Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I have to say, I don't think the food looks so great (and I'm comparing this to AA's other domestic first class meals and international business class, not to a Michelin starred restaurant). What's the orange thing on the left of the plate in this photo?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3615919...7624203442148/
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
What's the orange thing on the left of the plate in this photo?
Salad Dressing?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by travelmi
Salad Dressing?
Yep, its the salad dressing.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:31 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Or is the OP talking about the radioactive-orange panini?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
IIRC meal service requires at least two hours block time on mainline. Now, off hours not sure, will a snack meal be served?
FYI: ORD-PHL is sub 2hours (usually 1:40ish) and has dinner service on mainline flights.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by sica4
FYI: ORD-PHL is sub 2hours (usually 1:40ish) and has dinner service on mainline flights.
I did PHL-ORD in seat 2A yesterday and it had the new F service. I had the beef salad meal which was very tasty. The FA said it was almost her first time doing the F service, and she did a good job.
Overall service and seats were very good.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I sat in 1D Monday afternoon MSP-ORD. Pax seemed utterly shocked that they were actually in "trial first class" (they really aren't advertising this too well ) and talked about it throughout the entire flight. Service was only nuts and drinks due to short duration. Seats were very comfortable, would have loved to try out 1,2,3A but they were occupied.

Probably wont fly the CRJs much based on the routes I go, but LGA-MSP operates as one when the direct flights start so I will be able to try out a mid-con on one of them.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by demkr
I sat in 1D Monday afternoon MSP-ORD. Pax seemed utterly shocked that they were actually in "trial first class" (they really aren't advertising this too well ) and talked about it throughout the entire flight. Service was only nuts and drinks due to short duration. Seats were very comfortable, would have loved to try out 1,2,3A but they were occupied.
As someone who flew ORD-MSP mainline for a while we didn't even get nuts, just the 'premium snack mix'. If I get nuts (either warm nuts or AE almonds) I'll be happier!
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by demkr
I sat in 1D Monday afternoon MSP-ORD. Pax seemed utterly shocked that they were actually in "trial first class" (they really aren't advertising this too well ) and talked about it throughout the entire flight.
I am pretty sure they are not trying to advertise it the trial period...
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My Father is flyin MSP-ORD-MSP this weekend on the CR7 and I made sure to seat him in the first three rows after reading this forum. Shame his ORD-BWI flight is on an ER4.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Trial First on PHL-ORD

I did that run the other day...nice to get the free 1st class service...didn't even realize it until I sat down and noticed the leather(ish) seats

Bin over 1A is locked, so it can't be used. Bins on the CD side look a little bigger, but can barely handle a briefcase-size bag. I did see some people bring on those small bags with wheels, but other than that all rollerboards are valet checked.

Food was good, but because of the short flight time...it's mostly sandwiches and salads...no hot meals. I like the service...but I'm not sure I'd burn stickers to get the service...flight is way too short for the trouble. I usually save my stickers for cross-country trips in 767s.

Last edited by Hotel_junkie; Jun 11, 2010 at 6:03 am
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Had my first AA CR7 sampling today.

I asked for Glenlivet. The FA looked as if I might as well have had two heads. When I told him what it was he brought me Chivas. I smiled and said thanks. I wonder what's up with that?

Then we were served cold nuts. Warm nuts are amazingly better. The pre-meal towelettes were warm, so there is a heat source somewhere. Apparently it's not capable of heating nuts?

Finally, I was given a roast beef wrap. Compared to the other cold choices I've had on AA, this was surprisingly quite good!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler

I asked for Glenlivet. The FA looked as if I might as well have had two heads. When I told him what it was he brought me Chivas. I smiled and said thanks. I wonder what's up with that?
Eagle has different catering contracts for liqour. Benefit is Chivas all the way. No Dewars. I prefer Glenlievt to Chivas but will take the guarnateed Chivas over the Glenlivet lottery.

Biggest benefit however it Tangueray over Beefeater!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Flew the 6am EWR-ORD flight last Wednesday (6/9/10) and had seat 1A. I had done a SDC to get home sooner, and was worried about the comfort of flying RJ, but this was very nice. Modern feeling airplane, comfortable seat, very attentive service. I still prefer mainline over eagle, but this was a very good experience.

My last Eagle experience before this one was on a flight from SJU to GND on an ATR prop. Incredibly loud, incredible amount of vibration, and very cramped seating. Relative to that, last week's flight seemed like F TATL.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
I am on a CR7 next week ORD-ROC and am assigned to 2A. I am on a Y fare and it looks like I've been Y-Uped, but the ticket is showing as ECONOMY and a check box for the upgrade request is on the screen. However, when I do 'request' the upgrade, I get an error message. Called the EXP desk and they say that there is no upgrade option for this flight. Sounds like that this may be a two class plane sold as one class or that the Y-Up is causing me to be in the "F" seats, but there is a system glitch for the other 'showing Economy, but can't upgrade' issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.