Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: US Airways, American Airlines, United
Cancelled Flight

My wife and I are both Platinum. We booked a trip from DCA to EYW for the long MLK weekend. After scheduling the flights back in the Fall, we had our return flight at 3:25 pm out of EYW on Monday cancelled about 6 weeks ago. I rescheduled for a 1:05 flight. I was disappointed because every hour counts when you are in warm weather for a short weekend but that's life. So we left on a flight from DCA to Miami at 6 am on Saturday January 16. MIA was fogged in so we circled and the crew was discussing the possibility that we might land in FLL or Sarasota. The fog cleared so we landed in MIA and as soon as the wheels hit the ground, I called American about the MIA to EYW connection. I was told that it was delayed so we would have time to make that flight. We go to the gate and are informed that it has been cancelled. Back on the phone with American I am told we can get on a 6:22 pm flight leaving about 9 hours to room MIA. I inquired about any other alternatives. The agent told me that there was an 11 am flight that one of us could be booked on. He suggested we go to the gate to see about stand by. We get to the gate and that agent advises that one of us can get on but that there are 5 people on stand by ahead of us. I ask the gate agent if it makes a difference if you have elite status and he said no that I would be person number 6. I have been told that this advice was not correct. I urged my wife to get on the flight and that I would see her later but she stayed with me.

In any event, we rented a car and paid about $150. I would like to get the miles for the cancelled segment including elite miles. Is there a phone number I can call or do I have to send the email?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:53 pm

Just to follow up. This is the type of issue that I used to be able to resolve by calling US Airways. When I called American, I was told that I would have to send an email or letter. I am just trying to see if I can streamline the process.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:18 pm

My situation does not really fit into this thread since I did not miss my connection and was not rerouted on another airline. My flight was cancelled and instead of waiting nine hours in MIA, I rented a car to get to Key West. I would like to get mileage credit for a flight that was cancelled. I sent an email to American. It does not seem that the employee read my story very carefully. She thinks I was seeking a refund for the unflown segment when I was seeking mileage credit. She forwarded my email to Passenger Refunds.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Had an interesting situation last weekend.

On Sunday night I was flying GRR-DFW-DEN. Before boarding the GA called up "all elite members." Told us the pilot called, said there as a mx issue, flight would be delayed and if people were connecting they would probably be SOL, and to head across the aisle to the ORD flight that was boarding that minute (but only allowed elites to go over).

Got rebooked GRR-ORD-DEN. Now, I would have instantly claimed ORC afterwards, but I got rebooked in Y and ended up getting about an extra 300 EQMs (at the expense of 300 RDMs).

As we were getting our tickets exchanged at the gate for ORD, three business people were pretty upset talking with one of the ground crew. Ground crew guy said "Yeah, there's no way it's going out..."

So got on the flight and left.

The GRR-DFW flight left 7 minutes late. I didn't end up claiming ORC, since I got an extra 300ish EQMs. But the whole situation was...weird. It also happened fast. Part of me couldn't help but wonder if there was a conspiracy theory that they needed some elites off (from a crj 900 to a 145) and didn't want to offer VDBs.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by pkr529
My situation does not really fit into this thread since I did not miss my connection and was not rerouted on another airline. My flight was cancelled and instead of waiting nine hours in MIA, I rented a car to get to Key West. I would like to get mileage credit for a flight that was cancelled. I sent an email to American. It does not seem that the employee read my story very carefully. She thinks I was seeking a refund for the unflown segment when I was seeking mileage credit. She forwarded my email to Passenger Refunds.
The magic words in IROP/reroute situation is "ORC - original routing credit".
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:34 am

CRJ 700 seating

Hi everyone,
I am a nervous flyer (on his way to getting better ;-)) and am supposed to fly an AA crj 700 soon. I need a window seat to glance through from time to time and am willing to pay a couple of bucks to secure it and save the stress of taking my shot during online checkin.
On the map of my plane I see that rows 10, 11 and 12 have a window seat available for purchase (9$). Could anyone flying this aircraft have a look at these seats and warn me of which row has misaligned window ? I like window that are not half blocked by the seat in front or my own, I need the plain view of a well aligned window. Or anybody recalls any of previous flights ?

Thank you !
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame...dair_CRJ70.php

Check out SeatGuru and pick the version that corresponds to the seat map for your flight. SeatGuru is pretty good at noting where there may be misaligned windows.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:58 am

Seat Guru, which isn't always right, doesn't indicate any misaligned windows on any of the 3 CRJ-700 versions that Eagle carriers fly.

Someone that flies these more often might have a better idea. Which seat map below matches the one on the flight you are taking?

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/American_Airlines/American_Airlines_Canadair_CRJ70.php

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame...CRJ-700_V2.php
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame..._CRJ700_V3.php

-Reece
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by reecesavage
Seat Guru, which isn't always right, doesn't indicate any misaligned windows on any of the 3 CRJ-700 versions that Eagle carriers fly.
Someone that flies these more often might have a better idea. Which seat map below matches the one on the flight you are taking?
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame..._CRJ700_V3.php
-Reece

It is V3. First 3 rows are for First (one side being with only one seat), economy starts right after, with number 8 and two seats on each side. Thanx
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:50 pm

I sent my message and then followed up with the magic words. It seems that AA treats you different if your flight is cancelled and you do not reroute on another airline. They rejected my request for the 500 mile segment and have sent it off to another department to see if I can get a refund for that cancelled segment.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Last Thursday I was to fly SFO-LAX-JFK-CLT-SJO in paid albit discount F/J. Around midnight Weds/Thurs seeing news reports of freezing rain forecast for CLT and the posting of travel waiver, I called AA to rebook myself to SJO. (Most of AA's flights go from CLT, fewer from MIA,) I was fortunate that there was one F seat SFO-MIA and one J MIA-SJO left on the Thurs red eye and the first morning flight to SJO. There was no way I could get from JFK to MIA Friday in any class that would give me a same-day connection to SJO, so I gave up the Flagship J LAX-JFK flight for the routing change. (Actually I had used my last Feb2016 expiring SWU to upgrade to F.)

