Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
BOS must be on the list by now. The should be space in B where they can cover UA, AA and others plus connection to C is being built.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:27 am

cfischer sorry I can't find the source citation but I seem to recall someone posting the Port Authority Board meeting documents for the upcoming Chase Sapphire Lounge, which suggested that a Centurion Lounge was a (losing) contender for the space, so Logan is on their radar.

Edit: Found them... the RFI shows that Amex was one of four contenders for the space (pg. 101 - 102)

Last edited by imnotalawyer; Mar 14, 2022 at 6:33 am
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sorry if posted earlier, but read that CL now planned for ATL.
edit: (was in Points, Miles, & Martinis)
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:49 am

kirkwoodj it has a stand-alone thread now. From the early information, it seems like it is going to be an amazing space. It will be the largest Centurion Lounge (25k+ sq. ft.). I've visited two SkyClubs with that sort of footprint (JFK and SLC) and it really is incredible as compared to some of my other experiences (Old pre-security LGA Centurion or the temporary Priority Pass lounges at YYZ lol).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...oming-atl.html
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
kirkwoodj it has a stand-alone thread now. From the early information, it seems like it is going to be an amazing space. It will be the largest Centurion Lounge (25k+ sq. ft.). I've visited two SkyClubs with that sort of footprint (JFK and SLC) and it really is incredible as compared to some of my other experiences (Old pre-security LGA Centurion or the temporary Priority Pass lounges at YYZ lol).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...oming-atl.html
Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:24 pm

I visited the Capital One Lounge at DFW for the first time. It was honestly better than most, if not all, of the Centurion Lounges I've been to. Centurion is better in that you can get a more substantial meal, but C1 has it beat in pretty much every other area - private bathrooms, large open space with windows and high ceilings, soda fountain and better desserts, prayer rooms, etc. Grab and go food is a game changer. I think Centurion is more of a restaurant and C1 is more of a lounge.
esc2476 and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:21 am

m907 that's good feedback.

The upside here is that competition always benefits the consumer. I wouldn't be surprised if we ultimately start to see grab-and-go options added to CLs (which may also serve the dual purpose of easing crowding by enabling folks to grab and go). At least amex is getting some practice with the format at SFO LAX
m907 likes this.

Last edited by imnotalawyer; Mar 22, 2022 at 5:56 am
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:22 pm

I think part of why the C1 lounge felt so much better was the layout. Most CLs, at least the older ones like IAH and LAS, are narrow spaces with the buffet being the center of attention. The C1 lounge was a wide open space with lots of seating and the food was spread out over a large area. It was just more relaxed with less traffic.

I think the CL at DEN is a good layout because it is decentralized and lets you find a quiet space away from the buffet.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
I wouldn't be surprised if we ultimately start to see grab-and-go options added to CLs (which may also serve the dual purpose of easing crowding by enabling folks to grab and go). At least amex is getting some practice with the format at SFO
You mean LAX?
imnotalawyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.