Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:26 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by SoCal811
Flying LAX-PHX on a CR7 and I am pleasantly surprised that I just got an upgrade email. I have never been on that plane and assumed the short flight would be a puddle jumper with no F. Anyone have experience with the service?
Comfy seat. PDB. drinks and snack mix in the air. I'm partial to 1A. It's a single seat and is easier to view out the window than others
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
I have flown this several times, often on flights much longer than that. Since the CR7 is the only aircraft AE offers F on, they tend to do a decent job at it. Seats are good and even on a longer flight like ORD-IAH, which is where I normally end up taking this plane, I find myself not feeling like I got crammed on a regional.

I personally prefer the A side of the plane since F is 1-2 seating config, where Y on the CR7 is 2-2. Then I get both a window and an aisle.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:31 pm

I prefer 2A for the legroom. 1A feels kind of cramped. 3A if you want windows, too; 2A is lacking in the view department.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:43 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Flying LAX-PHX on a CR7 and I am pleasantly surprised that I just got an upgrade email. I have never been on that plane and assumed the short flight would be a puddle jumper with no F. Anyone have experience with the service?
Thread merged with existing discussion of the CR7 F cabin.

SoCal811 - The first post of this thread contains links to posts within this thread that have pictures and flight reports.

Enjoy your flight! /Moderator
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by HNL
Comfy seat. PDB. drinks and snack mix in the air.
No food heating capability on the plane though, so the nuts are cold and lunch (if served on that route) is a salad.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Is this new and for all PHX - LAX flights? I have one later this month and it did not feature F seating.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:43 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by george 3
Is this new and for all PHX - LAX flights? I have one later this month and it did not feature F seating.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...cTimetable.jsp

Looks like it's going to be a combination of CR7s and ERDs.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
2A gets my vote - Window, Aisle, and Leg Room
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
CR 7 F class

Did a quick weekend trip from LGA to BNA on CR7 in F. It's really quiet and seats have head rest just like 737. FA on both flights were really friendly and professional. They served continental breakfast with cereal/fruit/muffin on morning outbound flight and two salad choices (beef/salmon) with bread and desert on evening inbound flight. PDB were served on both flights promptly after boarding. Overall, pretty good experience!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Have nuts and towels been pulled from CR7 flights? I didn't have them on my LGA to ATL r/t this weekend.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JY1024
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...cTimetable.jsp

Looks like it's going to be a combination of CR7s and ERDs.
Thank you much JY - I've stored the link for future reference. Looks like they tweaked the schedule and the equipment on my flight betw PHX and LAX. Was supposed to be on a CRJ, but now its ERD.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 3:12 pm

I'm booked in F on a CR7 from DEN-LAX. Initally I was considering UA's 737 b/c I hadn't flown the Cr7, but it looks like it's the way to go.^
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:59 pm

LAX-PHX

CR7's no longer on the LAX-PHX route. So long F!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
They served continental breakfast with cereal/fruit/muffin on morning outbound flight.
I hate this. Its nothing but sugar. What about some cold ham and cheese or something savory along those lines instead of just more sweet items.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SoCalPLT
CR7's no longer on the LAX-PHX route. So long F!
Wouldn't surprise me if that's step 1 to the axing of this route. They couldn't make ERDs work in 2003, what's changed except higher oil prices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.