Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge ATL (opened 14 February 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If we look directly at the Centurion website we see these hours:

This means there is no alcohol before 11:00 on Sundays.

This article confirms that Atlanta has allowed alcohol sales starting at 11:00am on Sundays, previously it was 12:30pm
Thank you. In that case I'll skip it unless I land at and/or depart from E.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
View from the outdoor patio this evening. Bio on the ATL Centurion Executive Chef. It’s been the same menu on 2/18 & 2/19. No passengers with standby tickets are allowed to enter (check in agents received training on this), as you must have a confirmed seat to enter (OK if seat is not assigned). Arrived on 2/18/24 around 3pm ish, and no wait to enter CL. On 2/19/24 despite checking in via the AmEx app upon my inbound flight arrival the displayed “estimate wait time a little busy” (took 10 min from terminal B to E), really meant it was a 30 min wait to enter. This has been an ongoing issue with CL app check in that the AmEx app is not displaying actual real time wait times. Amex has had years to get this fine tuned.

Outdoor Terrance

ATL CL Executive Chef Bio.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:26 am

Looks like it's getting a good amount of traffic, no surprise:
(not my video)

Doesn't look overcrowded (yet) but definitely most seats full.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by jcm55a
Looks like it's getting a good amount of traffic, no surprise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvw8PV-Ztao (not my video)

Doesn't look overcrowded (yet) but definitely most seats full.
I would describe the lounge as at capacity, maybe to the point of being overcrowded, during my visit. I posted my thoughts on the other thread (I think located in the Delta forum). It will still be my go to choice when accessing a lounge at this airport, except maybe if I am in the T or A gates or something similar
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I just left the ATL CL (currently slumming it in the UA lounge) with katycab+1 after two hours and it was wonderful. Definitely my favorite CL thus far. Despite a lot of people being there, it did not feel busy due to the enormous size of the place. The outdoor terraces were wonderful, the food was good and the speakeasy made a great Old Fashioned. I also tried the 'Drink a Peach' cocktail which was pretty good.

I don't fly through ATL much, being a UA peep, but it was one of the first times I have feel relaxed in an airport lounge in a very long time.
rittenhousesq, Adelphos and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was planning to stop by tomorrow, until I saw the hours of operation. It doesn't open until 6, and the sample menu says they don't put out hot food until 6:30 (typical of the CL continental/hot delay). Looks like I'll just stick to the SC since I'll likely have to backtrack from E back to B for my 7:15 flight.

By comparison, DEN opening (and hot food!) and LGA both have a schedule an hour earlier than ATL. Oddly JFK has the same open/food schedule as ATL. I stopped checking other lounges at that point. It's not as if ATL has a shortage of early morning flights, so I find the opening hour a bit curious.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I just left the ATL CL (currently slumming it in the UA lounge) with katycab+1 after two hours and it was wonderful. Definitely my favorite CL thus far. Despite a lot of people being there, it did not feel busy due to the enormous size of the place. The outdoor terraces were wonderful, the food was good and the speakeasy made a great Old Fashioned. I also tried the 'Drink a Peach' cocktail which was pretty good.

I don't fly through ATL much, being a UA peep, but it was one of the first times I have feel relaxed in an airport lounge in a very long time.
Whatever the "newest" CL opened by Amex is always everyone's "favorite." That is, until there are lines out the door, people sitting on the floor inside, significantly "cost optimized" food offerings, etc.

Then it will be off to the next, new, new CL that opens somewhere else with fresh hopes that the experience will be different and that crowding will somehow be "solved" this year.

The beat goes on...

Regards
SamirD and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I was planning to stop by tomorrow, until I saw the hours of operation. It doesn't open until 6, and the sample menu says they don't put out hot food until 6:30 (typical of the CL continental/hot delay). Looks like I'll just stick to the SC since I'll likely have to backtrack from E back to B for my 7:15 flight.
Turns out my flight was going to be out of T, so yeah no, even if I had the time. Importantly, the SC had the hot food and bar open at 5:30. While I usually will say CL food > SC, lounge breakfast food is breakfast food for the most part; the cheesy eggs, sausage weren't noticeably different than what I'd expect from the CL. Especially when it's open, and the other option isn't! I also liked that the SC had bacon bits, cheese, chives and other stuff for the eggs.

I almost never transit ATL at such an ungodly hour, so hope this is a one off, or rarity.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:03 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Thank you for posting! Really great to hear it's still relaxing even if full. Lounging is supposed to be relaxing so it's good to hear that's the experience.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
I have an unusually long layover in Atlanta tomorrow (4 hours - traveling internationally), so I am looking forward to trying this out.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Was there yesterday and it was busy, but not crowded, if that makes sense. As others have said, the space is big and can absorb a lot of people and also make it seem less crowded than it is. | think the high ceilings have something to do with that in addition to things being spaced out more.
SPN Lifer, kirkwoodj and Adelphos like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.