Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge ATL (opened 14 February 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Centurion Lounge ATL (opened 14 February 2024)

https://viewfromthewing.com/atlanta-...turion-lounge/ (Sourcing AJC)

No idea on location, size, or date. However big it is, I guarantee it won't be big enough
HPN-HRL, wrp96, cfabar1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
I’m flying through late July. Think it’ll be ready by then?

SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
On a more serious note, I’m surprised they’re aiming at a Delta hub, but they may also be trying elsewhere and the size of the airport may be too much to ignore Delta or not.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by esc2476
On a more serious note, I’m surprised they’re aiming at a Delta hub, but they may also be trying elsewhere and the size of the airport may be too much to ignore Delta or not.
Gary mentioned something interesting and I agree - these are rolling out to more Delta hubs (or at least select ones) now that you can get Centurion access with the Delta Reserve card. Probably seen as less of a competitor to the Delta lounges with that change.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Gary mentioned something interesting and I agree - these are rolling out to more Delta hubs (or at least select ones) now that you can get Centurion access with the Delta Reserve card. Probably seen as less of a competitor to the Delta lounges with that change.
That's a good point. I am sure Delta appreciates anything to relieve the pressure of the Sky Clubs in Atlanta.
cfabar1 and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I suspect this will open after February 1 2023

Seriously ATL has to have the highest number AMEX Plat and DL AMEX Reserve card holders passing through every day -- the ATL SkyClubs are already at or near capacity depending on time of day, I would expect no different with an ATL Centurion.

I wonder if they are going to take over one of the SkyClubs in "D" that DL is turning back over to the airport when they build their new massive SkyClub in D. Or if AMEX is going to share some of the costs with DL and locate the Centurion across from the new D SkyClub (DL is adding a brand new 3rd floor just for the SkyClub so it's possible they carve out enough space for both).
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by esc2476
This is isn't the first DL hub that Amex has a lounge at. SEA is a much smaller airport than ATL and they even put the Centurion lounge right next to the DL lounge.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Explorer789
This is isn't the first DL hub that Amex has a lounge at. SEA is a much smaller airport than ATL and they even put the Centurion lounge right next to the DL lounge.
I'm pretty sure Delta considers LAX, LGA, and JFK to be hubs...and there also happens to be the Escape lounge in Minneapolis for Amex Plats.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Duke787
I suspect this will open after February 1 2023

Seriously ATL has to have the highest number AMEX Plat and DL AMEX Reserve card holders passing through every day -- the ATL SkyClubs are already at or near capacity depending on time of day, I would expect no different with an ATL Centurion.

I wonder if they are going to take over one of the SkyClubs in "D" that DL is turning back over to the airport when they build their new massive SkyClub in D. Or if AMEX is going to share some of the costs with DL and locate the Centurion across from the new D SkyClub (DL is adding a brand new 3rd floor just for the SkyClub so it's possible they carve out enough space for both).
Yea, I can definitely believe that. I'm not as familiar with ATL, but I think I did ask which SC to go to for the best food shortly before the pandemic. It was jam-packed as in the evening. I do prefer the food at the Centurion Lounge so if the ATL CL is anything as good as the others, I suspect lots of people will go there instead of the SC.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I'm pretty sure Delta considers LAX, LGA, and JFK to be hubs...and there also happens to be the Escape lounge in Minneapolis for Amex Plats.
Yep! I thought the food in there was pretty good and better than the SC! It was definitely quieter since you can't access it with STE+.
worldwidedreamer and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I just hope they make it really really big, I have a feeling it’s going to be a mad house.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
I just hope they make it really really big, I have a feeling it’s going to be a mad house.
It wouldn't hurt to make this the biggest Centurion Lounge in AMEX's network, space permitting!
cmd320, SamirD and cuthroat like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Damn, I'm already on the waitlist to get in.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm wondering about the motivation to build a Centurion lounge in places where most of the users would be equally able to use a DL SC with their AmEx card. Has AmEx decided that it's cheaper to operate their own airport lounge than pay DL lounge access fees? If the Centurion lounge is equally convenient but better, this would incentivize AmEx customers to pick the Centurion lounge.

Previously, it seemed like the Centurion lounge location strategy was to place them in major airports to cover AmEx customers who wouldn't otherwise be eligible to enter an airport lounge based on their AmEx relationship.
cfabar1 and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Damn, I'm already on the waitlist to get in.
I asked at the front desk and the wait is 8,760 hours. How long is your layover?
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.