Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OTOH AmEx has a lounge agreement with DL that all Plat and Centurion cardmembers can access the DL SC (at ORD and throughout the system) when the passenger has a same day flight operated and marketed by DL. Certain DL AmEx cardholders get the same privilege. Given this, I would expect ORD to be a low priority location for a Centurion lounge.
Not sure I understand, since SFO, SEA, DFW, MIA, and LGA all have Delta SkyClubs and Centurion Lounges.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
OTOH AmEx has a lounge agreement with DL that all Plat and Centurion cardmembers can access the DL SC (at ORD and throughout the system) when the passenger has a same day flight operated and marketed by DL. Certain DL AmEx cardholders get the same privilege. Given this, I would expect ORD to be a low priority location for a Centurion lounge.
The vast majority of passengers flying to, from, or through ORD are not flying on DL. As stated above, there are plenty of airports which have SkyClubs but still have Centurions. ORD is a fortress hub for AA and UA customers and Amex does not currently have a lounge offering there for any of them. I would wager an ORD CL would need to be huge to accommodate the amount of demand there.

Now I wouldn't expect to see a CL at ATL anytime soon...
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:41 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cmd320
The vast majority of passengers flying to, from, or through ORD are not flying on DL. As stated above, there are plenty of airports which have SkyClubs but still have Centurions. ORD is a fortress hub for AA and UA customers and Amex does not currently have a lounge offering there for any of them. I would wager an ORD CL would need to be huge to accommodate the amount of demand there.

Now I wouldn't expect to see a CL at ATL anytime soon...
While I'd love one in ORD, I have no clue where they would put it. Unless UA, AA, or DL vacate one of their lounges (highly unlikely), I don't think there is space.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by United747
While I'd love one in ORD, I have no clue where they would put it. Unless UA, AA, or DL vacate one of their lounges (highly unlikely), I don't think there is space.
That's a critical point. AmEx cannot simply look at a list of airports and point to one or another. There has to be a viable space available in the airport under consideration.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
Originally Posted by dhuey
That's a critical point. AmEx cannot simply look at a list of airports and point to one or another. There has to be a viable space available in the airport under consideration.
They pretty much created a new space in DFW. Surely there's some spot in one of the connected ORD Terminals where they could enclose a few thousand square feet and put in a lounge...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not mentioned in this thread, but on blogs and in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-upcoming.html

is that an LAX lounge is most likely coming.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by cmd320
They pretty much created a new space in DFW. Surely there's some spot in one of the connected ORD Terminals where they could enclose a few thousand square feet and put in a lounge...
Is it on top of space that was already there or was the entire area open before? I agree ORD would be a great location.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Could be, as I'm sure the DL/Amex relationship is a delicate one. They have certainly cut down multi airline flexibility by limiting access to a same day DL flight. I'm never on DL going into ORD; usually puddle jumping in on UX before catching a TCON flight.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
There is a make shift Centurion Lounge in ORD for the holidays. It's just some chairs with USB and 110v charging stations. It's right next to gate F3. Show the ladies your Amex card you'll get a free gift. I got an external battery charger. I needed one too! I asked the young girl if this was a precursor to a real Centurion Lounge for ORD. She didn't really know

Last edited by mia; Nov 22, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saxman66
There is a make shift Centurion Lounge in ORD for the holidays. It's just some chairs with USB and 110v charging stations. It's right next to gate F3. Show the ladies your Amex card you'll get a free gift. I got an external battery charger. I needed one too! I asked the young girl if this was a precursor to a real Centurion Lounge for ORD. She didn't really know
Hmm good to know. Any idea how long it's going to be there? I have three scheduled trips through ORD but not until late December.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's very interesting. Never heard of anything like that as of yet.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Interesting!

Too bad all my Chicago flights coming up are to MDW. (Or maybe not...I kind of despise ORD. )
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:23 am

I'm headed out of Chicago for the holiday tomorrow. I'll make the trek over there to check it out and post back.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:48 am

cool. I'll be there Wed and will check it out. thanks for the info.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:21 am

ORD

I checked out the little area at ORD yesterday. It was quite small and just had some stations for people to charge their stuff. As saxman66 said, they give out external chargers as a gift to card members. I also asked if there was going to be a full service lounge, they said that they didn't know but they would like one there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.