Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Eagle will also offer new service to a number of cities, and customer service will be enhanced as Eagle deploys most of its 25 CRJ-700 aircraft - which will be reconfigured to offer a competitive First Class cabin - in the Chicago market.
Wow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

See also the Wiki Planes and Seats page for general information.

12/4/09 - MAH4546 has now reported that the new configuration will be 9F/54Y for refurbished CR7s and 9F/56Y for new CR7s, expected to rollout beginning Apr 2010 - Post #41

3/28/10 - mattinNYC has posted some information on what service to expect in the F cabin - Post #139

4/7/10 - The first converted CRJ (N511AE) is now flying (but not yet in passenger service) - Post #154

4/19/10 - Photos of the new F cabin have been posted - Post #171

4/20/10 - aeo has posted our first report on service in the new CRJ configuration - Post #177

4/23/10 - Information on modified meal service in the converted CRJ has been posted - Post #180

4/26/10 - saprissa13 has posted our second report on the new CRJ configuration - Post #182

4/26/10 - CredenzaQ reports that the F cabin has small overhead bins - Post #184

4/28/10 - For discussion of the seat selection policy for the F cabin during rollout (no longer valid now that rollout is complete), start here - Post #191

5/12/10 - FFMilesJunkie has posted another report on the new CRJ configuration - Post #236

5/18/10 - mattinNYC has posted information on meal service options in the F cabin - Post #247

6/4/10 - 869 has posted another report on the new CRJ configuration - Post #270

6/4/10 - AA has now posted official photos of the new CRJ F cabin: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3615919...7624203442148/

6/10/10 - Hotel_junkie has posted that the overhead bin above seat 1A is locked and not available, while the overhead bins on the CD side may be slightly larger - Post #296

6/22/10 - GotAround has posted another report on the new CRJ configuration - Post #304

1/10/11 - smlsml has posted another report on the new CRJ configuration - Post #373

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jan 14, 2011 at 3:13 pm Reason: updated key posts
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
For ORD based fliers, there is a lot of good news in the appearent retrenchment of the hub. It looks like they plan to fill up the L concourse after DL moves. FC on the CRJs is especially surprising and welcome!
I am glad they will add the FC to CRJ at ORD. United has had it for a while, this will keep AA competitive (and maybe get me a decent seat when I have to fly Eagle).
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Eagle will also offer new service to a number of cities, and customer service will be enhanced as Eagle deploys most of its 25 CRJ-700 aircraft - which will be reconfigured to offer a competitive First Class cabin - in the Chicago market.

Wasn't there some discussion/speculation that in order to gain access to this cabin elites (including EXPs) would have to burn stickers AND pay something in addition? (i.e. a "premium" sticker upgrade?)

I seem to remember that it came up back when the idea of F on Eagle was first floated a couple of years ago.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wasn't there some discussion/speculation that in order to gain access to this cabin elites (including EXPs) would have to burn stickers AND pay something in addition? (i.e. a "premium" sticker upgrade?)

I seem to remember that it came up back when the idea of F on Eagle was first floated a couple of years ago.
As the person who posted that was originally the plan a couple of years ago, I believe that is no longer on the table but I will check.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by ESpen36

Hmm, to pay for F on Eagle. For a short flight with just a beverage service would it be worth it. Most of my Eagle flights are to DCA and BOS and are just over an hour. Although at JFK if you are stuck on the runway for two hours....
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Hmm, to pay for F on Eagle. For a short flight with just a beverage service would it be worth it. Most of my Eagle flights are to DCA and BOS and are just over an hour. Although at JFK if you are stuck on the runway for two hours....
Remember that F is only going in on the CR7s which mainly fly out of ORD and are now flying some of the flights to major cities such as PHL, RDU and IAH. These flights are certainly worth the upgrade (nothing is indicating anything other than the normal upgrade rules will apply). Meal service will be cold but its more the comfort over CR7 Y which is key here. And the free drinks of course.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:24 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

New F Cabin on CR7

2 rows of 1x2?

Also, did the pilots' union have to agree to add F to Eagle and to the expansion of the CR7 fleet?

Last edited by dayone; Sep 17, 2009 at 11:38 am Reason: Additional question.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
First Class coming to certain CRJ-700 routes!

Anyone else notice this part of the announcement?
Cool beans!

In addition to the schedule changes above, American Eagle will roll out First Class service to its fleet of 25 Bombardier CRJ700 regional jets beginning in mid-2010. American Eagle has also signed a letter of intent with Bombardier, Inc. to exercise options for the purchase of 22 additional CRJ700 aircraft for delivery beginning in mid-2010.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Some interior pics of one with what is described as J seats.

http://crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/int...d=en&crjId=700

Last edited by Gamecock; Sep 18, 2009 at 2:53 pm
Old Sep 18, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
First this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...idcon-now.html and now F on CRJ! Santa has answered all the FT travellers wishes.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Some interior pics of one with is described as J seats.

http://crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/int...d=en&crjId=700

thank you for the link!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
which routes are served by these planes?

Just curious, if anyone has the aa routemap memorized... One would presume the 'long-haul' flights make most sense...but perhaps given DL introduction of FC on their regional BOS-DCA service, AA will step up. (I found the FC DCA-BOS flight on DL surprisingly pleasant ,they even stock sparkling wine, but for the frequency might even prefer it to US).
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:27 pm

ORD-RDU and STL-RDU for e.g. It would be a nice addition to get FC on these routes.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
For purely selfish reasons I would love to see ORD-CLT or DFW-CAE.

Originally Posted by vrbaba
ORD-RDU and STL-RDU for e.g. It would be a nice addition to get FC on these routes.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Are they putting in a F lav like the other CRJ-700 operators?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.