Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mia
In Miami three people were convicted for stealing 20% of an airport lounge's revenue over a two year period (Jan 2012 - Feb 2014). The restitution they were ordered to pay was about $3 million, suggesting gross revenue $15 million for two years. (Read both articles to find all dates and numbers.)

2014 arrest: Trio charged with stealing millions from Miami-Dade Aviation Miami Herald

2018 conviction: Miami couple charged with skimming millions in airport revenue Miami Herald
Wow...fascinating.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of Centurion Lounge at Denver has been broken out to separate thread now that the lounge has been officially announced:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ng-2019-a.html
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:11 am

Any news on a chicago cent lounge? I recall they did a holidays pop up a couples years back, hoping they get one planned soon (although the new admirals club is pretty nice as well).
chitink likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:03 pm

LAX’s board has approved a lease with American Express for a Centurion Loinge to be located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal.

m.photog and FlyingKansan like this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
LAX’s board has approved a lease with American Express for a Centurion Loinge to be located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal.

https://twitter.com/briansumers/status/985193943531896832
SWEET!!! Now I suppose I can look into dropping my Admirals Club membership after having had it for years!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Hawaiian717

https://twitter.com/briansumers/status/985193943531896832
Amazing! Cant wait to see how big it is, hope it rivals the JFK one for size, its gonna be packed.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The linked Twitter discussion mentions 14,000 square feet, but I have not read the original documents.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Great news!!!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by mia
The linked Twitter discussion mentions 14,000 square feet, but I have not read the original documents.
i should have paid more attention, thanks! so close to JFK but about 1k sf smaller. more like the DEN size
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
ORD Centurion

It is not a question of if, but when, Chicago and American Express choose to open a lounge. From my perspective the big question is whether it will serve the domestic (1,2,3), international (5) or both terminals. LAX is getting an Amex lounge in their international terminal, which is accessible to many (basically not WN or DL) domestic passengers. What thoughts/rumors do people want to share here? My ideal location would be in the concentric area near the G gates near the AA + DL + UA parts of the airport, or someplace in the E-F building.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Amex seems to not be competing directly with Sky Club locations, so a Centurion Lounge in ORD T2 seems unlikely as long as DL lives there. I know there are big plans at ORD in the coming years, such as a new international terminal and DL relocating to what is now T5, and T2 getting demolished and rebuilt. I would not be surprised to see a Centurion lounge end up there in the long term.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by javabytes
Amex seems to not be competing directly with Sky Club locations, so a Centurion Lounge in ORD T2 seems unlikely as long as DL lives there. I know there are big plans at ORD in the coming years, such as a new international terminal and DL relocating to what is now T5, and T2 getting demolished and rebuilt. I would not be surprised to see a Centurion lounge end up there in the long term.
That is interesting since at JFK they are putting the biggest Amex Lounge to date in T4, while I know this is also the Intl terminal so to speak, it still does compete with DL there as well as all the Intl "flagship" lounges. But I assume this was due to space/getting the most exposure to the most airlines.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by safari ari
That is interesting since at JFK they are putting the biggest Amex Lounge to date in T4, while I know this is also the Intl terminal so to speak, it still does compete with DL there as well as all the Intl "flagship" lounges. But I assume this was due to space/getting the most exposure to the most airlines.
At JFK it makes sense since there are 25+ other airlines with international flights out of T4. You don't really see this anywhere else throughout the network. I would be very surprised to see Amex put in a Centurion lounge at ORD T2, as it currently only serves DL and some United Express flights. There is no real reason to have a Centurion Lounge serve ORD T2 as long as there is a Sky Club there and Amex has its partnership with Delta.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:08 am

EWR where could a centurion lounge go?

so as with most people in prettt fed up with the UA EWR terminal C lounge situation. Since they closed the main lounge to make it Polaris the overcrowding has been surreal.

as a GS I have no access to Polaris domestically.

i really enjoy the Amex lounges in other airports. With JFK and LGA covered makes me wonder if EWR ever would be. If they did so decide to put a lounge there where could one even go in terminal c?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Maybe a Centurion lounge gets built in the new Terminal A once construction is completed. I don’t think you will ever see one show up in Terminal C.

I hope UA sorts out the UC situation relatively soon, though. For the endless amount of time it feels like some amount of construction has been going on at C, the non-Polaris clubs have been neglected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.