Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

The bloggers are reporting that the Denver city council has approved Amex's request to open a lounge in concourse C:

https://denver.legistar.com/Legislat...tions=&Search=
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by txflyer77
The bloggers are reporting that the Denver city council has approved Amex's request to open a lounge in concourse C:

https://denver.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=3374576&GUID=18B437AB-1E34-4673-B53D-6224586F0E7A&Options=&Search=
FINALLY. While I still wish this was in Concourse B (United Clubs probably nixed that), this is a very welcome addition to DIA. Glad to see it will be the second largest Centurion Lounge in the network after JFK.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TexasTea
FINALLY. While I still wish this was in Concourse B (United Clubs probably nixed that), this is a very welcome addition to DIA. Glad to see it will be the second largest Centurion Lounge in the network after JFK.
IIRC the DEN master plan calls for eventual concourses D and E out past C. Amex may be thinking this puts them in the center of that.

Or it may just be the only space that was available.
m.photog likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Great news!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
IIRC the DEN master plan calls for eventual concourses D and E out past C. Amex may be thinking this puts them in the center of that.

Or it may just be the only space that was available.
Most likely space at this point, only concourse with no lounges or upper mezzanine stores in the above section.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:37 am

Does anyone have guesses as to how long it will take for the Denver lounge to be built?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
Does anyone have guesses as to how long it will take
About a year, based on the amount of time from announcement to opening of the others.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by TexasTea
it takes no time to get to C from B. i'll be using this lounge a ton.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by seacarl
Perhaps they expect to be the contract lounge for Lufthansa, British, and the like. They have plenty of experience in knowing what the contract lounge revenue is as well as Priority Pass admissions. There are a lot of Priority Pass cards floating around the USA.
...and zero in the U.S.

In talking with another lounge company that had lounges outside the US and incorrectly built revenue assumptions on non-US experience, they had a massive let-down once they got to the U.S. in terms of revenue expectations.

In any event, at $20 theyre estimating around 1,300 customers per day. That's absolutely eye-popping. The busiest common use lounge might do 500/day now at Airspace SAN due to its one-of-a-kind Admirals Club agreement that brings in the sort of volume that this lounge wont be able to touch with or without LH/BA bringing in ~100/day. And oh yeah, that SAN lounge also has BA and JL and AXP and AA and is only at ~500...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

I imagine they're banking on two things:

a) Amazon HQ2

b) Increased international service to DEN

c) That service currently has to be in Concourse A, because that's the only concourse with sterile gates that go to CBP

That's why Lufthy isn't colocated with UA at DEN.

LH already has double-daily flights to Germany. There are consistent rumors about KE and EK, plus existing international airlines without lounges at DEN.

But yeah, it's a stretch that a PPL lounge ever makes any sense in DEN.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold

https://denver.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=3374576&GUID=18B437AB-1E34-4673-B53D-6224586F0E7A&Options=&Search=
Just saw this getting reported too. Amen although pain that it's in C since I'm usually on United.

American Express plans leaked for a new Centurion Lounge in Denver airport - Business Insider

Any update on LAX? Only saw rumor after rumor.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Just saw this getting reported too. Amen although pain that it's in C since I'm usually on United.

Not really a pain, B has by far the best offerings for restaurants and has two United clubs, don't know what more you could ask for there. In terms of getting from each terminal its a 2-3 minute train ride each way, I do this numerous times from B to A or C to A.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:01 am

Official Amex release:

American Express Will Open Eleventh Location of The CENTURION® Lounge at Denver International Airport
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

14,000 sqft. Here's to hoping that Amex has made better capacity estimates than in their previous lounges.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
14,000 sqft. Here's to hoping that Amex has made better capacity estimates than in their previous lounges.
How big are the clubs at DFW and Miami for comparison?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.