Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by dw
When did the service standard in transcon Flagship F change to serving everything on one tray? (I had this on a breakfast flight two weeks ago and was confused.) The former service standard was app + salad, then the entree served separately.

Also it appears the choice of small plates is now gone, as is the soup. And the metal salt and pepper shakers seem to have been nixed as well.

With the Airbus and Boeing delivery delays, FF may be around for a bit longer than AA originally anticipated, but at this point they might as well just sell it as J+.
Good catch. Does anyone know if soup and small plate choices are still standard on non-redeye transcon F? When I flew JFK-LAX F last year (afternoon flight) I was given a choice of two small plates, and soup. Perhaps in this instance, the service was somewhat condensed due to it being a redeye?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:20 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Chicken option today PDX-PHX.

BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 355F1
Chicken option today PDX-PHX.

That's the mojo chicken and in my experience, it has been quite good
RJ1 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 10:26 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by fly747first
That's the mojo chicken and in my experience, it has been quite good
I think I agree....however....it wasn't even room temperature so it ruined it for me. But it was NOT dried out....and tasted like a Chipotle meal and it definitely has potential if warmed up properly.

It is so much better than the stupid Golden chicken, though!
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 355F1
I think I agree....however....it wasn't even room temperature so it ruined it for me. But it was NOT dried out....and tasted like a Chipotle meal and it definitely has potential if warmed up properly.

It is so much better than the stupid Golden chicken, though!
Next time have them reheat it. I've done that before.
355F1 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:07 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Drinks

Originally Posted by st530
PDB offered and chose bubbly. Drinkable.

I get your review was about FF, but I wonder beer selection is same on domestic J: Bud Lite, XX, Heineken and Goose IPA. I'm flying from Canada, US domestic, then to Colombia. Do they carry random craft beers, or is it always Goose IPA and nothing else?

I don't see any wines listed in your photo. Did they give you a wine list like long haul flights? I've read reviews from December (total 12 pages), nobody has complained or commended, so I suppose they're all mediocre and acceptable ?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 3:13 am

No breakfast

Well they just told us that Dallas couldnt load catering for our flight so unfortunately I wont be able to provide any info as to what a continental breakfast is. 🤨

and apparently no snacks either. Only biscoff cookies. Wow

Last edited by hurnik; Jan 17, 2024 at 7:15 am
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:19 am

Dinner?

Is that normal? DFW to ALB. 7:30 pm departure. Only choices are fruit platter or harvest grain bowl for dinner?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hurnik
Is that normal? DFW to ALB. 7:30 pm departure. Only choices are fruit platter or harvest grain bowl for dinner?
I believe there are now additional options for pre-order, but yes- its common now to see the only onboard options as one cold option (like the charcuterie plate) and one hot(er) option like the grain bowl or a chicken.
hurnik and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by dw
I believe there are now additional options for pre-order, but yes- its common now to see the only onboard options as one cold option (like the charcuterie plate) and one hot(er) option like the grain bowl or a chicken.
thank you. So the app only shows the two options. Is there a better way to order? Or can I see what the onboard options are and switch?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
thank you. So the app only shows the two options. Is there a better way to order? Or can I see what the onboard options are and switch?
It does sound like something odd is going on... Depending on the caterer and station, it can sometimes happen where you just have the two onboard options and no additional pre-order options, IME, but the two pre-order options should fit the normal onboard schema of one hot/one cold, one of which is vegetarian, the other beef/chicken/fish protein. Having two vegetarian options as the only two pre-orders hasn't been a historical norm.

If you do pre-order, you can always ask the FA onboard to switch if you need to, and from what I've seen they'll do their best to accommodate your request by cycling the meal through as they take orders. If they don't have enough extras of the meal you want, or no one else wants the meal you pre-order though, depending on where you're seated in the meal ordering process, I'm not sure that some FA's wouldn't push back on the swap. To be fair though, I've never seen any pushback happen, that's just a guess based on some looks I've seen passengers given before.
hurnik likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: AA
Flew first on PHL-MSP on a CR9 last week. AA couldn't meet even my low expectations. Tiny cheese box with a selection of American cheeses (yuck), literally only 3 crackers, tiny little mix of cranberries, and a few grapes. This was the "protein" option, I was expecting at least some meat in the box! I flew this same route in 2019 on a regional and had a full lunch meal.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by bridge29
Flew first on PHL-MSP on a CR9 last week. AA couldn't meet even my low expectations. Tiny cheese box with a selection of American cheeses (yuck), literally only 3 crackers, tiny little mix of cranberries, and a few grapes. This was the "protein" option, I was expecting at least some meat in the box! I flew this same route in 2019 on a regional and had a full lunch meal.
What AA is serving on CR9/E170/175 F cabin is nothing than a scam; a card box with a tiny sandwich or cheese is not a meal.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Well they just told us that Dallas couldnt load catering for our flight so unfortunately I wont be able to provide any info as to what a continental breakfast is. 🤨

and apparently no snacks either. Only biscoff cookies. Wow
What market are you talking about? Were you on a paid F ticket? If your flight was advertised as breakfast/continental breakfast and nothing at all was loaded other than Biscoffs, I'd complain to AA and ask for a partial refund.

That does not sound normal at all. DFW-ALB is > 1300 miles. I don't recall seeing fruit platter as an option on dinner flights, certainly not > 1300 mile ones. DFW-ALB should be catered similarly to DFW - BOS/NYC (with the caveat that I'm sure AA is cheAAping out as usual and not paying for the catering from ALB that would be readily available if they were willing to pay for it)
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
What market are you talking about? Were you on a paid F ticket? If your flight was advertised as breakfast/continental breakfast and nothing at all was loaded other than Biscoffs, I'd complain to AA and ask for a partial refund.
This was an ALB-DFW flight. The incoming aircraft had come from DFW. Ill be submitting a complaint when I get back.

That does not sound normal at all. DFW-ALB is > 1300 miles. I don't recall seeing fruit platter as an option on dinner flights, certainly not > 1300 mile ones. DFW-ALB should be catered similarly to DFW - BOS/NYC (with the caveat that I'm sure AA is cheAAping out as usual and not paying for the catering from ALB that would be readily available if they were willing to pay for it)
yes very odd. I had gone into the AA app to manage the flight to see what the dinner options were and there were only two radio buttons to choose from. I solve screen shotted it as now its gone with no option to select a meal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.