Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Flew ATL/LGA last night on the CR7. It was a 710PM flight so I asked AC Angel if there was a meal. She checked her system and said yes dinner and even called to double check and was told dinner.

Got on board and once drinks were served the FA sat down. Asked about a meal and he said none on that flight. But he did have a left over meal from the flight down (doubled catered at LGA) and gave that to me.^ Although, later I thought that may had been his planned dinner.

Liked the seats but the windows in rows 2 and 3 are not aligned properly.

Does anyone know what routes the CR7s were serving before?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NW
Yes, according to Sabre, there s/b a meal on 4663, 1910 departure. A dinner is listed.

Where you the only one in F? Were you booked/upgraded at the last moment?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by BDL2STL2PVG
Yes, according to Sabre, there s/b a meal on 4663, 1910 departure. A dinner is listed.

Where you the only one in F? Were you booked/upgraded at the last moment?
Upgraded ahead of time. There were four other paxs I think. As a side note, there were 2 EXPs that found out at the gate that the a/c now had F. Although there were open seats in F, the GA refused to upgrade them. At first, I thought maybe she did not upgrade them because of catering (meals) but with no meals that should not have been an issue. Just a lazy and foul looking GA. Those were two pissed off EXPs.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Best F seat?

UG cleared this morning for next Tuesday's ORD-MSP CR7 flight. Will be my first time on AA's CR7. Was auto-assigned 3A. Any preference for single seat? seatguru doesn't even show an F cabin. All seats in row 1 and 2 still open. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
UG cleared this morning for next Tuesday's ORD-MSP CR7 flight. Will be my first time on AA's CR7. Was auto-assigned 3A. Any preference for single seat? seatguru doesn't even show an F cabin. All seats in row 1 and 2 still open. Thanks.
In my opinion, 2A is the best, followed by 1A.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SFO777
3A is good but window doesnt match seat location if you care about that. I like 1A but i dont carry on much so YMMV.

Travelling alone, I would stick to the A seats
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks AAExpPlat and 869, I'll go with 2A.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Have any of the new 22 CR7's on order been delivered yet?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn
Have any of the new 22 CR7's on order been delivered yet?
One has been delivered. I believe the tail number is 525AE. There was a brief delay in deliveries because of an avionics problem. It has been fixed now, and the second one will be delivered July 28th.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 869
3A is good but window doesnt match seat location if you care about that. I like 1A but i dont carry on much so YMMV.

Travelling alone, I would stick to the A seats
I had 3A on the 3:00pm ORD-DCA flight. I would have probably chosen another seat if I knew about the window problem. Food service consisted of a choice of mixed nuts (standard AA nut mix except cold) or premium snack mix (the kind you get on short mainline flights in F). I was actually booked in F on DCA-ORD a few days ago but the flight got cancelled due to weather issues but the 738 that I was put on left within 45 minutes of the original flight and left on time. I don't know whether that was because the CRJs are less able to withstand the tough weather conditions or because of some other reason.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
In my opinion, 2A is the best, followed by 1A.
I've got 2a for LGA/ATL (6AM). Does anyone know what they'll serve for breakfast?

Also, I've got 6A for the return. Are there more comfortable coach seats? Seatguru and the AA Wiki slam the exit row.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by greenwichgolf; Jul 28, 2010 at 6:22 am
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by greenwichgolf
I've got 2a for LGA/ATL (6AM). Does anyone know what they'll serve for breakfast?

Also, I've got 6A for the return. Are there more comfortable coach seats? Seatguru and the AA Wiki slam the exit row.

Thanks in advance,

AA blocks it for airport control, but try to get moved up to 5AB. Great legroom there.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Yay! My U/G cleared (a long way ahead of time) ORD-OKC... Cant wait to try it out
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:15 am

Based on my experiences with the CRJ, If you like to look out the windows, avoid row 3. Seat 1C is probably the worst on the plane during boarding. I watched a couple poor fellows get continually bumped and knocked around during boarding. In terms of the "next generation" CRJ (new deliveries), it is a bit nicer than the older reconfigured models in the fleet with LED lighting throughout, immaculate interrior, and the new airplane smell.

Meal service is pretty typical with the cold snack meals on mainline. With the continental breakfast packaged muffins replace the hot bagel/biscuit and I found fruit cocktail an odd substition to fresh fruit, but that just might have been station specific.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 4:16 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Based on my experiences with the CRJ, If you like to look out the windows, avoid row 3. Seat 1C is probably the worst on the plane during boarding. I watched a couple poor fellows get continually bumped and knocked around during boarding. In terms of the "next generation" CRJ (new deliveries), it is a bit nicer than the older reconfigured models in the fleet with LED lighting throughout, immaculate interrior, and the new airplane smell.

Meal service is pretty typical with the cold snack meals on mainline. With the continental breakfast packaged muffins replace the hot bagel/biscuit and I found fruit cocktail an odd substition to fresh fruit, but that just might have been station specific.
I'm glad I checked this thread this afternoon. I went standby on a flight and also cleared into F. I was originally given 1C, but switched to 2C - definitely glad I did.

Too bad it's only an 18 minute flight; I was looking forward to trying a meal/snack on the CR7. I guess I'll just have to wait a few weeks until my LGA-ATL flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.