Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
The way EQMs are calculated changed this year from the way EQPs were worked out last year. Before the minimum was calculated first, then the class of service multiplier went on top of that. Now, the class of service multiplier is applied, and if that doesn't bring the flight up to the minimum then the minimum is applied. Thus, any flight less than 250 miles in any fare other than full F or J will earn 500 EQM. Any flight longer than that booked into a discounted first or business fare will earn actual mileage * 2.

Taken together, the new system incentivises people to buy the cheapest tickets for short flights: upgrades are now free for all elites, and EQM earning is not enhanced when more expensive fares are purchased. It's totally moronic to me, but then again I'm a really crappy airline CEO so don't listen to me...
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:47 am

Didn't the other thread mention that this is a glitch, and they're fixing it?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The EQM:

OP can request ORC / original routing credit due to involuntary rerouting. It shouldn't be much of a problem.

On the EQM, as clearly mentioned in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2016-a.html, the 500 EQM minima have been miscalculated by AA. They are aware of this and are working up a fix, as well as a retroactive EQM credit adjustment.

Compensation:

As to AA reimbursing hotel costs, there's as much chance of that as there is of a snowstorm at Death Valley in July.

Trip in vain:

I think the agent may have been making it up.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver
The EQM:

OP can request ORC / original routing credit due to involuntary rerouting. It shouldn't be much of a problem.

On the EQM, as clearly mentioned in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2016-a.html, the 500 EQM minima have been miscalculated by AA. They are aware of this and are working up a fix, as well as a retroactive EQM credit adjustment.

Compensation:

As to AA reimbursing hotel costs, there's as much chance of that as there is of a snowstorm at Death Valley in July.

Trip in vain:

I think the agent may have been making it up.
I got the ORC on all but the return from MEM-CLT. Didn't take anything more than an explanation.

As for the agent making it up... You think I have a claim for the trip in vain? Truth is, I was going to MEM and decided to tack on CHS while I was in this part of the country. No way I would have come up from Colombia to say goodbye to one formerly good customer whose plant was shut down in SC and do some shopping in Orlando. This was one expensive bunch of nothing.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:27 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Microwave
The way EQMs are calculated changed this year from the way EQPs were worked out last year. Before the minimum was calculated first, then the class of service multiplier went on top of that. Now, the class of service multiplier is applied, and if that doesn't bring the flight up to the minimum then the minimum is applied. Thus, any flight less than 250 miles in any fare other than full F or J will earn 500 EQM. Any flight longer than that booked into a discounted first or business fare will earn actual mileage * 2.

Taken together, the new system incentivises people to buy the cheapest tickets for short flights: upgrades are now free for all elites, and EQM earning is not enhanced when more expensive fares are purchased. It's totally moronic to me, but then again I'm a really crappy airline CEO so don't listen to me...
Originally Posted by Bttc
Didn't the other thread mention that this is a glitch, and they're fixing it?
Yes. The above calculation my Microwave is incorrect as to how it is supposed to work. They are going to fix it, and are doing adjustments now until it is fixed automatically.

Cheers.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by brp
The above calculation my Microwave is incorrect as to how it is supposed to work. They are going to fix it, and are doing adjustments now until it is fixed automatically.
My calculation is not incorrect, it's how things are happening now, as in... what's happening right now. Whether it's what is meant to be happening or what they will be fixing or how it will work later, who knows. I have my own doubts about whether AA will actually ever change it back or retroactively "fix" it; I know that statements and assertions have been made, but I'm personally sceptical. That said, my statement was designed to explain what's happening now and why the maths came out the way they did.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 1:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
So I noticed that now that AA is now flying ten Skywest CRJ-700s. I'm guessing these are ex-United aircraft as they only have two rows of F. Pretty frustrating that AA has so many configurations of CR7s, especially now that ten of them have 3 fewer F seats than the rest.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
So I noticed that now that AA is now flying ten Skywest CRJ-700s. I'm guessing these are ex-United aircraft as they only have two rows of F. Pretty frustrating that AA has so many configurations of CR7s, especially now that ten of them have 3 fewer F seats than the rest.
I was observing this from the G Admials Club today. Checking tail numbers, there seems to be no set pattern on where they fly, either. Huge
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by akarneboge
I was observing this from the G Admials Club today. Checking tail numbers, there seems to be no set pattern on where they fly, either. Huge
They seem to be on ORD-BWI, that's the route I noticed them on, but beyond that I'm not sure where they're going.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I was booked on one of the blessed things in a couple of weeks on IAH-ORD. The coach seats start numbering as row 8 instead of row 5.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
They seem to be on ORD-BWI, that's the route I noticed them on, but beyond that I'm not sure where they're going.
One that I saw yesterday, N738SK, has made a good number of turns to IAH. Used to fly CR7's (9F), then all E75's (12F), and then some MD-80's in 2015. Now going to 6F CR7's. I knew it was a bad day when I heard Envoy was transferring all CR7's to PSA to be based at CLT. The only solice is that ORD is finally seeing more of the Envoy E75's, so maybe the trend will change again.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I was booked on one of the blessed things in a couple of weeks on IAH-ORD. The coach seats start numbering as row 8 instead of row 5.
What's the interior like? Is it like a pmUS CR7 where the seats in F are identical except for the color?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by akarneboge
What's the interior like? Is it like a pmUS CR7 where the seats in F are identical except for the color?
Bad typing on my part - I am booked in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
The Skywest 700's are going to places like SLC, IAH, BWI, SAT, ORF, and SYR. About 30 are on the way that are being transferred from United paint to AA paint. The seats are the same slim line seats United had but being refurbished to AA type colors. I guess the row numbering system is still old UA as well.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
If they are taking the time to redo the seat colors why not harmonize to be 9F like the rest of the CR7s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.