Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Anyone had a Hindu or Asian Veg out of CLT? Never flown out of or even been to CLT before. The menu I am seeing for my flight in 2 weeks may be the worst one yet, for me at least. The golden chicken (meh), short rib (dont eat meat), some pepper stuffed with vegan sausage (nasty) or the fruit & cheese plate.

I dont know where the cauliflower lasanga or the ricotta tortellini went as both I would gladly have selected. It used to be that I would see either the short ribs or the fruit/cheese OR the lasagna/tortellini or the chaurcuterie plate but now its always the short rib & never either of the 2 pastas, for mid cons at least.

I guess I am going Hindu or Asian Veg and maybe I can still snag the app & salad from the regular service along with a sundae (assuming/hoping CLT-LAX will have a sundae).

The only good thing I'm seeing for this flight is its a 772...
No sundaes on this flight. You get the ice cream in a cup. No headsets. Just a comfortable ride, but no transcon or premium service.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by la2clt
No sundaes on this flight. You get the ice cream in a cup. No headsets. Just a comfortable ride, but no transcon or premium service.
No blankets or pillows either
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by la2clt
Originally Posted by fly747first
No blankets or pillows either
Major bummer. Ice cream in the cup does nothing for me. I love their sundaes though. Oh well. This will be the perfect flight for me to bust out the thick long blanket, flat sheet & my pillow and crash out. I at least hope the Hindu meal will be decent. My first time actually doing it as I always go Asian veg when the menu is completely uninspiring like this one is.
UAPremierGuy likes this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jan 27, 2024 at 11:31 pm
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Are there some "unspoken" exception routes for meals? Just found out ORD-DEN gets full meals despite being under 900 miles.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Are there some "unspoken" exception routes for meals? Just found out ORD-DEN gets full meals despite being under 900 miles.
That's because AA uses the old Stapleton airport to calculate DEN flight distances (for some reason). It pushes DEN-ORD to just a mile or two over 900.
dw, wrp96, BWISkyGuy and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
That's because AA uses the old Stapleton airport to calculate DEN flight distances (for some reason). It pushes DEN-ORD to just a mile or two over 900.
Correct, there are no exception routes anymore (and DEN-ORD has never been one, per reasoning quoted above)
Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Major bummer. Ice cream in the cup does nothing for me. I love their sundaes though. Oh well. This will be the perfect flight for me to bust out the thick long blanket, flat sheet & my pillow and crash out. I at least hope the HIndu mea is decent.
Whilst not as great as a sundae, the Haagen-Dazs dulce de leche ice cream cups are pretty good.
Definitely bring your blanket and pillow, as there will be none onboard.
wrp96 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
lots of photos of these two already, but heres two more. LAX-RDU and CLT-LAX. Smoked salmon platter and short rib w/ mac & cheese. Both were absolutely fine, although the bagel itself on the smoked salmon platter wasnt great (thin, overly cooked, tough).

BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:05 am

Anyone have a pic of the harvest grain bowl please. Or what post # is it at above. I cant seem to find it. Its not for me, I know its bad. My Mom thinks she wants it and I want to at least show it to her.....I've told her I dont recommend...

Also, anyone having issues with not seeing the opiton to select your meal in your reservation. I would say the last 5 times I've opened up reservations in the app 3 x no option to review my meal, that whole option is just not even there.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone have a pic of the harvest grain bowl please. Or what post # is it at above. I cant seem to find it. Its not for me, I know its bad. My Mom thinks she wants it and I want to at least show it to her.....I've told her I dont recommend...

Also, anyone having issues with not seeing the opiton to select your meal in your reservation. I would say the last 5 times I've opened up reservations in the app 3 x no option to review my meal, that whole option is just not even there.
I think Im in the minority, but I like the grain bowl for a somewhat healthy alternative. I dont find it to be bad.

As for not seeing meal selection, sounds like it could be an App glitch. Have you tried online?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

I'm sure if you go back into the Meal 2023 thread you will find it.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
I think Im in the minority, but I like the grain bowl for a somewhat healthy alternative. I dont find it to be bad.

As for not seeing meal selection, sounds like it could be an App glitch. Have you tried online?
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I'm sure if you go back into the Meal 2023 thread you will find it.
Not sure why but when I search for it I get people discussing but cant find any pics of it.

Maybe she would like it, she likes super healthy stuff.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
JAX Catering

Originally Posted by Herb687
Was the idea of the shelf stable pasta that it could sit on the plane overnight as dry pasta and then have water from the aircraft's potable water system added to it before "cooking" in the oven?

Interesting approach, if so. Sort of reminds me of the thin gruel that AA used to serve on departures out of LIH (a station where UA contracted with a local restaurant to provide fresh catering). Instant soup. Just add water.

I'm just happy that AA at DFW actually remembered to order and board the meal for the inbound flight from JAX the next day. As posted upthread, I was skeptical AA would actually get that right.
Sometimes it's the little things!
Im not really sure what OP is talking about as JAX has GateGourmet, a few private flight kitchens, and LSG offers via MCO.

AA has six catered meal flights departing JAX and 20~ish refreshment flights, those are usually double catered from the inbound hub. In other words its not a small station as is typically the case when theres no local catering contract, SLC is an example. Also, pasta is not considered an airline shelf stable meal. Currently its oatmeal for breakfast and soup for the rest.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
Seconding this - I actually think it's one of their better options. Lot of meat and potatoes types on FT, it seems
CMTinPHL likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Pinned
Seconding this - I actually think it's one of their better options. Lot of meat and potatoes types on FT, it seems
Finally found a pic of it. Looks so small And is there a dressing? It looks dry. Also, for Transcon is there a nicer/diff version how many posters say is the case for the other special option (golden chicken)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.