Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Wouldn't surprise me if that's step 1 to the axing of this route. They couldn't make ERDs work in 2003, what's changed except higher oil prices?
Perhaps AA sees this route as necessary to the support the growing operation at LAX. Hopefully the CR7 will be back-it looks like they pulled these CR7s the same day STL-DCA went to Eagle
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, CX Green, GHA PLT
My first time fly with CR7 F is coming soon( YYZ-JFK ),the duration about 1:30 mins. They didn't serve any meal, only " meal for purchase ". May I know they will provide PDB and I have a carry on suitcase which is almost the maximum size of cabin luggage, is it good for put it on overhead bin pls ? Thank You
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JY1024
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...cTimetable.jsp

Looks like it's going to be a combination of CR7s and ERDs.
True. I had the opportunity to fly one of the two class jets in F from LGA-BNA and IAH-LAX within the last two weeks. Sat in 3B LGA-BNA and 3A IAH-LAX. I had originally had 1A for IAH-LAX but 3A was open and was a better choice. My long legs agreed. Breakfast on the morning LGA-BNA was like any other flight with the exception that the biscuits weren't heated (boo hoo hoo LOL). Snacks were served on IAH-LAX - I think there was a chicken salad offering, but I declined as it was an 835pm flight.

The jet size is perfect for anything under two hours, over two hours in F is okay. If you're in Y, my sympathies.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ELMOBOY
My first time fly with CR7 F is coming soon( YYZ-JFK ),the duration about 1:30 mins. They didn't serve any meal, only " meal for purchase ". May I know they will provide PDB and I have a carry on suitcase which is almost the maximum size of cabin luggage, is it good for put it on overhead bin pls ? Thank You
PDBs - maybe. Eagle seems to be better at offering these more consistently than mainline.
Your full-sized carry-on will not likely fit in the overhead bins, so you'll have to check it on the jetway. They usually return it to the jetway after the flight (as opposed to baggage claim), but it can be annoying standing there in the small space with all the people waiting for their bags as well.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, CX Green, GHA PLT
OIC, because I will connect another flight JFK-SFO. In this case, the checked baggage will directly to SFO fm YYZ, and the carry on will come with me at JFK, right ? Thanks in advance. Because this is my first time fly CR 7 and transit at JFK.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
In F, I usually get offered nuts or snack pack. This is a quick LAX-FAT flight.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I'm going on a CRJ7 in F for the first time in a couple of weeks. Are the window seats cramped compared to the aisle seat or are they alright?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
I'm going on a CRJ7 in F for the first time in a couple of weeks. Are the window seats cramped compared to the aisle seat or are they alright?
I was on one last week -- they are not cramped at all that I could tell.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
OIC, because I will connect another flight JFK-SFO. In this case, the checked baggage will directly to SFO fm YYZ, and the carry on will come with me at JFK, right ? Thanks in advance. Because this is my first time fly CR 7 and transit at JFK.
On Eagle, gate checked "Valet" bags are taken from you at the aircraft door before entering the aircraft and are returned to you at the aircraft door after the flight. You do not collect gate checked valet bags on Eagle at the baggage claim, and these bags are not transferred to connecting flights.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I saw there's at last one CR7 coming back to RDU-LGA this summer ^
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
. The A seats are the best choice, IMO. Decent legroom, not cramped at all.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by chanp
In F, I usually get offered nuts or snack pack. This is a quick LAX-FAT flight.
I'm flying FAT-LAX next month - do they have two class now?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
I saw there's at last one CR7 coming back to RDU-LGA this summer ^
Are they only running ERJs right now?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Are they only running ERJs right now?
Been ERJ only or a few months now
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by george 3
I'm flying FAT-LAX next month - do they have two class now?
If your flight is on a CR7 (CRJ-700), then it will be two-class.

If it's a CRJ (CRJ-200) operated by Skywest, then it's a single-class Canadian Torture Tube.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.