FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't disagree or wish to dismiss the real issues that you and uk1 raise. However, since at least some of the posters who do post are teetotal I don't think your theory really has any basis. Also I think having a drink or two is not really the same as trying to drink as much as possible - I don't think I have ever seen anyone try to do the latter in the CCR.
It isn't covered by the teetotal theory. It is however covered by a much simpler theory. People are simply different. What we have hear is people who think they "know what is fine dining" telling others that they don't know what they are talking about when they cite specifics. Cold food isn't accpetable anywhere, but I have yet to see a warm meal well produced.

One of our clients was a 6* cruise line. It took us some time to understand that some appreciate the taste and don't care two hoots about presentation, some are are the other way round. Some think that if you stick 5 cold oven baked chips into a basket it is chefy. Some want freshly fried chips and don't even really care if it is in newspaper. You may be suprised to hear this but class of travel might even have an inverse relationship if you are going to "over presume" and that it seemed ... in over over simplistic terms ... peasants understood more about the taste and heat of real food than people you would presume knew more. I use the wrong PC words to make the point but you get the drift.

It isn't PC too suggest this but actually a lot of frequent fliers do not know much about food but how would they know that they don't and sadly under our new rules of not "offending anyone" you mustn't suggest it.

I know that the food in CCR has been when we have been there accurately described as poor and I am sorry if this offends others.

Last edited by uk1; Jan 22, 2015 at 10:15 am