Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Just in case my upgrade doesn't clear I will try to get into row 5 on the day of the flight. Which row 5 seat is the best for legroom? I am guessing 5B or 5C? Any difference?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by phlashba
Just in case my upgrade doesn't clear I will try to get into row 5 on the day of the flight. Which row 5 seat is the best for legroom? I am guessing 5B or 5C? Any difference?
5B has nothing in front of it.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by sts603
5B has nothing in front of it.
This is true, although I've been disturbed by the cart in that seat. I find 5C and 5D the best for legroom and comfort (depending on your preference for window or aisle).
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Microwave
This is true, although I've been disturbed by the cart in that seat. I find 5C and 5D the best for legroom and comfort (depending on your preference for window or aisle).
Are you saying they park the cart there --- or just passing by?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Are you saying they park the cart there --- or just passing by?
In the flights I've been on, the drink cart for economy is kept in the forward galley, so it has to come through the first class cabin to get back to row 5 and beyond. Because of the offset layout in first, the cart has to jog over to the centre of the aircraft for economy, so you tend to get banged a couple of times. This is similar to 7D on the mad dogs (but in reverse; first is offset on the CRJs while economy is offset on the mad dogs). It's not horrible, but it's worth noting. In my case, 5C has more than enough legroom for me and doesn't suffer that problem, so I tend to go for that one.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:40 am

Thanks Microwave! ^
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:30 pm

I did my first trip in First Class on this plane today and I must say I was impressed. I was in 1D with 1C empty so it was ideal. I could have almost imagined I was on a MD80. Crew was cheerful and efficient. I will fly this plane (in First when I have the option).

Last edited by phlashba; Nov 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm Reason: typos
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I did my first trip in First Class on this plane today and I must say I was impressed. I was in 4D with 4C empty so it was ideal. I could have almost imagined I was on a MD80. Crew was cheerful and efficient. I will fly this plane (in First when I have the option).
There is no row 4.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:29 pm

Sorry --- I am half asleep. It was 1-D It's corrected now!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
No breakfast on morning IAH-ORD?

I booked my parents in F on AA3859 (IAH-ORD) for this weekend. I went and checked "flight details" just now and noticed that the cabin service is listed as "Refreshments." Will they really not serve breakfast on a 2.5 hour flight that leaves at 7 am?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by phazedowt
I booked my parents in F on AA3859 (IAH-ORD) for this weekend. I went and checked "flight details" just now and noticed that the cabin service is listed as "Refreshments." Will they really not serve breakfast on a 2.5 hour flight that leaves at 7 am?
AA have chosen not to equip these aircraft with ovens. As such, there's no way to serve a proper breakfast, so I believe the most they will show is "Refreshments". That said, I'm told some cold meal-like spreads are available on the longer flights, though I'm not sure whether this flight is one of them. May be worth checking the domestic meals thread or reading upthread here.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:35 pm

Call AA and ask them.

I fly LGA-ATL several times a month, usually in F. The reservation & gate board always say "Refreshments" when in fact, it's a full meal service (I usually fly during dinner).
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:46 pm
Suspended

I received a continental breakfast on this flight. It consisted of a bowl of cereal with milk, a banana, a yogurt, a packaged muffin and I think a packaged fruit cup. All in all pretty terrible unless you like a really sweet breakfast. I don't know why AA can't put out a little fruit, some cheese and some cold ham and maybe cereal or a packaged breakfast bread.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by sts603
I received a continental breakfast on this flight. It consisted of a bowl of cereal with milk, a banana, a yogurt, a packaged muffin and I think a packaged fruit cup. All in all pretty terrible unless you like a really sweet breakfast. I don't know why AA can't put out a little fruit, some cheese and some cold ham and maybe cereal or a packaged breakfast bread.
thanks for the info! ^
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UAL, SWA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
F on AA CR7

Flying LAX-PHX on a CR7 and I am pleasantly surprised that I just got an upgrade email. I have never been on that plane and assumed the short flight would be a puddle jumper with no F. Anyone have experience with the service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.