Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by hurnik
This was an ALB-DFW flight. The incoming aircraft had come from DFW. I’ll be submitting a complaint when I get back.

yes very odd. I had gone into the AA app to manage the flight to see what the dinner options were and there were only two radio buttons to choose from. I solve screen shotted it as now it’s gone with no option to select a meal.
AA really needs to get this straightened out in time for the Saratoga summer meet. Actually, this year, they need to get it straightened out in time for the Belmont Stakes!
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
AA really needs to get this straightened out in time for the Saratoga summer meet. Actually, this year, they need to get it straightened out in time for the Belmont Stakes!
ok I got it now. This is what i see.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
ok I got it now. This is what i see.
Really strange. I've never seen that limited a pre-order menu for flights as long as DFW-ALB.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:42 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone tried the (new?) "Shawarma Seasoned Grilled Chicken" option? Served with turmeric rice and labneh.

I love Middle Eastern flavors so have it selected for a flight next month. The trusty backup is always the short rib and mac.
JC5280 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by dw
It’s not drastically perceptible, but it does seem like AA’s catering took a turn for the worse starting a few months ago
That breakfast enchilada has been around for quite some time. I thought it was generally found to be pretty tasty.
HiAperture likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:31 pm

This was an ALB-DFW flight. The incoming aircraft had come from DFW. I’ll be submitting a complaint when I get back.

yes very odd. I had gone into the AA app to manage the flight to see what the dinner options were and there were only two radio buttons to choose from. I solve screen shotted it as now it’s gone with no option to select a meal.
Well I submitted a complaint and they responded with an apology but no credit or refund or miles. Garbage
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Well I submitted a complaint and they responded with an apology but no credit or refund or miles. Garbage
Typical AA... you know they are thinking "as if! our sole responsibility is to carry them from point A to point B and nothing else!". Sad but true.
dw and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:28 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
It’s possible you received a reply from the bot and no person actually read the complaint. The bot is set up not to give any compensation, but if you reply and try to escalate it, it’s possible a human will actually read your complaint.

Meanwhile on the DL forum people are reporting getting calls within a day or so of submitting an online complaint…
hurnik and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
Really strange. I've never seen that limited a pre-order menu for flights as long as DFW-ALB.
So I just checked again but on my iPad this time instead of my iPhone. I don’t know if it’s a bug in the app or if AA has added more options now that it’s closer to departure.

But now it shows a much more comprehensive meal option like the chicken and short ribs.

LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:38 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
So I just checked again but on my iPad this time instead of my iPhone. I don’t know if it’s a bug in the app or if AA has added more options now that it’s closer to departure.

But now it shows a much more comprehensive meal option like the chicken and short ribs.

I think you just had to swipe down on the phone to see rest of the menu as the UIX wasn't optimized. Happened to me on couple of flights where I thought they only offered the Golden Roasted Chicken or Harvest Grain bowl, but swiping down showcased 2-3 other choices for pre-select meals.
hurnik likes this.

Last edited by HaleiwaFlyer; Jan 20, 2024 at 12:45 am
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
I think you just had to swipe down on the phone to see rest of the menu as the UIX wasn't optimized. Happened to me on couple of flights where I thought they only offered the Golden Roasted Chicken or Harvest Grain bowl, but swiping down showcased 2-3 other choices for pre-select meals.
that's what I had originally thought, but I definitely could not swipe down/up the last few times I checked. However, after I noticed the additional options on the iPad, I checked again on the iPhone and the full menu is there now as well. I wonder if AA only loaded the first two items and didn't load the full menu until the past day or two. But I guess that means it's a good thing to keep checking your options
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I haven’t seen the cauliflower lasagna for a while now. Has anyone had it recently and if so what route? Out of DFW, CLT, FLL and LAX it wasn’t an option on a few different mid cons I had in the last month.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jan 20, 2024 at 7:53 pm
Old Jan 20, 2024, 7:23 pm

AA1572 MIA-YYZ January 2024

Golden Roasted Chicken - Very bland but at least not over cooked!

Short ribs with green peppercorn sauce. Actually not bad, quite tasty and not over cooked.
hurnik likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:30 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
The new UI on the website is terrible. I don't get why the just threw it over top of the old one.

AA 238 LAX-JFK next month in F
  • Traditional American Breakfast - scrambled eggs with chives, Canadian bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato
  • Avocado Toast - wheat berry toast, tomato onion salad, toasted pistachios, mozzarella, frisée, balsamic glaze
  • Apple Raisin Muesli - yogurt, rolled oats, apple, cream, honey, raisins, seasonal fruit
  • Mushroom, Leek and Asparagus Frittata - honey roasted sweet potatoes, blistered tomatoes, charred broccolini, garnished with spring salad. Created and inspired with wellness in mind by James Beard Award winning author and nutritionist Ellie Krieger

Leaning toward the muesli but also considering the American breakfast or a Hindu special meal. Overall, I expect a very disappointing flight with the exception of a couple of hours of sleep.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
am in the same boat out of Seattle this week. Did you have an experience? I was gonna possibly try the kosher.
Im not a fan of the Kosher meals, Hindu for breakfast has always been a winner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.