Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, CX Green, GHA PLT
Originally Posted by mr27
Flying the CR7 tomorrow from LAX-DEN. I'm aware of the lack of bin space in F but hope
the window view is good from 3A . Will report back.
mr27, would you mind also check 1A and 2A please, Thanks very much !
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mr27
Flying the CR7 tomorrow from LAX-DEN. I'm aware of the lack of bin space in F but hope
the window view is good from 3A . Will report back.
The window is a bit offset to the front, so you'll have to lean forward a bit to look out, but other than that it's a nice step up from the knee-breaking seats a few rows further back.

Was in 3A a few weeks ago on ORD-XNA.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by ELMOBOY
mr27, would you mind also check 1A and 2A please, Thanks very much !
Ok sure, ill check them out .
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by gradboozer
The window is a bit offset to the front, so you'll have to lean forward a bit to look out, but other than that it's a nice step up from the knee-breaking seats a few rows further back.

Was in 3A a few weeks ago on ORD-XNA.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I've flown LAX-DEN many times, always in 1A which is by far my favorite seat when alone. While it's close to the galley, it's not a sleeping flight for me, and the view of the Rockies has always been spectacular. Never had a problem stowing my carry-on. And the attention from the FA has always been excellent.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by zpaul
I've flown LAX-DEN many times, always in 1A which is by far my favorite seat when alone. While it's close to the galley, it's not a sleeping flight for me, and the view of the Rockies has always been spectacular. Never had a problem stowing my carry-on. And the attention from the FA has always been excellent.
The few times I've flown on the CR7, the services from the FAs in F was always excellent.

Eagle really has a lot of fantastic FAs.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by zpaul
Good to hear stowing my carry on may not be so tough ^. I was able to snag 1A for the
return leg and always enjoy those views.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by nall
The few times I've flown on the CR7, the services from the FAs in F was always excellent.

Eagle really has a lot of fantastic FAs.
This was so true for me this weekend. All FA's I encountered and flight crews were great ^.
They addressed pax by name, and thanked all F pax for flying with Eagle. The dinner
choices on DEN-LAX were the chicken salad or roast beef sandwich. Went with the
salad which I thought was ok. Otherwise, I enjoyed seat 3A over 1A since the legroom
is more generous. Though 2A,C,D look like good options too. The only advantage I saw
with row 1 is your served first. This was the case on my flights as both FA's served front
to back. Quite impressed with this RJ and look forward to flying it more. Just not crazy
about the remote terminal at LAX. Kind of reminds me of some DMV waiting rooms .

Last edited by mr27; Jul 14, 2013 at 5:32 pm
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
ExpertFlyer shows 5 C/D and 6 C/D to be blocked, and it seems that way on my flights with CRJs. Are they blocked, and if so, how to assign them?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
i know 5C/D do tend to be blocked but open up around 24 hours before flight time. i always keep an eye on it and have been able to switch successfully via AA.com. my personal favorite seat in coach on this plane is 5B.....you can stretch your legs for miles it seems like.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Seats on CR7

I've got my first flight on an Eagle CR7 in a few days, and have the option of choosing an exit row, or row six- bulkhead is unavailable. Seatguru seams to give the exit row a mixed review- any advice as to which is better? Segment is brief- JFK-YYZ, but I'd like to grab the better seat of the two.

Thanks for any tips!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by ACA321
I've got my first flight on an Eagle CR7 in a few days, and have the option of choosing an exit row, or row six- bulkhead is unavailable. Seatguru seams to give the exit row a mixed review- any advice as to which is better? Segment is brief- JFK-YYZ, but I'd like to grab the better seat of the two.

Thanks for any tips!
Exits typically have reduced padding, which I don't like, so I'd just take row 6 to get off the plane faster.

Check in at T-24 and hope for a bulkhead aisle (to clarify, this is a separate comment from above and I'm referring to row 5 - I know 5B has good legroom, and I believe the other aisle does too), which has practically unlimited leg room on the CRJ700.

Last edited by tylerdurden4543; Mar 30, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Isn't row 5 the bulkhead and doesn't 5B (but not 5C) have the unlimited legroom?

More info here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:05 pm

Bulkhead in Y

Haven't seen any posts about row 5, and Seatguru just says "may have extra legroom"--anyone have experience with the bulkhead in Y, as compared to the exit row? Currently only 5A is available.

Edit: and just saw the posts above mine (didn't show up in a search for "bulkhead"). Still glad to get anyone else's feedback.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:08 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Haven't seen any posts about row 5, and Seatguru just says "may have extra legroom"--anyone have experience with the bulkhead in Y, as compared to the exit row? Currently only 5A is available.

Edit: and just saw the posts above mine (didn't show up in a search for "bulkhead"). Still glad to get anyone else's feedback.
vastly superior to any other Y seats. There is not a wall between F and Y, just a curtain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.