Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi ,

I will be in PHX in May ( and like Vegas too) but until now the lack of a good AA service made flying OW difficult ( I collect BA miles)
However I got a good deal on aa.com in F ( PHX-LAX-LAS rtn) so I am looking forward to trying the CR7.

I assume at LAX we have to get the American Eagle shuttle bus to the main T4 gates for AA mainline?

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I assume at LAX we have to get the American Eagle shuttle bus to the main T4 gates for AA mainline?
Yessir!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:48 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Hi ,

I will be in PHX in May ( and like Vegas too) but until now the lack of a good AA service made flying OW difficult ( I collect BA miles)
However I got a good deal on aa.com in F ( PHX-LAX-LAS rtn) so I am looking forward to trying the CR7.

Regards

TBS
You got it! All your AE flights on the CR7 will go in/out of "Gate 44" (i.e. the Eagle satellite building). It's actually not as dumpy now that it's been renovated.

Your mainline flights to/from LAS will be in the main terminal, where the AA Flagship Lounge awaits you.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JY1024
You got it! All your AE flights on the CR7 will go in/out of "Gate 44" (i.e. the Eagle satellite building). It's actually not as dumpy now that it's been renovated.

Your mainline flights to/from LAS will be in the main terminal, where the AA Flagship Lounge awaits you.
Hi,

Thanks for that JY1024 ( and microwave) !^

The flagship lounge is an excellent place to spend some time ( really peaceful compared to the main terminal during most of the day- I have not been at night) with good food and drinks.

How long prior to boarding/departure of the eagle flight back to PHX should I head to the bus please? I have never used the Eagle terminal.

Many thanks

TBS
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:59 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
How long prior to boarding/departure of the eagle flight back to PHX should I head to the bus please? I have never used the Eagle terminal.
Everybody has a slightly different preference, but I usually leave the club about 45-50 min before departure (i.e., 15-20 min before boarding). For me it's usually a 5-10 min wait for a bus, then about a 10 min bus ride over to satellite terminal.

As you come out of the club, turn right. When you enter a small circular "lobby" right after the Chili's, take the left escalator down to the waiting area for the bus. (They'll check your boarding pass, but make sure you're getting on the bus for the Eagle terminal; the same boarding area is also used by passengers heading over to T3 to catch AS flights and to TBIT for QF flights.)

I'm generally in no rush to get onto one of those regional jets, so I'm okay with getting there after boarding begins. On a ERJ, I'd try to get on towards the beginning of the boarding process if I wanted to make sure to get some locker space for my smaller carry-on bag; rollaboards have to be gate-checked anyway. Since you're on a CRJ in F, you shouldn't have any problem finding space for your smaller carry-on in the overhead locker.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Thanks again JY1024^

I will only have a small backpack ( but it will have my DSLR in its carry on in it)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Doesn't look like they have any plans to add a lav. That would be super expensive.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:15 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Finally had my first experience flying the new CRJ in F today and quite liked it. Great service, and not having ovens wasn't too much of an issue for breakfast (I had the cereal). The small F cabin feels very private and I also noticed that the space under the seat in front of you seems to be higher than on mainline planes, perhaps due to the lack of powerport boxes.

^
Old May 1, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
All your AE flights on the CR7 will go in/out of "Gate 44" (i.e. the Eagle satellite building). It's actually not as dumpy now that it's been renovated.
Personally, I preferred the old building. I was a big fan of the windows, which were large and featured illustrations of flight principles. The new terminal feels temporary to me, and the laminate floors are weird. Of course, I usually don't spend much time in it.

AA did preserve some of the wonderful illustrations from the old terminal. They've been cut up, and sections are mounted underneath the laptop tables. The effect isn't as great now that you only see small pieces at a time, kind of like watching a movie filmed for widescreen on a small TV.

Note that the Flagship Lounge is only available to those who are OneWorld Emerald via top-tier status in a OneWorld program other than AAdvantage, or, traveling in international first class on an OneWorld flight, or, AA EXP traveling internationally. For others, there is an Admiral's Club.

