Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ttama
LGW-ACE Dec 8th 2022.

Service and food were excellent.

I was in row 4 and got the last beef salad. Several people served after me sounded disappointed.

High points for me were the crunchy salad and pickles in the beef salad ( I couldn't really taste the horseradish). The cheese was also excellent. The tiramisu tasted a tad chemical but was quite chocolatey, which I enjoyed. Everything was good quality and served at the correct temperature.

The crew were sympathetic and helpful over allergies.

To add, the breakfast offerings in the Gatwick lounge were also very good. I haven't flown CE with BA since early 2020 and I think they've upped their game.
You chose that salad ? Looking at it, I think you did the other passengers a favour…
let_BAegones_be likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:51 pm

This was from a week or so ago.

No menus were handed out but I was given one to read to check for allergens.

Staff were very efficient and helpful, especially when it came to allergens, and were also constantly clearing things away and checking for top-ups. I'm surprised they can keep going at that rate.

I had to turn the starter down as it contained items I'm allergic to (mango and mint), but I think it was a salad containing chickpeas and feta. The choices of mains were salmon, a vegetarian or vegan dish that I can't remember, and braised beef with mash and a variety of root vegetables. The latter was still available for me in row 7. I'd already started eating before I took the photo, so it's a bit messy.

I enjoyed the beef ; the taste and texture were good and I mopped up the sauce with my bread roll so as not to waste it. The cheese and chutney were excellent.

For dessert there was 'sticky toffee pudding' which was a bit like a fool or a mousse. The crew pointed out the ingredients so I could check for allergens and while it would have been safe for me the artificial ingredients were a bit off-putting. It would probably have tasted fine but it was a highly processed dish using a lot of oils and carrageen and so on - possibly so it could be acceptable to vegans. I don't like highly processed food so didn't eat it.

The crew also offered chocolates and biscuits before landing.

FYI: I'd read a few bad reviews of the Lanzarote lounge but found it well run and well stocked , and I especially enjoyed the outdoor seating. It doesn't have the space or variety of seating as bigger airports, and it isn't exclusive to BA passengers, but it was clean and bright and had a good variety of food and drink which was constantly topped up. Food included hot dishes, cold meat and cheese, filled rolls, sushi & gyoza, cakes, fruit, chocolates etc . The coffee was good.
do you really leave your cutlery on that filthy tray table?!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by bafan
You chose that salad ? Looking at it, I think you did the other passengers a favour…
Ah, I see the witty intelligent crowd have just turned up
AmaaiZeg, TedToToe and 86BA7 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ah, I see the witty intelligent crowd have just turned up
Well, thanks. Though I don’t need flattery.

I was just looking at the grey fatty beef. But, hey, I’m glad you enjoyed it.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:13 am
Suspended

BA 507 LIS-LHR 25 December 2022

No menus offered, however I was offered the "Christmas Turkey Dinner" by the IFM, which I accepted. Other choices were an Italian Pasta thingie, and something else I forgot. The turkey was relatively moist and better than I had expected.

Christmas Turkey Dinner

Ubiquitous Mousse

I didn't find that the shavings on top of the Mousse were easily identifiable as to the spice used, they were gritty and kind of tasteless. The mousse itself was silky and had an industrial taste to it.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 4:00 pm
Suspended

BA 738 LHR-GVA 25 Dec. 2022.

Beef Salad, Nicky Foo, and Moose Dessert

Beef Salad and Nicky Foo

Bullwinkle the Moose

Crumbly stuff on the Moose

This Mousse/Moose was tastier than the one on the last flight earlier on in the day.
Sealink, DaveS, TedToToe and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by champignon
BA 738 LHR-GVA 25 Dec. 2022.

Beef Salad, Nicky Foo, and Moose Dessert

Beef Salad and Nicky Foo
Sitting here for at least a couple of minutes thinking 'what the hell is Nicky Foo and why can't I see it?!', like it's some sort of noodle salad I've never heard of

I like. I might have to steal it.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
BA2632 LGW-ALC 24/12

No menus, only offered afternoon tea, no photos but was the usual and was fine. I always ask if they have any butter on board as I don’t like clotted cream (sacrilege for a Devon girl &#128514, usually I’m lucky but not this time.

Crew were good and very proactive offering drinks top ups. I think they may have overestimated the amount of bubbles needed, as they came round and offered everyone a bottle to take away! Which we gladly took and had for aperitif on Christmas Day 😊
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AviationMoose
Sitting here for at least a couple of minutes thinking 'what the hell is Nicky Foo and why can't I see it?!', like it's some sort of noodle salad I've never heard of

I like. I might have to steal it.
It's that bottom shelf Champagne they serve in CE.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Breakfast on the EDI-LHR BA1443 this morning. It was quite late starting but usual fare. The lady described the omelette as omelette and dried tomatoes….. not sure what that actually was so went for the full english. The sausage was luke warm but the rest was piping hot so not sure what happened there! I also had to ask for some cutlery as it had escaped the tray without CC noticing.

Regards

aks120
Old Dec 27, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I didnt eat anything but this was the menu for LHR-MAD on the BA460. The pie looked delicious!

Regards

aks120
Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Originally Posted by aks120
Breakfast on the EDI-LHR BA1443 this morning. It was quite late starting but usual fare. The lady described the omelette as omelette and dried tomatoes….. not sure what that actually was so went for the full english. The sausage was luke warm but the rest was piping hot so not sure what happened there! I also had to ask for some cutlery as it had escaped the tray without CC noticing.

Regards

aks120
Cutlery! You want Cutlery!

To misquote someone else on here, "We are only responsible for getting you from A to B"
aks120 likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 19, 2023 at 11:41 am Reason: remove quoted image
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, BAEC
So going from LON-BER on a flight departing a little after 4pm will I be served dinner? Or afternoon tea?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BonnieBlue
So going from LON-BER on a flight departing a little after 4pm will I be served dinner? Or afternoon tea?
Unless things have changed recently, it will be afternoon tea! 17:00 being the start of dinner service.​​​​​​​
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:22 pm

This is the meal for the return MAD-LHR this evening. No menus and I was initially missed out completely (sat in 1F). When the CC asked whether I wanted a bread roll, I suggested a dinner would also be nice…… It was curry, pasta and prawn salad as the choice.

this was how I was served - the tinfoil was blooming hot to get off!

This is what was underneath

Regards

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.