Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 - November 2015

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:24 am

I guess you must be going to the other CCR Karfa but then again with a lot of your posts you seem to exist in a parallel universe.
One frequently sees posts on here about the CCR where people mention how much they have drunk particularly LPGS/cocktails etc or how they had perhaps a little bit too much to drink and have a fuzzy memory. In general these people congregate around the bar so that they can shorten the service time. Coincidentally?, these posters are often enthusiastic about the CCR service food etc - my point is that when slightly inebriated one's judgement is suspect.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:36 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by layz
They're not allowed to. All the restaurants in the terminal have to follow the same rules.

I'm not sure the exact list of cooking methods HAL banned but after Burger King flame grilled T1 they banned methods of cooking that had increased risks of fire.
I'm not sure what you think you understand.

Frying chips is the same process as boiling water, or warming up salt, or using sousvide water baths. They use an electrical element. Except you use oil. When you fry bacon or sausages it is exactly the same. What I think is confusing you is that you cannot use open flame. You don't need open flame to fry fries. There is a higher percentage of producing flame if you make a steak than producing fries in a thermostatically controlled fryer. Also .... as it happens ... the best fries spend most of their time frying at low temperatures - 130ish before they fry for a short time at 180ish.

Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by uk1
What I think is confusing you is that you cannot use open flame. You don't need open flame to fry fries.
You are indeed correct, buy layz is also correct that for HSSE reasons they are not able to use a fryer in the kitchen, which is exceedingly small given the 1,000 to 2,000 CCR daily users, never mind the Floungers. I gather there is an investigation ongoing at the moment, to see what can be done about this in the future.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scillyisles
I guess you must be going to the other CCR Karfa but then again with a lot of your posts you seem to exist in a parallel universe.
I did say in my post "I don't disagree or wish to dismiss the real issues that you and uk1 raise" and I did mean it, so there is no need to get personal is there.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:49 am
uk1
Suspended

Thank you for an accurate assessment and report which I would agree with 100% and which matches my numerous visits to CCR.
I wonder if we have 2 CCRs at T5 and you and I and other posters who post about their poor experience are visiting the wrong CCR. A more likely explanation might actually be hinted at in the post by aks120 above - I get the impression that quite a lot of posters go into the CCR to drink as much as possible and once you have had a few drinks, it dulls the senses, lowers one's standards and blurs the memory.
Many thanks. My post took a degree of courage and I appreciate your comment.

I have not once had a "First Class" experience in CCR and I don't think it possible with the current mind set. The only explanation I have concluded about other reviews is that all people have different food experiences and standards and we all find our own level. You cannot tell someone else that they do not undersrtand decent food or service. In the end we're getting this food because too few object.

It isn't about cash. Frying a chip for example doesn't cost much.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Thank you for an accurate assessment and report which I would agree with 100% and which matches my numerous visits to CCR.
I wonder if we have 2 CCRs at T5 and you and I and other posters who post about their poor experience are visiting the wrong CCR. A more likely explanation might actually be hinted at in the post by aks120 above - I get the impression that quite a lot of posters go into the CCR to drink as much as possible and once you have had a few drinks, it dulls the senses, lowers one's standards and blurs the memory.
Serving cold food is certainly the norm in my experience.

The terrace service seems to be more hit and miss - I've had some very good and proactive staff serve me on some occasions; and some very long waits on others.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't disagree or wish to dismiss the real issues that you and uk1 raise. However, since at least some of the posters who do post are teetotal I don't think your theory really has any basis. Also I think having a drink or two is not really the same as trying to drink as much as possible - I don't think I have ever seen anyone try to do the latter in the CCR.
It isn't covered by the teetotal theory. It is however covered by a much simpler theory. People are simply different. What we have hear is people who think they "know what is fine dining" telling others that they don't know what they are talking about when they cite specifics. Cold food isn't accpetable anywhere, but I have yet to see a warm meal well produced.

One of our clients was a 6* cruise line. It took us some time to understand that some appreciate the taste and don't care two hoots about presentation, some are are the other way round. Some think that if you stick 5 cold oven baked chips into a basket it is chefy. Some want freshly fried chips and don't even really care if it is in newspaper. You may be suprised to hear this but class of travel might even have an inverse relationship if you are going to "over presume" and that it seemed ... in over over simplistic terms ... peasants understood more about the taste and heat of real food than people you would presume knew more. I use the wrong PC words to make the point but you get the drift.

