Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
I'm going on a CRJ7 in F for the first time in a couple of weeks. Are the window seats cramped compared to the aisle seat or are they alright?
The A (single-seat) side is best for a solo person, but the window seats on the two-seat side are also fine. My tip is to avoid the first row since it has less legroom.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by FWAAA
If your flight is on a CR7 (CRJ-700), then it will be two-class.

If it's a CRJ (CRJ-200) operated by Skywest, then it's a single-class Canadian Torture Tube.
An hour flight on the torture tube is only moderate torture. I was pleasantly surprised with a CRJ 700 on ABQ to ORD yesterday afternoon. The problem is that the aircraft is not consistent on routes with only a few flights a day.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by CMK10
I saw there's at last one CR7 coming back to RDU-LGA this summer ^
Yep - I've already made sure to schedule my flights around the CR7. It's only just over an hour, but I'd much rather be in F than cramped in an ERJ.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm taking this plane DEN-ORD-DEN in Y this weekend. Will I be able to bring on a bi-fold garment bag? Will I be able to gate-check it? Or do I have to check it in at the counter?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:38 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I'm taking this plane DEN-ORD-DEN in Y this weekend. Will I be able to bring on a bi-fold garment bag? Will I be able to gate-check it? Or do I have to check it in at the counter?

Thanks in advance.
You can bring it with you, but depending on the size, you may need to valet gate check it as you board. You will pick up the bag on the jetway as you deplane.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Saw a CRJ at DFW for the first time in a long time on Friday. What routes are they using them? I had flown on them a few times DFW-CLE before. But this was before they put F seats in them.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:34 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Saw a CRJ at DFW for the first time in a long time on Friday. What routes are they using them? I had flown on them a few times DFW-CLE before. But this was before they put F seats in them.
DFW-ASE (Aspen, CO)
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
I'm flying LAX-SJC and SMF-LAX in a couple weeks. I was surprised to see CRJ's that do not appear to have the first class cabin. I remember back in the day they didn't have first class, but then I thought all of them got it. I haven't seen a CRJ without First class in years. With the new paint scheme, are they reconfiguring to all economy again?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BrianV
I'm flying LAX-SJC and SMF-LAX in a couple weeks. I was surprised to see CRJ's that do not appear to have the first class cabin. I remember back in the day they didn't have first class, but then I thought all of them got it. I haven't seen a CRJ without First class in years. With the new paint scheme, are they reconfiguring to all economy again?
Only the CRJ-700 has F. The CRJ-200 is all Y.

AA is not reconfiguring back to all Y as far as I know (or have read anywhere)
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by BrianV
The CR2s have been operating some routes from LAX and DFW.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...te-2012-a.html
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
The CRJs operating out of DFW do not have F.

Wikipedia actually has a list of all the places they fly:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyWest...s_destinations
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Thanks guys, I guess I've only come across CR7s in my days and thought it was the only CRJ operated by AA. Thanks for the Skywest explanation.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I second the thanks. Back when I flew an Eagle CRJ, I was under the impression that Eagle only operated one type of CRJ. Then, at some point, CRJs went away from DFW completely, so I kinda stopped pay attention to them. I figured that they continued to operate just one type and at some point, they got F seats. Didn't know they had been operating two types.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
The 200's out of DFW are operated by ExpressJet and as previously mentioned don't have First.

The only 700 goes to Aspen and does have First.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:03 am

Flying the CR7 tomorrow from LAX-DEN. I'm aware of the lack of bin space in F but hope
the window view is good from 3A . Will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.