Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
Come on, you are judging cheeses from the Uk based on what you have had on BA?

That’s like judging all Italian food based on what you have had in Bella Italia.
I was responding to Mr. PGberkshire, who said that BA First "highlights really well" these fantastic British Cheeses.

I also indicated that I don't personally know squat about British cheeses.

Last edited by Flyertalker001342; Jan 10, 2023 at 10:33 pm
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:11 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
TBF, you do not need to go to France or Italy for decent cheese, Britain makes some fantastic cheese, which to BA's credit they highlight really well (in LH F)
Every country - with the exception of the United States (home of Velveeta and anything bland, smell-less and tasteless) - has good cheese. You are quite right Britain does have some excellent cheese. In France one is spoilt for choice. People in France tend to eat cheese at home rather than in a restaurant unless it is on a Prix Fixe menu.

Sadly any chance of BA serving decently cooked food in general and cheese in particular is all the Health and Hygiene nonsense which goes way too far. Meat has to be cooked to death and cheese is not ripe. I hate referring back to BCAL but we bought all our cheese at Paxton and Whitfield. The Stilton was so good, that I always hoped that there would be some left over which went home with me. There - I have confessed to grand larceny!

There is one cheese that I cannot eat and that is Roquefort as it is too salty for my taste. Nevertheless, I mourn the loss of cheese on the Band 3 service

Whilst we are at it Boys, which Band is BUD? I've not flown it in years.
KARFA and DaveS like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Band 3 Pooch.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Flight to SOF this morning. Choice or full English or this poached eggs with kale.

Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:11 am

That actually looks ok, however them eggs scare me. I remember having a poached egg with a cold yolk and it was not good at all
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Every country - with the exception of the United States (home of Velveeta and anything bland, smell-less and tasteless) - has good cheese. You are quite right Britain does have some excellent cheese. In France one is spoilt for choice. People in France tend to eat cheese at home rather than in a restaurant unless it is on a Prix Fixe menu.

Sadly any chance of BA serving decently cooked food in general and cheese in particular is all the Health and Hygiene nonsense which goes way too far. Meat has to be cooked to death and cheese is not ripe. I hate referring back to BCAL but we bought all our cheese at Paxton and Whitfield. The Stilton was so good, that I always hoped that there would be some left over which went home with me. There - I have confessed to grand larceny!

There is one cheese that I cannot eat and that is Roquefort as it is too salty for my taste. Nevertheless, I mourn the loss of cheese on the Band 3 service

Whilst we are at it Boys, which Band is BUD? I've not flown it in years.
I think there are some small farmers in the US who make some decent cheeses but you would seldom see them outside of their local areas and I have never eaten any of them. There are some dairy areas within about 100 miles of where I live however those are located in, shall we say, unsophisticated areas, so I never see any of this. In some big US cities there are large food stores and cheese stores that may carry decent US cheeses, but I never go to those places (other than to the airport to get on a BA flight) so I have no experience with them. It is true that American taste in cheese is rock bottom, but I think that if you are willing to pay a high price, you can probably find some decent cheeses made in the USA.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by champignon
I think there are some small farmers in the US who make some decent cheeses but you would seldom see them outside of their local areas and I have never eaten any of them. There are some dairy areas within about 100 miles of where I live however those are located in, shall we say, unsophisticated areas, so I never see any of this. In some big US cities there are large food stores and cheese stores that may carry decent US cheeses, but I never go to those places (other than to the airport to get on a BA flight) so I have no experience with them. It is true that American taste in cheese is rock bottom, but I think that if you are willing to pay a high price, you can probably find some decent cheeses made in the USA.
I’ve had plenty of excellent cheese in the US, though I’m mainly in NYC, LAX or SFO.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuMcGrew
That actually looks ok, however them eggs scare me. I remember having a poached egg with a cold yolk and it was not good at all
The poached egg is a lottery as many crews will overcook it. Looks like I was on the same flight as KARFA this morning. I chose the poached egg but the yolk had the consistency of a hard-boiled egg. Oh well, I should have gone for the continental cold platter instead.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Ba2667 rak-lgw 11/01/23

Chicken was cooked properly- Juicy and not dry at all. The quinoa salad and tiramisu were tasteless and cheese meh. Gin was Tanqueray for the first time in I can’t remember and crew were good. OT side note the MID planes really need new seats!
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
BA252 LHR-PRG 10.15am departure

Took significant other Montague to Prague for a few days. Pleasantly surprised by the food offerings, was expecting a small salad. Even managed to rope her in to taking a photo! The missing meal was a “vegetable curry”

Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:43 am

Back from SOF today. Had the linguini.

Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TarquinMontague
Took significant other Montague to Prague for a few days. Pleasantly surprised by the food offerings, was expecting a small salad. Even managed to rope her in to taking a photo! The missing meal was a “vegetable curry”
I think I would have preferred a salad :-)
Sealink, DaveS and TarquinMontague like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 19, 2023 at 11:38 am Reason: remove quoted images
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
Back from SOF today. Had the linguini.
How was the orange cheese?
Sealink and AnaTravel like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 19, 2023 at 11:39 am Reason: remove quoted images
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:51 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Band 3 Pooch.
Bless you ZimmerFrame
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by champignon
How was the orange cheese?
Red Leicester. Was pleasant enough. Not the best one o have ever tasted, but certainly not a bond one either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.