Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I need to book a family member in FC on one of the newly configured CRJ. He's on the large side. I assume "A" seats are best for solo travelers, even with the curvature of the aircraft? Any row better than another (like how's row 1)? And how does the overall comfort compare to, say, AA's 737-800 cabin? Seatguru is not yet a wealth of info (like they don't even have the aircraft reconfigured for FC).

Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:26 am

As you might expect, 1A is probably the best seat. But even if you have that seat secured, you should find solace less in the comfort of the seat (which is quite good, actually) and more in the short length of the flight.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ynewman
As you might expect, 1A is probably the best seat. But even if you have that seat secured, you should find solace less in the comfort of the seat (which is quite good, actually) and more in the short length of the flight.
Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
Going to BDL to visit family over Labor Day weekend.

I routed thru DFW, but I am indeed booked on AA3821 BDL-ORD on 9/7 and am still showing the CRJ. However, it looks like you're correct, after the 11/18 schedule changes, this route returns to all ER4s
Sadly, you are correct. And even worse, frequency reduces from 5 to 4 per day.

However. looking further ahead, it seems that from April 5th 2011, frequency returns to 5 per day and it's showing all CR7s. Let's hope that sticks this time.

Happy Travels.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.13 MM, IC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Are there any sites with the updated seat map? Seatguru appears to show the older version of the CRJ700.

Is Row 5 blocked out until the day of travel? Would like to be in the bulkhead with our 1-year old son.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Platinum Cub
Is Row 5 blocked out until the day of travel? Would like to be in the bulkhead with our 1-year old son.
Most bulkheads on all equipment are usually blocked for airport assignment.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Really like the F seats on the CR7. I think they're more comfortable than the F seats on the Mad Dog and much more comfortable than the new 738 F seats.

Today, I had something new with a yellow valet tag for F pax on the CR7. I suppose that it was supposed to come up first with the gate checked bags but actually ended up buried in the back of the cart at ORD. Nice idea if they can execute.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Today, I had something new with a yellow valet tag for F pax on the CR7. I suppose that it was supposed to come up first with the gate checked bags but actually ended up buried in the back of the cart at ORD. Nice idea if they can execute.
I fly the CRJs a lot and noticed this too. I'm guessing it will be like when they rolled out priority tags for checked bags, at first it was a crap-shoot but now it seems a lot more reliable.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:22 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Really like the F seats on the CR7. I think they're more comfortable than the F seats on the Mad Dog and much more comfortable than the new 738 F seats.

Agreed - I like the cozy feeling of the smaller cabin and the new seats are nice. (And my derriere likes that the seat padding is sufficient.)

I tend to stand-by quite a bit for Eagle flights, and I like the fact that I actually can clear straight into F on the CR7s (vs. just hoping to grab an exit row on a ERJ).
Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I wish that they would change the meal windows to be like mainline.

LGA-MSP's 11 am departure is a "refreshments" flight which is essentially nuts and maybe a cookie-for a 1,020 mile flight, really? Why not lunch? They feed you more in Y as an EXP on that flight.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

LGA-MSP's 11 am departure is a "refreshments" flight which is essentially nuts and maybe a cookie-for a 1,020 mile flight, really? Why not lunch? They feed you more in Y as an EXP on that flight.
Agreed. There's an ORD-EWR flight that leaves around the same time that also doesn't get lunch.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold

Please shoot a brief email over to AA Customer Relations about this. Mention the "discrepancy" between the F and Y service (as an EXP). I'm sure that someone in Eagle management didn't think this one through correctly.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA 1mm LT Gold
CRJ700 experience

Well I flew one of the new CRJ700s for the first time this morning. This is the morning flight from LGA-BNA and had previously been an Emb.

3 rows of F and I sat in 2C.

I was impressed. I'd never pick a regional over an MD80, but all in all, it was a nice product. There was plenty of room. There was F meal service (cereal, banana, yogurt, etc.) which was much nicer than most of my other flights to BNA...clean and well aportioned.

Two comments:

1) WOW was it bright!!! The new LED lights are big time bright...especially for an early morning Monday flight. I know they use less power and are plenty bright, but jeez, I thought they could have even toned it down a bit more. Made it harder to sleep a bit.

2) The F seat looked good, and when reclined was good...but when the seat was upright, I almost felt it was "too upright" and actually pushed my back forward, like I was a bit hunched over. I'm sure when the backs of the seats are broken in a little, there will be a nice indent for my back to fit into...but it was uncomfortable when upright.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA 1mm LT Gold
Originally Posted by smlsml
Well I flew one of the new CRJ700s for the first time this morning. This is the morning flight from LGA-BNA and had previously been an Emb.

3 rows of F and I sat in 2C.

I was impressed. I'd never pick a regional over an MD80, but all in all, it was a nice product. There was plenty of room. There was F meal service (cereal, banana, yogurt, etc.) which was much nicer than most of my other flights to BNA...clean and well aportioned.

Two comments:

1) WOW was it bright!!! The new LED lights are big time bright...especially for an early morning Monday flight. I know they use less power and are plenty bright, but jeez, I thought they could have even toned it down a bit more. Made it harder to sleep a bit.

2) The F seat looked good, and when reclined was good...but when the seat was upright, I almost felt it was "too upright" and actually pushed my back forward, like I was a bit hunched over. I'm sure when the backs of the seats are broken in a little, there will be a nice indent for my back to fit into...but it was uncomfortable when upright.
So I flew the return today and...wow...I didn't know they have "new" CRJs and "old" CRJs already. This one was bad. Old lighting...broken tray table. Everything that was good in my original post, I take back if you get the older plane.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by atrainexp22
where are the new CRJ700 based? i was on AE3756 yesterday and it was a 2004 delivery..
I believe they are interspersed at bases that already have CRJ pilots. In future, you can tell whether you're scheduled for a "new" CRJ by seeing whether the bird has an F section--if it's all Y, it's not been refurbished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.