It isn't PC too suggest this but actually a lot of frequent fliers do not know much about food but how would they know that they don't and sadly under our new rules of not "offending anyone" you mustn't suggest it.

I know that the food in CCR has been when we have been there accurately described as poor and I am sorry if this offends others.

Last edited by uk1; Jan 22, 2015 at 10:15 am
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:02 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You are indeed correct, buy layz is also correct that for HSSE reasons they are not able to use a fryer in the kitchen, which is exceedingly small given the 1,000 to 2,000 CCR daily users, never mind the Floungers. I gather there is an investigation ongoing at the moment, to see what can be done about this in the future.
In the event that this is true, then as a person who now prefers air fryers when producing chips I can assure you that a very good compromise that it undetectable is oven fries using air fryers. I guarantee that no one could detect the difference between using air fried chips to deep oil fried, but it does and will produce a touch more time than scooping them out of a luke warm baking tray which is what they are currently doing. Air fried chips take around 7 minutes from freezer to plate and will taste exatly like deep fried but they cannot be "held". Bluntly you have to produce the rest of the meal around the time of the fries being ready. But I can do it so I presume so can the "First Class" chefs in CCR.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by uk1
It isn't covered by the teetotal theory. It is however covered by a much simpler theory.

One of our clients was a 6* cruise line. It took us some time to understand that some appreciate the taste and don't care two hoots about presentation, some are are the other way round. Some think that if you stick 5 cold ove baked chips into a basket it is chefy. Some want feshly fried chips in newspaper.

It isn't PC too suggest this but actually a lot of frequent fliers do not know much about food but how would they know that they don't and sadly under our new rules of not "offending anyone" you mustn't suggest it.

I know the food in CCR has when I have been there poo and I am sorry if this offends others.

I didn't advance any alcohol/teetotal theory uk1. I was just observing that the positive and negative comments don't seem to correlate to those that drink and those that don't. I don't know enough to really comment on the theory you suggest, you may be right.

Anyway, just to be clear I am not trying to disagree or dismiss your comments on the experience you had. I do feel sorry that you had a bad experience in the CCR, and I hope you pass your comments to BA.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:09 am

Lounge dining wikis now in the process of being updated to reflect new 2015 thread. CCR and GF wikis done, others will be done over the next 24 hrs.
And on a lighter note, all the lounge food wikis are updated now, including this one, LHR GF T5&3, LHR GC T5&3, LHR T1, LGW GF, LGW GC, and the UK Domestics.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:18 am
uk1
Suspended

I didn't advance any alcohol/teetotal theory uk1. I was just observing that the positive and negative comments don't seem to correlate to those that drink and those that don't. I don't know enough to really comment on the theory you suggest, you may be right.

Anyway, just to be clear I am not trying to disagree or dismiss your comments on the experience you had. I do feel sorry that you had a bad experience in the CCR, and I hope you pass your comments to BA.
And I owe you equal apologies if the reponse was badly formed. I was simply supporting your common theme. I didn't have a bad experfience at CCR. What I have never had is a "First Class" experience at CCR.

I won't pass on my comments because I don't think it will make the slightest difference. I prsume they have managers who work at Heathrow who walk around and can see these things. I therefore presume that they are doing this because they want to.

As it happens this thread is proably slightly more more influential than me contacting BA.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Duplicate
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also I think having a drink or two is not really the same as trying to drink as much as possible - I don't think I have ever seen anyone try to do the latter in the CCR.
This is because you never invite me in.

[I've never had time to eat in the CCR so I make no comment on the quality or otherwise of the cuisine.]
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:42 am
uk1
Suspended

I did say in my post "I don't disagree or wish to dismiss the real issues that you and uk1 raise" and I did mean it, so there is no need to get personal is there.
There is an issue that does need to be sorted here though. And I don't know where else is better to say so as it has happened specifically here.

I concentrated on a factual detailed precis exactly as I found things. It is the first post by me on the topic following a dozen or so visits. There needs to be a way found for posts on this forum to be accepted from all posters as well as long-term posters that are negative about the product without receiving responses that questions their integrity or judgement in a really rather (clever but) nasty way.

I don't object to people posting gushing support in response to those that say "how wonderful things were". Positive experience must be posted. But this increasing lack of tolerance and nastiness from some to criticism is what is in a small way contributing to the lowering of BA standards.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by uk1
And I owe you equal apologies if the reponse was badly formed.
No apology necessary at all.

Originally Posted by Calchas
This is because you never invite me in.
Maybe one day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.