Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car

This chatter has been spread among the various lounge threads

Informal for someone in Centurion Lounge mgmt to find and consider, here's my list:

1. LAX -- T4 for AA flyers, my #1 need, as I tend to be early before red-eyes/connections
2. ORD -- in the main terminal hub
3. MIA
4. DEN
5. RNO -- this one should be easy, no competition, plenty of space
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by 4aks
This chatter has been spread among the various lounge threads

Informal for someone in Centurion Lounge mgmt to find and consider, here's my list:

1. LAX -- T4 for AA flyers, my #1 need, as I tend to be early before red-eyes/connections
2. ORD -- in the main terminal hub
3. MIA
4. DEN
5. RNO -- this one should be easy, no competition, plenty of space
Might as well list every major airport globally. Bigger problem is most airports require multiple lounges.

If they align themselves to compete with a major airline then all AA airports!

For me:

SJC (although The Club at SJC is good)
Orlando
Chicago (ORD)
Omaha
Phoenix

The list goes on.....
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
For me:

CLT and/or ATL
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
YYZ Terminal 3 Transborder

(The AA lounge will not be accessible and quite honestly I don't know if AA lounge will stay open without Priority Pass as sevice by AA and US is mostly RJs with only flights to MIA and DFW getting 737s)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:57 am

ZHR ..
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
YYZ Terminal 3 Transborder

(The AA lounge will not be accessible and quite honestly I don't know if AA lounge will stay open without Priority Pass as sevice by AA and US is mostly RJs with only flights to MIA and DFW getting 737s)
There (briefly) was an Amex-branded lounge at YYZ, though I can't remember if it was T1 or T3.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks
I don't know if there's actually anywhere to put this, unless they outbid the restaurants or something.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by nall
I don't know if there's actually anywhere to put this, unless they outbid the restaurants or something.
Maybe downstairs, heading towards the commuter terminal bus stop?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
ATL, LAX and MIA
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:40 pm
Used to be 'roachjl'

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Universal
For me:

CLT and/or ATL
If they plan on keeping a partnership with DL, then I think Atlanta is out. They have avoided Delta Hubs so far.

ORD MUST be next on their list. Hub for 2 of the 3 US airlines. The problem is where do you put it. I imagine it would have to be enormous. I actually think they probably need two there.

I like the idea of CLT. Losing the US club there will be huge.

I think that MIA and EWR, and IAH are the next no brainers.

I think people are listing their own persona wish lists, which is fine, but I think the above airports would serve the most customers and fit into a cogent business plan for AMEX.

That being said, the selfish pick for me is ORD.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
If they plan on keeping a partnership with DL, then I think Atlanta is out. They have avoided Delta Hubs so far.
LGA is a Delta hub with a few brand new Sky Clubs and terminals, and AMEX is launching there. I could see them not doing Atlanta given the large number of Delta clubs but the other hubs seem fair game if they make sense.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott
BOS
ATL
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MPO Gold, Presidents Choice Gourmet Coffee, Flying Blue, Flying Club
Centurion Lounges? Well, if they ever consider expanding a little further out...YYZ and LHR!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Vasco
There (briefly) was an Amex-branded lounge at YYZ, though I can't remember if it was T1 or T3.
There are several Amex-affiliate Plaza Premium lounges at YYZ, with one each in the domestic, transborder and international piers of T1. However, there's just one in T3 located in the domestic wing where CP used to have its Empress Club, and after that CX. It can be used by international-bound travellers but not by transborder flyers. There are Amex logos prominently displayed at the entry of each one and Plats/Centurions are comp with one guest.

As for the future of the Admirals Club, it's been there long before Priority Pass and the Amex program so I don't see it changing. (Remember we Canadians still have the CX MPCGold card through the end of this year so that won't really diminish the numbers of Plats using the lounge.) AA may be flying mainly RJs to/from YYZ (ORD, JFK and LGA) but these have almost all been upgraded to E170s or CR7s with F cabins. There are also at least two flights a day with 738s to/from MIA and LAX, and the new A319s have been put onto the DFW route. AA must see YYZ as a pretty important market by moving new planes onto the route and expanding F seating on its regional services.

Not to mention US will be moving back to T3 and its regional contractor is being re-equipped with E170s. There will be additional PresidentClub members using the lounge by the spring too. So I'd be very surprised if AA closed this lounge down.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 15, 2014 at 3:33 pm
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just speculating but putting 1+1 together...(1) SFO T3 pier E is reopening at the end of this month but there will not be a UC there. However, (+1) there used to be an Admirals Club in this pier before AA relocated which suggests (=2) this may be the location of the next Centurion club since rumours put it in UA territory.

http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/n...fran-on-united

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.