Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by speedbird85
CTA-LGW today

This is a sausage & mash I've had before and I'd be quite happy to have again. This appears to be more or less the same as the pre-Covid Newrest offering from LGW.

The Do&Co version even at it's best wasn't a patch on this. Mustard mash makes a massive difference to the overall flavour vs tasteless white slop.
bafan and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:05 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
This is a sausage & mash I've had before and I'd be quite happy to have again. This appears to be more or less the same as the pre-Covid Newrest offering from LGW.

The Do&Co version even at it's best wasn't a patch on this. Mustard mash makes a massive difference to the overall flavour vs tasteless white slop.
Hmmm…. So Matron is enthroned at Gatwick is she? I wonder if they will get the menus served pre-15th March as they’re cheaper even though there is cheese.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kdhurst380

That looks very tasty!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
The cheese looks a lot better / more adventurous than what’s been on CW of late!
dcmike and bafan like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Hmmm…. So Matron is enthroned at Gatwick is she? I wonder if they will get the menus served pre-15th March as they’re cheaper even though there is cheese.
Sadly I've only experienced the Do&Co post 15th March offering, so my opinion is possibly tainted. I've not had one dish provided by them where I've thought 'wow'. The chicken & leek pie was ok, until I was offered it for the 100th time and I (like other CE regulars) knew exactly what to expect.

That said, I flew ex-LGW to MLA in late 2019, there were LHR regulars on the flight who commented in both directions on the quality of the food. Newrest had just come in and even the crew mentioned they'd had a lot of positive feedback. The only moan was the fact they were having to dig around to find things as the new caterer had things loaded differently to what they were used to.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:58 am

Thought this the most appropriate thread; pls feel free to move.
The Summer 22 season will see CE cabins (on most routes) capped at the max allowable before triggering an additional crew member. This is due to resourcing issues in IFCE.
The cabin size will vary by aircraft type, but for example; an A320 to BCN will be capped at 32 in CE and 4 crew, rather than continuing sales 33+ and triggering the 5th crew member.
They’ve not said exactly which routes this applies, just it will be ‘most’.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Most CE destinations are going to be capped for the remainder of summer to help the operation, this will mean no extra crew will be needed as the cabin size will not increase in size.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
LHR-LIS 17 March BA503

VGML LHR-LIS rest of day meal. Grilled celeriac with kale. Tasty, but I like this sort of thing.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
LIS-LHR 20 Mar BA502

VGML

GFML

Very tasty [and substantial] rigatoni and lentil dish for the VG. Husband said his prawn curry tasty enough. It shall be noted that the both of the main dishes of these special meals were also main offerings to CE cabin on the flight for the 'vegetarian' and 'non-meat but still animal' options on menu. Now if only there was a way to force the GF meal to also be vegetarian or vegan: the struggle with BA I will take to the grave.
Genius1 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
TFS-LHR

Chicken with a sweetcorn mousseline. Other options were spicy tofu with rice (can’t remember the official description) or Waldorf
salad. It was tasty. The neo trays are not really big enough though. It’s a shame for the band 4s it can’t go back to a bigger starter on the tray then that switched for the main. I’m not sure this uses a whole lot more space, though obviously complicates the service and costs more to make the starters.

No menus, nor the usual drinks and nuts run before food. With the single bar run immediately after food served. Not sure if this was deliberate to get food out quickly as it was a meal time or the service standard has changed or the crew forgot it was a longer sector. Drinks top ups were forthcoming for rest of the flight on request, and the crew were otherwise really friendly and proactive.
Never Stansted and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
A few experiences from a recent trip. Overall feedback is really positive. The crews seem proud to have a proper food offering again. Well-stocked bars on all legs (I'm personally partial to the Aviation gin so am happy to see it on the menu).

JER - LHR, BA 2777 8 pm (31 Mar)

Not catered as plane had been on the ground in JER all day owing to a cancellation on the previous night. We got a £10 voucher to spend in the terminal. The cafe there (Cafe Ube) is good quality, though it was late and the selection was quite limited. I ended up with a coronation chicken sandwich and a fruit salad which was quite nostalgic.

LHR - ARN BA 776 7 am (1 Apr)

Breakfast options were full English, an egg dish, or smoked salmon. I opted for the latter and it was delicious, though could happily have eaten more of it as it was a fairly small serving. Fruit salad and yoghurt both pleasant too.

ARN - LHR BA 777 11 am (3 Apr)

Lunch menu on offer. Options were chicken ballotine with some sort of rosemary puree, a tofu with Szechuan sauce dish, and a salmon Waldorf salad. Starter was beetroot, broccoli and (I think) burrata; dessert was a chocolate pot and cheese and crackers. Very solid offering. I went for the chicken which was a bit gloopy for my tastes, but reasonable enough; starter and dessert both delicious (and great to see a nice blue cheese!)

LHR - JER BA 2774 4 pm (3 Apr)

Afternoon tea. Choice between an option including a salmon sandwich, and an option including a cheese sandwich. Just right for a very short flight.

Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:38 pm
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
At least things seem to be looking up a bit. Plus, for those who think the grass may be greener elsewhere, I flew MAD-LHR at the weekend on IB in J (first time on them for a while). I love Spanish food but both hot food options looked so unappetising that I rejected them. It was a choice between an oily looking pork and chickpea stew or dry looking spinach pasta…
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum

BA478 LHR-BCN KSML
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Shakshuka with poached eggs was offered on my flight yesterday as CE breakfast. First time I’ve seen poached eggs on BA - and they were actually runny!
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I know every so often, someone uploads an image of what other airlines are serving... so as a comparison (hope this is permitted), see below a recent offering on TAP from LHR-LIS on a late morning/early afternoon departure. This was on a £1,000 LHR-LIS-EWR return in J over Feb half term:

justin_krusty, mrow, Ldnn1 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.