Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by m907
There was a PP lounge announced for MDW in 2019 but it seems to be indefinitely delayed.
I don't see it ever happening since there are no international flights other than a couple flights to I believe Jamaca and Toronto if Porter ever starts pack up and Southwest has most of the flights so not really the Am Ex type crowd.

I would love to see a lounge there though, especially after Delta moves to T5 at ORD.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I don't see it ever happening since there are no international flights other than a couple flights to I believe Jamaca and Toronto if Porter ever starts pack up and Southwest has most of the flights so not really the Am Ex type crowd.

I would love to see a lounge there though, especially after Delta moves to T5 at ORD.
You say that but there are some The Club locations at cities with no international flights like JAX or BUF and in locations where they don't serve any airline's international flights like BWI and CVG. There are also Escape Lounges in airports without international flights including BDL, GSP and PVD so it's entirely possible that MDW would get one of these type of lounges.
mia likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by CMK10
You say that but there are some The Club locations at cities with no international flights like JAX or BUF and in locations where they don't serve any airline's international flights like BWI and CVG. There are also Escape Lounges in airports without international flights including BDL, GSP and PVD so it's entirely possible that MDW would get one of these type of lounges.
Not to nitpick but BDL had service to Dub via Aer Lingus and to Canada via Air Canada pre pandemic
ChurnieEls and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
https://www.ajc.com/news/business/ha...outputType=amp

ATL is getting a Centurion Lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
ATL is getting a Centurion Lounge.
Discussion here: Centurion Lounge coming to ATL
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Ord centurion lounge?

Everywhere seems to have a centurion lounge besides Ord- Will we ever get one?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
As I have theorized multiple times, Amex doesn't hate ORD, there simply is nowhere to put one. At least until the current reconstruction project is done. ORD was busting at the seams 10 years ago. Nothing has changed, and Amex - or any lounge operator - can't create space where there is none.

ORD otherwise ticks basically all the boxes - AA hub, UA hub, mostly connected airside terminals, lots of premium cardholders living and traveling thru (assuming this is true).
lsquare, hhdl and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
As I have theorized multiple times, Amex doesn't hate ORD, there simply is nowhere to put one. At least until the current reconstruction project is done. ORD was busting at the seams 10 years ago. Nothing has changed, and Amex - or any lounge operator - can't create space where there is none.

ORD otherwise ticks basically all the boxes - AA hub, UA hub, mostly connected airside terminals, lots of premium cardholders living and traveling thru (assuming this is true).
If they ever put one at ORD it will have to be absolutely massive. Honestly they probably just need to build two of them.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
If they ever put one at ORD it will have to be absolutely massive. Honestly they probably just need to build two of them.
I personally never thought they'd plan to build one at ATL, but that's in the plans. They'll need three at ATL, but instead it will likely take the crown for most overcrowded in the system.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I personally never thought they'd plan to build one at ATL, but that's in the plans. They'll need three at ATL, but instead it will likely take the crown for most overcrowded in the system.
Agreed, that was definitely a surprise. The one thing I can see helping the crowding there is the available SCs that cardholders can also access. Even then though, I think that place is going to be slammed.
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Everywhere? Seriously? Let's put things in perspective. There are currently 13 domestic Centurion Lounges open (and a few in the works) in the entire United States. AA has 4 Admiral's Clubs... at DFW.

Regards
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Agreed, but they certainly don't have any precedence for doing two clubs at one airport, at least to date. Their MO seems to be "build it too small" to begin with, then its already overcrowded when it opens. Then spend the next couple years trying to figure out how to expand the location or find a different location within the airport (rather than just doing that to begin with). They seem to chronically "skate to where the puck was" rather than where it's going.

Regards
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:41 pm

Agreed, that was definitely a surprise. The one thing I can see helping the crowding there is the available SCs that cardholders can also access. Even then though, I think that place is going to be slammed.
Delta has 60-70% market share at ATL. Since Platinum members can access the Delta clubs, which are in every terminal, I don't think people will feel compelled to crowd the CL.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by m907
Delta has 60-70% market share at ATL. Since Platinum members can access the Delta clubs, which are in every terminal, I don't think people will feel compelled to crowd the CL.
For me, it will depend on the length of my layover. In most instances, I think you’re right-the time it takes to got to a different concourse won’t be worth it (though I did go to B yesterday even though both incoming and outgoing were A). I may have been better off at T because B was so busy.
cmd320 and m907 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

How would Amex deal with an ORD standard that lounges on site be ultimately owned/operated by an airline and/or company with an airline holding under its control?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.