Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Does AA still have some Skywest CR7s flying around with only 6F? I’ve noticed all of my upcoming Skywest CR7s are 9F now. Hopefully they’ve standardized them all by now.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:42 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Does AA still have some Skywest CR7s flying around with only 6F? I’ve noticed all of my upcoming Skywest CR7s are 9F now. Hopefully they’ve standardized them all by now.
They still do
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
My Skywest CR7 today just got swapped from a 9F to a 6F configuration and row 3 totally just got the shaft (I’m in row 1 so unaffected).

you'd think AA would book these planes to 6F and do the last 3 upgrades at the gate or just standardize the whole fleet to 9F for commonality like they are so eager to do with Oasis and the mainline fleet - guess not though.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
My Skywest CR7 today just got swapped from a 9F to a 6F configuration and row 3 totally just got the shaft (I’m in row 1 so unaffected).

you'd think AA would book these planes to 6F and do the last 3 upgrades at the gate or just standardize the whole fleet to 9F for commonality like they are so eager to do with Oasis and the mainline fleet - guess not though.
For LAX or PHX Skywest CRJ700 flights they leave it as 6F until hours before departure. But then again we dont see many 9F 700s out west.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:58 am

Well, having been just screwed on a aawasis 737 swap to a non-aawaysis 737, row 10 was a MCE, turned into a non-MCE without a window, it's not great on the mainline either. Then again on the flight out on a CRJ700, it was a 9F to 6F swap, and the seat numbers also changed, so again MCE to crap seat. Fortunately, exit row was still open, so I managed to get one of them. For the life of me I don't understand how they manage to screw this up so bad all the time. If you were in the 3 rows of MCE, you stay in the new numbered 3 rows, how hard is it really?
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Almost everything (if not everything) from PHX and LAX is 6F
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
I am on one now from ORD. It was scheduled as 9F, but switched about 4 hours prior to departure based on the actual plane assigned
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joepercussion1

I am on one now from ORD. It was scheduled as 9F, but switched about 4 hours prior to departure based on the actual plane assigned
Yep my CR7 was out of ORD
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:38 am
Suspended

Landed at ORD to get a VM from AA telling me I've been moved from 1A on the CR7 to coach with no seat assignment, and a $300 voucher proactively offered and already in my inbox. At the AC I ask to at least get my original paid MCE seat assignment back (since they're so liberal about moving people around) but they won't budge. Now in one of the last rows.....UGH.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Landed at ORD to get a VM from AA telling me I've been moved from 1A on the CR7 to coach with no seat assignment, and a $300 voucher proactively offered and already in my inbox. At the AC I ask to at least get my original paid MCE seat assignment back (since they're so liberal about moving people around) but they won't budge. Now in one of the last rows.....UGH.
I didn’t do quite as bad. I was in the same boat and moved to the first row of MCE, which has much more legroom than F.

What route were you on that they offered $300?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joepercussion1

I didn’t do quite as bad. I was in the same boat and moved to the first row of MCE, which has much more legroom than F.

What route were you on that they offered $300?
ORD-DTW
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
ORD-DTW
I think that's the standard domestic voucher. I got the same $300 for each of SFO-DFW (when they took away my confirmed sticker upgrade) and DCA-SDF (equipment swap from CR9 to CR2). And there are reports around here of similar stories getting $300 vouchers.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
From what I've seen, PHX and LAX are primarily 6F. DFW and CLT are primarily 9F. And ORD is a mix of both.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:38 am
Suspended

Why don’t they standardize them to one version either way?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:41 am
Suspended

On a Skywest CR7 right now with 9FC and there are power outlets at my seat in 1A....exciting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.