Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 - November 2015

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:06 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I was in the CCR Tuesday and Wednesday this week. The staff were charming and efficient, the food served timely and at the correct temperature - lamb, risotto and breakfast.

On both days I met up with FlyerTalkers who both reported similar experiences.

It's rather strange, n'it?

P.S. I only had 2 alcoholic drinks on each visit.
As you choose to mention it, yes it is odd, but what is even odder is that whilst you went to some trouble to post that you "ignore" my posts, nothing in the post you were actually replying to mentioned the temperature of food or the timeliness of delivery or staff issues or the specifics you highlighted. The post contained only generalities. However my post mentioned all these specifc things.

Perhaps some of my posts have accidently seeped through your "ignore" list.

Man up and admit you cannot resist reading my posts.

Last edited by uk1; Jan 22, 2015 at 11:16 am
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
What I genuinely don't understand is that BA must spend a fair amount on booze. LPGS is a high end Champagne, similar in price to Dom & Krug. The CCR wines retail around Ł25-30 per bottle, (which means they would be around Ł100 in a restaurant....that's a reasonable quality for a first class lounge giveaway,) and the in the Flounge and onboard in J they serve Taittinger, which is a decent mid-range Champers.

So, why do they make the investment in high-end booze, but offer food that honestly loses to a sack of Burger King every time?

I'm a dedicated alcoholic, and I like the booze BA offer, but the food makes the whole experience seem cheap, both in the lounges and onboard.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Last edited by Calchas; Jan 23, 2015 at 4:07 am
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:10 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmc1K
What I genuinely don't understand is that BA must spend a fair amount on booze. LPGS is a high end Champagne, similar in price to Dom & Krug. The CCR wines retail around Ł25-30 per bottle, (which means they would be around Ł100 in a restaurant....that's a reasonable quality for a first class lounge giveaway,) and the in the Flounge and onboard in J they serve Taittinger, which is a decent mid-range Champers.

So, why do they make the investment in high-end booze, but offer food that honestly loses to a sack of Burger King every time?

I'm a dedicated alcoholic, and I like the booze BA offer, but the food makes the whole experience seem cheap, both in the lounges and onboard.
It is odd as you say and I agree with the sentiment exactly as you state it.

In terms of trade-off (although I do not believe it necessary to make them) I would prefer to see them save the price of half a bottle of LPGS which I easily drink or two or a few glasses of the Johny Walker and spend it on the food and service. But if you look at the actual issues, they actually do not cost anything to put right.

The reason why I used the word "ashamed" in my original post was purposeful in that we were chatting to a delightful American couple in the lounge who were on holiday and they were saying how remarkable the food in London had improved generally in the last ten years or so and rightly or wrongly people often think in places like a national carrier's home based F lounge that it might be presumed to symbolise with some pride what visitors might expect as being top-end cusine of the host country ie all the best that that country has to offer. They were puzzled by the poor food and service in the lounge.

As it happens it reminded me of how postively we felt towards Qantas after
using the SYD lounge on our visits. It was better than a lot of what we'd eaten in Sydney. Over time the Sydney F lounge became a part of our trips that we positively looked forward to. In London we appear to have the reverse experience for visitors.

If you think of that route as being LHR>SIN>SYD and back then neither BA LHR or BA SIN stacks up well in comparison to QF SYD F lounge. Even at SIN almost all recommend the QF lounge rather than BA. Why on this particular route as some others BA doesn't see this as a weakness worthy of addressing ... who knows. It doesn't strike me that cooking the same ingredients properly and serving it on warm plates and having competent staff would actually cost a penny more, it would just take managers actually managing.

Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Honestly not taking a shot here, but since we are on the topic of food......is there somewhere in the F galley where the crew could refrigerate food brought onboard?

I know, I'm a snob and pretentious, but I can't take the F food anymore.....wondering what I can bring on my next redemption that would either keep for the duration or could be stuck in a fridge, (and not the Club Kitchen, where it would disappear!)
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jmc1K
Honestly not taking a shot here, but since we are on the topic of food......is there somewhere in the F galley where the crew could refrigerate food brought onboard?
It's been asked before, and apart from baby food there is a reluctance for crew to deal with customers' food on the whole, let along store it, and a whole series of contamination issues to consider.

