Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Haven't seen any posts about row 5, and Seatguru just says "may have extra legroom"--anyone have experience with the bulkhead in Y, as compared to the exit row? Currently only 5A is available.

Edit: and just saw the posts above mine (didn't show up in a search for "bulkhead"). Still glad to get anyone else's feedback.
In my experience, 5A and 5B are bookable ahead of time if you have status, but 5C and 5D are blocked until 24 hours before departure. I prefer C/D as I can place my computer bag under the 3C/D first class seats; if you sit in 5B you do have vast legroom but no underseat storage due to the single A column of first class seats in front of you.

In any case, in my opinion Row 5 on the CR7 is the next best thing to first class. I don't even bother with the exit row.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the insight- I'll stick with row 6.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Same here with row 5
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Row 5 will be available for assignment about 24 hours or so before departure. Take row 5 when it opens.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Row 5 will be available for assignment about 24 hours or so before departure. Take row 5 when it opens.
5C/D is indeed blocked until T-24, but 5A/B can be selected. I'd still randomly check every now and then to see if these seats open up as elites get upgraded.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
vastly superior to any other Y seats. There is not a wall between F and Y, just a curtain.
Originally Posted by ord_is_home
In my experience, 5A and 5B are bookable ahead of time if you have status, but 5C and 5D are blocked until 24 hours before departure. I prefer C/D as I can place my computer bag under the 3C/D first class seats; if you sit in 5B you do have vast legroom but no underseat storage due to the single A column of first class seats in front of you.

In any case, in my opinion Row 5 on the CR7 is the next best thing to first class. I don't even bother with the exit row.
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Same here with row 5
Much appreciated. Will be looking at the T-24 mark.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
CRJ-700 / CR7 Wifi [to be completed Mar 2016]

I have been on plenty of the E-175's with wifi installed and it is truly great. I know AA is rolling this out on all their two-class RJ's. Has anyone been on a CR7 with it installed yet? To be clear, I am talking about the pmAA CR7's, (currently) operated by Envoy Air.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond
Originally Posted by akarneboge
I have been on plenty of the E-175's with wifi installed and it is truly great. I know AA is rolling this out on all their two-class RJ's. Has anyone been on a CR7 with it installed yet? To be clear, I am talking about the pmAA CR7's, (currently) operated by Envoy Air.
Bumping this up because I noted in the IFE magazine the asterisk next to the CR7 that some have wifi.

I tweeted AA about it today, at first they were confused and said that the CR7 didn't have wifi. Then I sent them a screenshot and they looked into it more. Sounds like 6 have it installed YTD and they are expecting to be at 100% by March 2016.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Great....about time!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
CRJ-700 / CR7 Wifi [to be completed Mar 2016]

I was on a CRJ-700 US flight from CLT-LIT Sunday that was logo'd AA equipment. An hour out from landing I figured out it had wifi. No indication inside so looks like trying is the best way to figure it out.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the info! I'll keep my eye out and post here...going to be on a CR7 ORD -> ABQ in a couple weeks.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by JMN57
I was on a CRJ-700 US flight from CLT-LIT Sunday that was logo'd AA equipment. An hour out from landing I figured out it had wifi. No indication inside so looks like trying is the best way to figure it out.
Did you happen to catch the registration? I'd assume this wasn't a pmAA/pmEnvoy CR7 if it flew from CLT.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:39 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
2016 Involuntary Reroute and Original Routing Credit (ORC) (consolidated)

Welcome to our 2016 Involuntary Reroute / ORC thread. Please see the wiki above for more information. Thanks! /AA Moderators

(For reference, last year's thread may be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html)
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:45 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Due to a delay, I would have misconnected MKE-ORD-YYZ. I was rerouted on AC nonstop. It was more convenient, except for the 3 hour wait, plus an additional hour delay. I called AAdv CS, and quickly received original routing credit.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Smile

I was invol LHR-DFW and DFW-LAS, used the language in the wiki, was no problem. Had to call in again as one of the legs was not properly credited for EQM @ 1.5 but the agent did some quick research and all was good, everything sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.