Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: Various
I had a recent experience on one of the newer CR7 Eagle Aircraft. Went from IAH-LAX; which is one of the longer Eagle segments out there. I was on the upgrade list on a full flight and at #5, only one person cleared into F. I felt the CR7 was quite a bit more spacious in Y. Seating with better padding and sufficient leg room. I'd almost hesitate to say I liked it better than the new 738. Quite a smooth ride and possibly quieter than MD-80 for cabin noise. The crew were friendly and eager to be of service, and were fairly new to the job.

Unfortunately, the other aspects of the flight were unacceptable as far as communication about delays, valet/baggage reminders, international pax transfer info, ground staff helpfulness....etc. I hate to bag on AA/AE, but I would never take this flight if I were going to make an International connection at LAX...the bussing system and communication is 'lacking' to say it nicely. I may write a brief trip report later this week about it.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:21 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
NextGen CRJ700

I flew on one of the newly delivered NextGen CRJ700s N527EA last week (NextGen logo under the cockpit window by the 1L door). Definitely a noticeable difference from the old models, including new leather seats, smaller bins with sliding doors on the left side of F, and larger windows (also seemed to be a big higher).

On the downside, the Y seats are still narrow and have limited legroom and recline (other than Row 5, which may even have more legroom than F, but are now sold as Express Seats).
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dstan
I flew on one of the newly delivered NextGen CRJ700s N527EA last week (NextGen logo under the cockpit window by the 1L door). Definitely a noticeable difference from the old models, including new leather seats, smaller bins with sliding doors on the left side of F, and larger windows (also seemed to be a big higher).
We got to fly one of these on SAN-LAX (reroute after our earlier SAN-LAX was canceled for crew reasons making us go to SFO instead of SJC ). Given that pushback to diesmbark was litterally 30 minutes, barely had time to fasten the seat belts, much less notice anything.

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dstan
(other than Row 5, which may even have more legroom than F, but are now sold as Express Seats).
Not that I ever plan to be in Y but that's obnoxious. What's the cut-off - 50 minutes out when they get released?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:19 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sts603
Not that I ever plan to be in Y but that's obnoxious. What's the cut-off - 50 minutes out when they get released?
Yes - 50 minutes.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:58 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by HNL
Yes - 50 minutes.
Good to know, thanks. I checked in at a kiosk 8 hrs out on a daytrip. Due to a delayed return flight, I waited it out in the AC and didn't think to ask at the gate.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I was flying EWR/ORD this morning. F was full but Y was fairly empty. I see that row 5 (first row in Y) is completely empty. Very generous leg room in that row. I asked the FA if I could move back and she says yes, even brings my meal back to me. Actually, I found that seat more comfortable and roomy than the F seat.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:26 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I was flying EWR/ORD this morning. F was full but Y was fairly empty. I see that row 5 (first row in Y) is completely empty. Very generous leg room in that row. I asked the FA if I could move back and she says yes, even brings my meal back to me. Actually, I found that seat more comfortable and roomy than the F seat.
That's actually a pretty good idea. I vaguely remember noticing the legroom @ row 5, especially with the little cut-out area for the aisle seat. I'm on a CR7 later today...will see if that can be an option to "upgrade" my F seat.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Flying 4649 LGA-MSP tomorrow (8:50 p.m. departure), upgrade cleared and I notice the meal in First is coded as "Snack". No meal service on a 2h50m flight? Is that normal? What does the "snack" consist of?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by coremill
Flying 4649 LGA-MSP tomorrow (8:50 p.m. departure), upgrade cleared and I notice the meal in First is coded as "Snack". No meal service on a 2h50m flight? Is that normal? What does the "snack" consist of?
No hot meals on AE. My experience on the IAH-ORD route is that the 'snack' consists of beverage service and premium snack mix in a baggie - not the typical AA warm nuts.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:19 pm

As mentioned, no hot food, but still a decent "snack" in my opinion. Here's what I had on my last LGA-ATL flight: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16853092-post678.html
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by JY1024
As mentioned, no hot food, but still a decent "snack" in my opinion. Here's what I had on my last LGA-ATL flight: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16853092-post678.html
Ah ok, so the snack is something more than just nuts and crackers. That makes more sense. Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:14 pm

Ah ok, so the snack is something more than just nuts and crackers. That makes more sense. Thank you.
I think it may depend on the block time of the flight and the time of day. If I recall, I think my return flight (ATL-LGA) was classified as a "refreshment" flight and it was what paseom2 listed above.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I'm probably pretty "late to the party" on this, but Eagle does not operate any CR7's out of DFW? I was just perusing the AA timetable and noticed this. I guess that explains why I never find myself on one, ha!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:40 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econometrics
I'm probably pretty "late to the party" on this, but Eagle does not operate any CR7's out of DFW? I was just perusing the AA timetable and noticed this. I guess that explains why I never find myself on one, ha!
AA will have one CR7 departure a day from DFW to Aspen (ASE) this winter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.