I tend to find ways and means of getting fresh, full fat milk to the various parts of the world where this is not readily available. I can tell the difference between 3.6% fat and 3.2%, this is what farming does to you. My opinion of semi skimmed and skimmed milk would be right into FT Rant territory, as well as wonderfully off topic.

Now what I've found is that there are Tupperware style plastic chiller boxes out there, about the size of a thick hardback book, which are very good at keeping the temperature down. You can also add a mini bag of lounge ice via double bagging some small plastic sandwich bags, and my box has a separate compartment in the lid where ice can be put. With a bit of ingenuity and cutting things up, you can get quite a lot of items into these boxes, and on the return I use it to store electrical cables and adapters.

However I don't actually think that was the underlying point of your question....
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: LOTS
We spent a couple of hours last week in the CCR on a quick trip to BOM. There was a lively crowd at the bar & the time passed quickly while we guzzled champagne.

We both snacked on the fish which was perfectly cooked & served on HOT plates. Maybe someone at BA has been reading the forum.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
What we have hear is people who think they "know what is fine dining" telling others that they don't know what they are talking about
We do indeed... witness:
Originally Posted by uk1
a lot of frequent fliers do not know much about food
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
If the food is cold or the service isn't great do people complain and if so, what is the response of the staff?

I've been in the CCR a couple of times and never had a reason to complain but am interested to know.

Louise
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:03 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickB
We do indeed... witness:

Nick, your point is a touch to intelligent for me. Give us a clue!

Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:12 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by LoopyLou
If the food is cold or the service isn't great do people complain and if so, what is the response of the staff?

I've been in the CCR a couple of times and never had a reason to complain but am interested to know.

Louise
Louise,

The answer to your specific question is "yes" but now "no" as I for one have done so in the past and my comments "will be forwarded to management" but now do not bother.

I never thought I'd be nostalgic for the curries we use to get in previous terminal F BA lounges but that is where we are.

Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:22 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by fincastle84
We spent a couple of hours last week in the CCR on a quick trip to BOM. There was a lively crowd at the bar & the time passed quickly while we guzzled champagne.

We both snacked on the fish which was perfectly cooked & served on HOT plates. Maybe someone at BA has been reading the forum.
I think your post supports a few parallel theories including a consistency problem. This normally indicates ineffective management. This product shouldn't be a lottery and it's resolution is neither difficult or expensive to put right.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by fincastle84

Ah another gem of a post - thank you - the last sentence in the first paragraph backs up my previous assertions about certain clientele trying to drink the CCR dry of champagne.

No doubt after you had guzzled the champagne, the fish snacks would have been cooked to perfection and served on piping hot plates. Raymond Blanc himself could have not done any better - no doubt.

Actually, thinking about chefs what we need to do is nominate the CCR for a Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares episode.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: LOTS
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Ah another gem of a post - thank you - the last sentence in the first paragraph backs up my previous assertions about certain clientele trying to drink the CCR dry of champagne.

No doubt after you had guzzled the champagne, the fish snacks would have been cooked to perfection and served on piping hot plates. Raymond Blanc himself could have not done any better - no doubt.

Actually, thinking about chefs what we need to do is nominate the CCR for a Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares episode.
Pretentious or what?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe I was in the dining area the same time as you uk1. I wish I had known as I would have happily taken one for the team (the kind soul I am) and swapped my pink and hot lamb rump for your cold and grey one. In fact I had two portions (as they are quite small but I understand why) and went on to have the plaice which was very good. I was also offered bread and wine with my food order and dessert when I'd finished. The young man who served me was most courteous and eager to please and offered appropriate wine choices for the food I ordered. He said 'its my pleasure Sir' and it was clear he meant it.

Later on the terrace I was quickly approached and ordered the avocado salad which was delicious and the poached egg perfectly cooked.

I agree with you on the chips, that's why I'd only order a burger somewhere like Red Robin where its consistently delicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.