Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP

The Centurion(SM) Studio expands network of private spaces for Platinum Card Members in domestic airports
NEW YORK--(Business Wire)--
American Express is expanding its presence in major domestic airports, announcing today it will open The Centurion Studio at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in 2015.

Like The Centurion Lounges, The Centurion Studio will be a retreat for Card Members but in a smaller space, featuring some of the amenities Card Members say are most essential: comfortable seating, charging stations, fast and free WiFi, and complimentary healthy snacks and beverages. Access to The Centurion Studio is the latest feature in a suite of travel benefits for Platinum Card Members; entry to the space will be complimentary for Platinum Card and Centurion Members, and their immediate family or one travel companion.

"American Express is dedicated to creating a more seamless travel journey for our Platinum Card Members, and our goal is to have a presence in airports they frequent the most," said Lisa Durocher, Senior Vice President of Charge Cards and Benefits, American Express. "While The Centurion Lounges have been tremendously popular with our Card Members, space on that scale is not always available. Providing important amenities to our Card Members, even with a smaller footprint, can help them relax and stay connected while they`re on the road."

The Centurion Studio is an extension to The Centurion Lounge network, uniquely designed airport lounges aimed to enhance the travel journey for Card Members. The Centurion Lounge locations include Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, New York`s LaGuardia Airport and San Francisco International Airport. A Lounge will open in 2015 at Miami International Airport.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:45 pm

I wish AMEX can be more concrete on the timing

"will open in 2015" isn't too helpful vs. "will open in Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 2015"
Same for SEA and MIA opening
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I wish AMEX can be more concrete on the timing

"will open in 2015" isn't too helpful vs. "will open in Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 2015"
Same for SEA and MIA opening
Yeah ... I'm traveling through here in late Feb, I don't think it'll be ready in 3 months ... maybe late 2015
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
This seems like a positive development, anxious to hear the future locations.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:41 pm

Any speculation on location? Perhaps replacing Club Cascade by A11, or the N basement?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm curious what the size distinction is between a "Lounge" and a "Studio"...
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:21 pm

I hope the "studios" don't eventually outnumber the lounges, since the latter are larger in size.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Exciting development.

Thanks for sharing.

Old B UA dba CO club?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The announcement doesn't say that holders of other AmEx cards can use the lounge for $50 per entry. I wonder if it will really be for Platinum and Centurion cards only due to its size.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:20 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by okrogius
Any speculation on location? Perhaps replacing Club Cascade by A11, or the N basement?
Read here: http://travelcodex.com/2014/11/will-...tudio-seattle/

I reached out to American Express and learned that it will be near the entrance to the B Gates from the main concourse. The individual I spoke to couldnt provide an exact location, but in that area you can find a McDonalds, Vino Volo, Hudson News, and a few other fairly unremarkable places.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm curious what the size distinction is between a "Lounge" and a "Studio"...
Maybe a full kitchen? It seems like the food at the SEA one will be "healthy snacks", whatever that means

Originally Posted by steve4
I hope the "studios" don't eventually outnumber the lounges, since the latter are larger in size.
If AMEX could get the space to put Centurion-sized lounges everywhere that would be nice, but I'm assuming with SEA they're using what they got
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
There's already a lounge that Priority Pass Select members can access in SEA. I'd rather see them focus on locations where they don't have lounge access. ORD is an obvious miss.

And unless they put a pancake machine into this Studio, I don't see what will make it a better option than the current AS lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
There's already a lounge that Priority Pass Select members can access in SEA. I'd rather see them focus on locations where they don't have lounge access. ORD is an obvious miss.

And unless they put a pancake machine into this Studio, I don't see what will make it a better option than the current AS lounge.
EWR would also be a great location for a Centurion Lounge, but I don't know if it's a price, space, or United exclusivity issue at this time.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch

Problem is, the Board Room can get crowded. It'll be nice to have a (free) alternative.

Outside of the pancakes of course! (it's never that busy in the mornings).
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: Various
No complaining here, will be good to see a Centurion lounge at my home airport. The AS 'bored' room has never been over crowded when I've visited, but the food selection is a bit dire. But then so are most US lounges, don't even get me started on the AA 'Flagship' lounge at JFK - all that fuss of swiping me into the lounge, and then the selection is poor compared to a BA Galleries offering, and is mere amoeba on VS Clubhouses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.