Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The lunch buffet varies according to the numbers. I suspect tomorrow it won't be busy, so they are loathed to put lots of food out for it all to be thrown away. But they will cook up the items listed at the start of this thread, plus the waiter service menu, and invariably I've seen the salad buffet laid out even when I'm the only user. The food is there, you may just have to ask for it.
I would add that to me, personally, this policy makes sense. The lounge is often very empty and I think it would be a great shame to put stuff on the buffet which would (1) cool down/not be very good and (2) go to waste.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I'm in the flounge at the moment and I spy a change to the salad buffet. I'm not sure if it regular/permanent but it doesn't appear to be on the wiki, in place of the chicken there is a long plate with nice thick slices of rather nice, creamy mozzarella with pesto drizzled on it.I thieved a plate load and very good it was too.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:57 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Well. New Flounge menu now in operation. I took photos and will upload when I can.

Can't see any changes to the main menu but the desserts have been enhanced away to just ice cream and sorbet. The buffet selection of cakes today was also pathetic (sticky toffee cake. That was it).

Must be too much money for them to make a decent dessert now.

I also sat in the filth of the lounge for 2 hours before a plate was cleared. Lovely.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rxfleming
Well. New Flounge menu now in operation. I took photos and will upload when I can.

Can't see any changes to the main menu but the desserts have been enhanced away to just ice cream and sorbet. The buffet selection of cakes today was also pathetic (sticky toffee cake. That was it).

Must be too much money for them to make a decent dessert now.

I also sat in the filth of the lounge for 2 hours before a plate was cleared. Lovely.
Wow that sounds disappointing. I was at least hoping the Club Sandwich would make it onto the menu and the desserts are normally the same as the CCR. Ice cream and sorbet is a big step down considering ice cream has always been available anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
I was in the T5 GF last night, and it seems we've dropped back to the old gloop menus ... Chilli Con Carne (presumably from the same cauldron as GC) and some chicken gloop. The only solid was a steak and ale pie (which was not bad) and some bizarre quiche thing which nobody seemed to be touching.

So I'm back to being not impressed.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm very curious about these changes, I hope CWS or another kind soul can pop by and take a look. I should be there this Friday to see if the reports of a revert to slop are really back which would frankly be dreadful. I'd really like to see the menu.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
This must be very recent as I was in the Flounge on Thursday evening and had the full as listed here menu and buffet.

Desserts as per the menu.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:09 am
formerly rxfleming

Was told the menu changed Saturday 21st.

And I confirm gloop was on the buffet yesterday too. Disappointing backwards step.

Main Menu

Desssert Menu

Last edited by travelwithross; Jun 23, 2014 at 4:49 am Reason: formatting
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks for posting rxfleming ^. Any chance you could rotate the photos and make them a little smaller please?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:44 am
formerly rxfleming

On my mobile - sorry for the bad formatting. Sorted!

Last edited by travelwithross; Jun 23, 2014 at 4:49 am
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Many thanks rxfleming. Did you get to try any of the new options?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Was told the menu changed Saturday 21st.

And I confirm gloop was on the buffet yesterday too. Disappointing backwards step.
Argh what have they done with my treacle tart????

I know it's "summer" but seriously? The only dessert option is ice cream?

At least the pulled pork wrap and mozzarella sound like decent new main course options.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:56 am
formerly rxfleming

Sorry KARFA I didn't try anything on the dessert menu. Ice cream just doesn't do it for me. I don't eat pork anymore and the mozzarella salad wasn't available.

I did try the "red onion, cheese and tomato" tarts that they had at the buffet. These were actually very nice - light enough not to be too heavy and the pastry was crumbly. But I was disappointed to see the return of the gloop (aka butter chicken and chilli and pasta).
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
I love butter chicken, but if it tastes like before...

Anyway, I will try soon and I will report back.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don't think this looks good at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.