Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dw
Ahhh I missed that it was a redeye.

However, on a 7:30 am departure two weeks ago I was also served everything on one tray in FF so Iím wondering if a bigger change has been put into place?
Laazy crew
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I am trying to book an award flight for a family member who doesn't fly often and trying to see if the following flight will have catered hot meal. A hot meal would be a nice treat in addition to the wider F seat for this person.

AA 2314
BWI 3:25pm - DFW 6:10pm
737-800 aircraft
3h 45m flight
1217 miles

On the AA app, it shows lunch in F. But
at a 3:25pm departure, I am curious if they will serve a hot meal or just snacks.

Does the latest F hot meal policy exclude mid-afternoon departure time like this flight?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:57 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
AA 238 LAX-JFK next month in F
Please report back on whether they still course the meal (with the fruit plate served first as the app) or if everything is served on one tray
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Im not a fan of the Kosher meals, Hindu for breakfast has always been a winner
What about Hindu for breakfast? With DL itís great as even w breakfast it still seems to be Chana masala & paratha but never tried it with AA for a morning flight.

Tbh getting the Asian veg or Hindu out of LA worries me as I have had 2 horrible dinners Iím the last year.

My upcoming LAX-JFK breakfast menu is not looking too inspiring.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
The new UI on the website is terrible. I don't get why the just threw it over top of the old one.

AA 238 LAX-JFK next month in F
  • Traditional American Breakfast - scrambled eggs with chives, Canadian bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato
  • Avocado Toast - wheat berry toast, tomato onion salad, toasted pistachios, mozzarella, frisťe, balsamic glaze
  • Apple Raisin Muesli - yogurt, rolled oats, apple, cream, honey, raisins, seasonal fruit
  • Mushroom, Leek and Asparagus Frittata - honey roasted sweet potatoes, blistered tomatoes, charred broccolini, garnished with spring salad. Created and inspired with wellness in mind by James Beard Award winning author and nutritionist Ellie Krieger

Leaning toward the muesli but also considering the American breakfast or a Hindu special meal. Overall, I expect a very disappointing flight with the exception of a couple of hours of sleep.
Same flight same menu for me as well for next week.

I know the grain bowl thing from JB is bad but how is the frittata?

I swear the Transcon options are now worse than midcons.

I have no clue what to order. Maybe the muesli as well but not much of a meal.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
I am trying to book an award flight for a family member who doesn't fly often and trying to see if the following flight will have catered hot meal. A hot meal would be a nice treat in addition to the wider F seat for this person.

AA 2314
737-800 aircraft
3h 45m flight
1217 miles

at a 3:25pm departure, I am curious if they will serve a hot meal or just snacks.

Does the latest F hot meal policy exclude mid-afternoon departure time like this flight?
i couldnít seem to find the meal times on AA website for domestic first class dining. All I could find was an old nerdwallet post that said

ďAmericanís meals change quarterly and depend upon the time of day. According to Americanís website, "Full meals are served on departures between 5 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and 4:01 p.m. and 8 p.m. Warmed mixed nuts and Lite Bites are served on departures between 1:31 p.m. Ė 4 p.m. and after 8:01 p.m."
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:46 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
HNL to DFW

Sea Bass: The best one so far. Typically a slight fishy taste when mixed with the soya sauce. But no fishiness at all this time.

Rice was good and not overcooked. Appreciate the fresh salad vs what UA is offering for their salads.

Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
DFW - FLL
Chicken Parmesan with Strozzapreti Pasta. It was pretty tasty.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by AAway
DFW - FLL
Chicken Parmesan with Strozzapreti Pasta. It was pretty tasty.
Decent looking app too.
rvolkcpa and AAway like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Time traveller

AA 2314
737-800 aircraft
3h 45m flight
1217 miles

No middle of the day time exclusions. It will be a full meal. Now one choice will probably be cold, but it won't be just a snack.

Originally Posted by hurnik
i couldn’t seem to find the meal times on AA website for domestic first class dining. All I could find was an old nerdwallet post that said

“American’s meals change quarterly and depend upon the time of day. According to American’s website, "Full meals are served on departures between 5 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and 4:01 p.m. and 8 p.m. Warmed mixed nuts and Lite Bites are served on departures between 1:31 p.m. – 4 p.m. and after 8:01 p.m."
That is an extremely old policy that went away well before COVID.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Has anyone tried the shawarma chicken? Between that and the tried and (sometimes) true short rib, what is the better choice?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
What about Hindu for breakfast? With DL itís great as even w breakfast it still seems to be Chana masala & paratha but never tried it with AA for a morning flight.

Tbh getting the Asian veg or Hindu out of LA worries me as I have had 2 horrible dinners Iím the last year.

My upcoming LAX-JFK breakfast menu is not looking too inspiring.
Hindu has always been my fave menu, but it also depends on what is being offered on the plane,
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I know the grain bowl thing from JB is bad but how is the frittata?
FWIW, Iíve had the frittata twice. Itís not great, but I enjoyed it enough the first time to go back a second. I think it is decent as far as AA meals go.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by dw
Itís possible you received a reply from the bot and no person actually read the complaint. The bot is set up not to give any compensation, but if you reply and try to escalate it, itís possible a human will actually read your complaint.

Meanwhile on the DL forum people are reporting getting calls within a day or so of submitting an online complaintÖ
Finally got a response after the 2nd email I had to send. 2,500 miles as credit for no meal or snack for 4 hour flight. No PDB you get nothing (despite the fact the FA's sat around for 10 minutes after boarding was completed before the door was shut).
Is there a "compensation" thread here on the AA forums like over on the DL (and I think UA) forums? I couldn't find one. I know UA was giving out $75-100 vouchers for no meals when they cancelled the meal service for flights under 900 miles recently and I thought I read DL is somewhere around 12,500 miles. 2,500 seems paltry, but again, this is AA and I recall a View From The Wing blog where AA has said that meal service isn't a paid for service for First, so worth $0.00
dw, ysolde and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
FWIW, Iíve had the frittata twice. Itís not great, but I enjoyed it enough the first time to go back a second. I think it is decent as far as AA meals go.
What I do, I make a stop at Taco Bell (don't judge) and get extra sauce packet and carry them with them, add some spice and flavor to some boring meals

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.