Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
If they are taking the time to redo the seat colors why not harmonize to be 9F like the rest of the CR7s?
Because if they are old (as SkyWest ones would be) they could very likely not have the proper seat rails in the floor to do the 3rd row. And you never want to voluntarily open up an airplane to do work. You wont like what you find, and once you find it you are legally required to fix it.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I would hope that eventually they will find a way to differentiate between the two in the GDS. Until that point, it would seem to me that they'll always clear F seats 7 through 9 only once they know what kind of CR7 they actually really have. So either at the gate or while the inbound is in the air.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I would hope that eventually they will find a way to differentiate between the two in the GDS. Until that point, it would seem to me that they'll always clear F seats 7 through 9 only once they know what kind of CR7 they actually really have. So either at the gate or while the inbound is in the air.
the differentiation will be with the operating carrier for the flight
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:38 pm

All SkyWest 700s are 6f none of the envoy/psa ones are. Pretty simple.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by saxman66
The Skywest 700's are going to places like SLC, IAH, BWI, SAT, ORF, and SYR. About 30 are on the way that are being transferred from United paint to AA paint. The seats are the same slim line seats United had but being refurbished to AA type colors. I guess the row numbering system is still old UA as well.
Are these seats more inferior to normal CR7 seats? Any idea which are the better seats?

I can't find a seat map on Seat Guru to match this - Row 8 is the first row of coach, row 18 is the emergency exit. I hat those slim line seats.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:38 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by beachfan
Are these seats more inferior to normal CR7 seats? Any idea which are the better seats?

I can't find a seat map on Seat Guru to match this - Row 8 is the first row of coach, row 18 is the emergency exit. I hat those slim line seats.
Definitely - those slim line seats are rock hard (no headrests) at the head making resting very uncomfortable. Seat back is horrible too with no padding. I never liked them when I was 1K and definitely will not like them with AA.

Last edited by golfingboy; Jan 11, 2019 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beachfan

This one is probably pretty close:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...r_CRJ700_D.php
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Anyone know if the row 8 (bulkhead) has a hard bulkhead or just a curtain? I need to extend my legs and am contemplating the window seat. Thanks-
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by masonp123
Anyone know if the row 8 (bulkhead) has a hard bulkhead or just a curtain? I need to extend my legs and am contemplating the window seat. Thanks-
Not a hard bulkhead......

Make sure you take the window, as the aisle seat gets bumped. Constantly.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Originally Posted by jcatman
Not a hard bulkhead......

Make sure you take the window, as the aisle seat gets bumped. Constantly.
Thanks much!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
CRJ7

Please help me remember. The first leg of an upcoming award is on a CRJ7. Seat is 3A. Does that side of the plane have overhead storage? Also, years ago there was a timetable which could be downloaded. Any chance that it may return? Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Because if they are old (as SkyWest ones would be) they could very likely not have the proper seat rails in the floor to do the 3rd row. And you never want to voluntarily open up an airplane to do work. You wont like what you find, and once you find it you are legally required to fix it.
That could be true. One thing I can say, however, is the left (facing forward) side of the aircraft with the smaller overhead bins in first to accommodate the 1-seat side has the very small overhead bins extending well into coach (to accommodate another row like the Envoy/PSA CR7's).

I'll have to look at the seat rails on my next flight to DTW on one.

One way or another, though, there is a 0% chance that these will ever get 9F. They're already CIP'ed with new seat covers in F and Y and the #newAmerican carpet. They're here to stay at 6F.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HHonors Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JBGL
Please help me remember. The first leg of an upcoming award is on a CRJ7. Seat is 3A. Does that side of the plane have overhead storage? Also, years ago there was a timetable which could be downloaded. Any chance that it may return? Thanks.
You'd be lucky to get a lunch tote to fit in the overhead on the left side above your seat, 3A. Storage, as such, is on the right hand side where there are two seats.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
Thank you. That's what I thought I remembered. Good to know.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
OK, which seat is best? 12, 9, 12, 15, 14, 18, 16, 21, 21...?

Last edited by CPRich; Jul 27, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.