Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 9:43 pm

I know there was some activity/discussion with the Port of Seattle to build a new lounge in the upper level of the central concourse between concourses B and C that would triple the size of the lounge. Perhaps this is going to be the official announcement...
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:48 am

can't wait, so crowded at SFO.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveman518
I know there was some activity/discussion with the Port of Seattle to build a new lounge in the upper level of the central concourse between concourses B and C that would triple the size of the lounge. Perhaps this is going to be the official announcement...
Both the SEA expansion and SFO expansions have already been publicly announced, SEA in June 2020 and SFO in Nov 2020. So call me a bit of a skeptic on the OP re DCA unless there's some backup. Or maybe OP has a better crystal ball than I do.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Both the SEA expansion and SFO expansions have already been publicly announced, SEA in June 2020 and SFO in Nov 2020. So call me a bit of a skeptic on the OP re DCA unless there's some backup. Or maybe OP has a better crystal ball than I do.
To be completely technical AMEX has not announced an SEA expansion-so while a lease authorization from the port has been presented I don't have the expertise in the field to know whether that means it's a done deal or if it's just something from the port that would permit them to offer the lease to AMEX. If there is a SEA announcement coming I would assume it would be for AMEX to announce that it's "official official"
Old Jan 21, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by steveman518
To be completely technical AMEX has not announced an SEA expansion-so while a lease authorization from the port has been presented I don't have the expertise in the field to know whether that means it's a done deal or if it's just something from the port that would permit them to offer the lease to AMEX. If there is a SEA announcement coming I would assume it would be for AMEX to announce that it's "official official"
The move in SEA will definitely happen. With the opening of the new FIS, the A gates that UA currently uses will become international arrival gates and UA will be moving to another part of the airport, perhaps the B concourse. UA will get the space that the CL currently occupies for their Club. So the CL has to move anyway, and its an opportune time to construct a right-sized CL with full kitchen.
krazykanuck and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by seacarl
The move in SEA will definitely happen. With the opening of the new FIS, the A gates that UA currently uses will become international arrival gates and UA will be moving to another part of the airport, perhaps the B concourse.
FIS = International Arrivals Facility (IAF)?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
FIS = International Arrivals Facility (IAF)?
FIS = federal inspection station. Essentially customs and immigration.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
DEN opened on February 1, 2021.

This list should be updated:

"These additional locations are announced, but not yet open:

DEN Denver"

DEN Centurion Lounge opened on February 1, 2021. I visited February 1 and again on February 8.
cmd320 and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Guate87
This list should be updated:
DONE and thank you.
Guate87 and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Pre-announcment discussion of the DCA Centurion Lounge has been moved:

Centurion Lounge coming to DCA (per twitter)
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is there an international location wishlist? If not, I would like to see a Centurion Lounge in cities like Tokyo, Taipei, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Paris, and Toronto. These are all major cities and deserve a little bit of love from AMEX.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:18 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
I feel like Toronto would make sense on paper although the nature of operations there in regards to so many Terminal areas (T1 Domestic/T1 International/T1 Transborder, T3 Domestic/T3 International/T3 Transborder) would probably preclude Amex from opening a lounge at Pearson.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm surprised there isn't one at Heathrow or CDG. LHR would probably be hard because Toronto you have so many terminals and there are already plenty of PP lounges and Virgin's clubhouse is great in T4. I hate the airfrance lounge at CDG for Delta flights, they didn't even have diet coke last time I was there and would love another alternative there.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'd love to see lounges at Baltimore and MDW since there is no PP or Skyclub options at all. Don't see MDW happening since most of the flights are Southwest though.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'd love to see lounges at Baltimore and MDW since there is no PP or Skyclub options at all. Don't see MDW happening since most of the flights are Southwest though.
Baltimore has a PP Lounge - The Club at BWI. (Although, it is tiny.)
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.