So my situation could be considered a voluntary/involuntary rerouting.

I'd like to claim the original routing mileage, and though it would only give me another 600 EQMs it would give me at least 11K RDMs since there's a 12K bonus on the Flagship transcon, but only 1K on the SFO-MIA transcon.
Given the circumstances of this past week's weather, would my situation be judged more leniently for the original mileage and bonuses?

UPDATE: Received my original routing plus all the elite premium fare bonuses so I guess AA agreed this was a legitimate voluntary/involuntary rerouting. Used the aa.com site customer service email form after I posted this last night. Had a call from AA this afternoon and miles now in my account.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 27, 2016 at 10:09 pm
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:25 pm

CR7 on SkyWest as American Eagle SAN-LAX

I have an itinerary for November on which a handful of the flights were tweaked by a schedule change last weekend. My early evening SAN-LAX hop, connecting to AA73 LAX-SYD, went from a Compass E75 to a SkyWest CR7. I'm EXP, so we had two MCE seats on the E75 (8C-8D) and intended to upgrade to F subject to an SWU on the transPac clearing.

We're still in 8C and 8D but I can't see a seat map, and SkyWest's website only shows one-class CR2s for AA (they have CR7s for UA, DL, AS). ExpertFlyer is very confused and thinks it's a 767 for some reason.

Will this self-correct? Will I eventually be able to see a seat map and select flights? Can I rely on a SAN-LAX on SkyWest actually being a CR7 (or at least something bigger than a CR2) and having an F cabin?

It's AA2989, 11/27. (The dates will probably move back several weeks. We locked in the trip so I could waitlist the SWU for SYD-LAX-MIA flights at the 330-day forward booking window.)
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Invol re-route from CX to non-OW partner

Do I have any recourse for flights that were booked on CX, credited to AA, where we were re-routed on SQ? We were flying MLE-HKG and they delayed the flight from a red eye to the next morning. At the airport, CX re-routed us MLE-SIN-HKG on SQ. Just spoke to AAdvantage CS to get the original routing credited but they insisted that they are not able to credit the miles and that if they attempted to credit them, CX would have to verify and they would reject it since we weren't on the flight. Is this correct? A real shame to lose the miles/EQMs here (we were in paid biz).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EP
I can't see why AA would have you ORC. They aren't involved in the transaction/flights etc. They are just the organization that would be paid for the miles by CX. Take it up with CX and see if they will authorize a credit to AA. But AA is completely right here to deny you ORC. I am actually surprised that you would have gone down the AA route expecting them to eat the miles (cost wise).
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Minimum EQM for ExPlat, ORC Procedure and Cenceled Segments

My Personal Week of "Planes, Trains & Automobiles"

I'm terribly confused. Flying on a paid P ticket MCO-CLT-CHS-CLT-MEM-CLT-MCO, the MEM portion ended up canceled (WX claim), so I'm now in MCO with a total EQM of 1436 miles. That's the result of one flight of 468 miles in F, and one flight of 168 miles where I was downgraded to E on CHS-CLT due to scheduling problems based on the WX. The CLT-CHS in F didn't post, so no point of comparison there yet.

I received 1,000 EQPs in the old system for premium cabin minimums with last year's bonus plan, and the new rules say double EQMs instead of double EQPs. I'm pretty good with numbers, but I still can't calculate anything sensible out of the 1436 EQM currently posted other than 468 x 2 = 936, and 500 for the Y flight at 500. If the Y flight earned 500, the F flight should have earned 1,000. Right?

CLT was a nightmare last night (2/15), and there were a lot of WX. The flight I had boarded, however, was actually delayed by the baggage crew dragging their feet loading the cargo hold. This caused the crew to time out. AA blamed the weather, so I had to pay for my own accommodations, transportation, and food.

Additionally, AA wouldn't switch me to a flight to MCO, saying I had flown too many segments to qualify for "Trip in vein." Still, I missed my meeting in MEM, so no point in going, but I was going to do it to avoid paying for yet another ticket to MCO.

When I arrived at CLT today, my entire itinerary had been canceled somehow. They then magically booked me to MCO, but looked at me as though I were from Mars when I asked how to go about requesting credit for the missed MEM segments.

What I want: An adjustment to the ticket price for losing out on MEM. Some credit for the much-more-expensive hotels I had to book in CLT and MCO due to the late changes and finally, original routing credit.

They can't make me whole again for this fiasco, nor do I expect them to. I'm just not sure how to go about getting a reasonable resolution, as I wouldn't be here at all if it weren't for the important meeting in MEM that I missed as a result.

The AA portion of this trip alone cost me about $1100. I live in MDE, and I flew into MCO on CM at a cost of about $650 additional. The two nights in last-minute hotel bookings in crowded cities cost me over $600 + room service of about $100.

Things happen. Weather happens. Every agent truly did their individual best to assist me. I understand that there are risks involved in trying to coordinate meetings in various locations dependent on air travel in February.

The combination of stuff, however, will never fit in an AA Customer Service email with the character limits on their website. I'm not sure where to begin with a twitter attempt at resolution, as there are so many unrelated factors involved.

I can usually give good advice on stuff like this, but I'm not sure where to begin. Thought perhaps I might find an opinion or two based on experience here. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.