly memorable.
It looks like an odd couple of ingredients in the sauce- reminds me of the ad campaigns going recently trying to get you to bulk out a pasta by adding beans/lentils rather than adding meat. Not necessarily a bad thing, just on a second glance noticed the little round brown things.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by pythonisman
It looks like an odd couple of ingredients in the sauce- reminds me of the ad campaigns going recently trying to get you to bulk out a pasta by adding beans/lentils rather than adding meat. Not necessarily a bad thing, just on a second glance noticed the little round brown things.
I thought that, lentils on pasta seems like a double carb hit. Might be useful if one is several Aviations deep though.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Magnus77
one would assume hot breakfast on early morning and a hot meal on my evening flights from ABZ?
ill admit that made me (somewhat bitterly) laugh!
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sealink
Just reading the thread on a desktop computer - that looks like a substantial amount of chicken!
Yes, the portion sizes on KSML meals ex-LON are usually generous.
Sealink and orbitmic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.