I'm generally in no rush to get onto one of those regional jets, so I'm okay with getting there after boarding begins. On a ERJ, I'd try to get on towards the beginning of the boarding process if I wanted to make sure to get some locker space for my smaller carry-on bag; rollaboards have to be gate-checked anyway. Since you're on a CRJ in F, you shouldn't have any problem finding space for your smaller carry-on in the overhead locker.
There may be some risk of someone in Y stealing your bin space.
Old May 1, 2011, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
Finally had my first experience flying the new CRJ in F today and quite liked it. Great service, and not having ovens wasn't too much of an issue for breakfast (I had the cereal). The small F cabin feels very private and I also noticed that the space under the seat in front of you seems to be higher than on mainline planes, perhaps due to the lack of powerport boxes.

^
Same here. First flight on the 29th. There were no options for breakfast. It was just cereal for me.

I find the legroom in row 1 kind of cramped because of the bulkhead. Row 2 was much much better because you can stick your feet under the seat in front.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:39 am

Just did PHX-LAX and back

Well, AA quit flying west from PHX for a long time and the last time it was on an all coach Eagle so it was pretty boring and tight. Last weekend I did PHX-LAX in F on a CR7 and it was a lot better, although not the best.

PRO: the flight attendants are friendlier and more attentive even for only a little longer than an hour flight. Flight time door to door is much quicker with not so many passengers to process. Aircraft look new, cleaner, and brighter. Jumbo size bag of almond. I can connect to Asia from LAX with AA from PHX.

CON: serious lack of carry on storage space, even in First. Small limited reclining F seat which is OK for short flight but on a LAX-HOU could be annoying. The shuttle bus to and from the remote terminal at LAX which has no lounge. Bathroom is way in the back. And last but not least, no Glenlivet, not even one and Chivas Regal is in no way just as good.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

The LAX remote terminal is bleh. The crowded bus rides to and from the location are the most annoying aspects!
Old May 3, 2011, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Since the only AA flights Ihave been on lately has been the PHX-MIA-PHX flights, I'm more intune to take more AA flights to LAX, the new CRJ-700s are much nicer then the 200s.

So how are things with the apache?

Originally Posted by AH-64D
Well, AA quit flying west from PHX for a long time and the last time it was on an all coach Eagle so it was pretty boring and tight. Last weekend I did PHX-LAX in F on a CR7 and it was a lot better, although not the best.

PRO: the flight attendants are friendlier and more attentive even for only a little longer than an hour flight. Flight time door to door is much quicker with not so many passengers to process. Aircraft look new, cleaner, and brighter. Jumbo size bag of almond. I can connect to Asia from LAX with AA from PHX.

CON: serious lack of carry on storage space, even in First. Small limited reclining F seat which is OK for short flight but on a LAX-HOU could be annoying. The shuttle bus to and from the remote terminal at LAX which has no lounge. Bathroom is way in the back. And last but not least, no Glenlivet, not even one and Chivas Regal is in no way just as good.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:46 am

I just did LAX-IAH and back. The recline isn't as far back as the mainline planes, but it's not so painful that I was having a hard time on this flight.

Bathroom in the way back is hard because you have to walk the whole length of the plane, and if it's occupied, you have to walk the whole length of the plane back to your seat.

And yes, no Glenlivet... only Chivas.

No heated food. It's not so bad, but just be aware of that. Your chicken will come out cold. Mine did.

And at LAX, you have a delay because you have to wait for the bus to take you back to the main terminal or vice versa, so plan extra time if you're rushing to the airport.
Old May 3, 2011, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
And last but not least, no Glenlivet, not even one and Chivas Regal is in no way just as good.
Agreed that Glenlivet is better than Chivas but I prefer Eagle's liquor selection because (1) Tangueray > Beefeater (2) I'll take a large supply of Chivas over fighting over two Glenlivet's for the cabin with the risk of being downgraded to Dewar's. I drank five Chivas on a recent LGA-CLT (they realized they were out when I ordered the PDB and ordered catering to come back to the plane). On mainline that would have been two Glenlivet's followed by debating downgrading to Dewar's or switching to wine. I'll the unlimited Chivas option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.