Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by sbonathan
The aforementioned (mini) mugs must have either gone down badly (and were removed) or well (and have all been pinched) as they were replaced on both our outbound and return flight to Vienna with paper cups.
The minimugs have been removed immediately for safety reasons. Too many spillages of hot liquid.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ade99
Quick question - on our Venice flight yesterday (18:30 departure) we were offered either the Poke or Quinoa salad - looking at previous posts this is also on the Edinburgh flight, is this the same band?
I seemed to get a Band 1 / Band 2 Kosher Meal on a Band 3 flight too....
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by labdoctor
I seemed to get a Band 1 / Band 2 Kosher Meal on a Band 3 flight too....
It's a reduced offering during Passover.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Following my double cancellation and expensive trip across London to LCY from LHR the other day to the zero choice 2 slices of salami and a bit of cheese and some 50p carrot cake served by the poor FA who then had a full service in economy to sort out as well I think I'm done with BA.

I'm surprised any of the cabin crew turn up to be honest...it can't be any fun to work for.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This mornings southbound from EDI. Choices were this Spanish frittata, or full English. This was operated by a night stopper, hence the cereal bar.

GOTBound likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
BA928 LHR-MLA 16/04/2022

Genius1, Sealink, JTXC and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m told that a huge delivery of the standard mugs were delivered faulty hence the shortage, the small plastic cup were being used as a temporary stopgap but proved too small and prone to spillage, the paper cups are being used until the delivery of more standard mugs.
Sealink, alex67500 and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ibizarep
It's a reduced offering during Passover.
This flight was on April 13th, so it was before Passover. I've fired off a complaint but not holding my breath... I'm wondering if Gatwick has sufficient stock of all Kosher meals...
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
I note that free range eggs are on the menu but because of avian flu, free range eggs are no longer available, as the hens are kept indoors.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

Today’s afternoon tea on BA575 LIN-LHR
Sealink, JTXC, KARFA and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Ex Marco Polo Club

BA449 this morning

Was a night stopper but still was a bit underwhelming. The KitKat isn't exactly the usual "dessert" that they offer. Sorry I forgot to take off the foil!
GOTBound likes this.

Last edited by acerockstar; Apr 19, 2022 at 3:25 am
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Dinner EDI-LHR

First photo is a child / kids meal, second photo is a ‘chicken salad’.
The chicken salad was ok, but I greatly preferred the sushi salad / deconstructed poke bowl on the way up during lunch service.

adrianlondon, Sealink and GOTBound like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:05 am

Very peculiar breakfast this morning on BA1435 from EDI at 6:50. Was anticipating a full English, however we were offered a choice of bacon roll or Spanish cheese roll and the accompaniment of couscous and dairy milk was erm interesting.

Reason is likely due to late aircraft change. After delays at check-in, and then late and slow boarding by bus to a remote stand, the captain explained that our night stopping A320 had developed a technical hitch during the night and when the crew arrived they were advised to take the A319, which had arrived yesterday afternoon and wasn’t due to operate to LHR until 10:25. I’m therefore assuming that the tray with couscous was what had been loaded Ex LHR yesterday for the later return today. Anybody know if the hot component is usually loaded at the out station or is does it come up from Heathrow ? I’m wondering if maybe the bacon rolls were loaded on at EDI because the aircraft didn’t have the relevant crockery for plating the full English ?

No big deal and at the end of the day just happy to get away with only 30 mins delay. Would be interested if anyone has any insight.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Deconstructed salmon poke bowl on the evening flight to EDI yesterday. Alternative was quinoa salad. Was quite tasty.
I had that on my flight Sunday evening and enjoyed it.

As an aside, it's the first time I've had lounge access for ages, and I really like the new order-at-the-table system at LHR T5. The quality of the food seems improved because of it. The steak&ale pie and mash hit the spot, as did the Thai lentil soup. Even the basic salad contained some tasty leaves. Plus, self-pour champagne. Nice.

Another aside, I was offered a snack and a g&t on my FRA-LCY flight (in economy) but on the LHR-BSL flight back, economy was only offered a bottle of water. Another good reason to fly into LCY!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KLMkitty

Very peculiar breakfast this morning on BA1435 from EDI at 6:50. Was anticipating a full English, however we were offered a choice of bacon roll or Spanish cheese roll and the accompaniment of couscous and dairy milk was erm interesting.

Reason is likely due to late aircraft change. After delays at check-in, and then late and slow boarding by bus to a remote stand, the captain explained that our night stopping A320 had developed a technical hitch during the night and when the crew arrived they were advised to take the A319, which had arrived yesterday afternoon and wasn’t due to operate to LHR until 10:25. I’m therefore assuming that the tray with couscous was what had been loaded Ex LHR yesterday for the later return today. Anybody know if the hot component is usually loaded at the out station or is does it come up from Heathrow ? I’m wondering if maybe the bacon rolls were loaded on at EDI because the aircraft didn’t have the relevant crockery for plating the full English ?

No big deal and at the end of the day just happy to get away with only 30 mins delay. Would be interested if anyone has any insight.
the bacon roll seems to be the one from express band breakfasts https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34108183-post133.html

i can't explain the couscous, i don't recognise it from any other CE meals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.