Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Anyone having an issue seeing your already selected meal option? This is still happening and I dont understand. In fact when I open the res in my app just as its opening the screen "blinks" and even looks a bit diff for a sec then I scroll down and the option to review my order is gone. I have opened 4 diff reservations on 10 diff days, 3 to 4 times per day on those 10 days and out of like what 30-40 times now I wouold say 7 or 8 times I see it and all the other times it is not there and I can not review my order. I dont unerstand whats going on.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:18 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
What was the dessert option? Ice cream or a cheese plate, right?

Nonstop, or a connection? I ask because if it was EGE-DFW, the dessert option makes sense, but if it was nonstop EGE-MIA, the dessert option should've been an ice cream cup or cheese plate.
nonstop. The plane came in from Miami and was double catered there.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Desert placed in the front of the tray again. I had the short ribs with Mac and Cheese again on MIA to JFK. Was on a 777-200 today.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:14 pm

Anyone know the typical dessert options for AA 136 (LAX to LHR 02/20) and AA 93 (ZRH to PHL 03/05) and AA 765 (PHL to PHX 03/06)?
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink

Desert placed in the front of the tray again. I had the short ribs with Mac and Cheese again on MIA to JFK. Was on a 777-200 today.
At least this time so was the entree.
funnyfarm299 and donotblink like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Govols25
Anyone know the typical dessert options for AA 136 (LAX to LHR 02/20) and AA 93 (ZRH to PHL 03/05) and AA 765 (PHL to PHX 03/06)?
On the first 2 flights: sundate, cheese plate & some other dessert that can be a decent cake but also can be a horrible hockey puck Covid era tart. Not as familiar on that domestic route but likley one of those bundt cakes you see and/or a cup of ice cream.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 6:48 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Beef is pre-order only now

As some had observed already on their flights- beef is apparently no longer an option in flight, available only for pre-orders
Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Govols25
2024 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Feb 8, 2024, 10:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by donotblink
It looks as if the tray is not wide enough to place the appetizer next to the main course. If I were to set it up, I'd switch the location of the desert and the flatbread; however, the flatbread is meant to be eaten with the appetizer, so perhaps that's why the flatbread was placed in the back next to the appetizer.
funnyfarm299 and DASRTR like this.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 8, 2024 at 11:26 am
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA884
It looks as if the tray is not wide enough to place the appetizer next to the main course. If I were to set it up, I'd switch the location of the desert and the flatbread; however, the flatbread is meant to be eaten with the appetizer, so perhaps that's why the flatbread was placed in the back next to the appetizer.
It's just the way those particular dishes are spaced in the pic -- there is plenty of room for the side plate next to the main if they hadn't placed the main so far to the left... That's sort of the default location for the side dish, even if it's not the spec location in the order. There's even enough room for a second main casserole to be placed sideways next to the main if needed. Your placement by order makes a lot of sense as well, I'm just commenting on what physically fits.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
It's just the way those particular dishes are spaced in the pic -- there is plenty of room for the side plate next to the main if they hadn't placed the main so far to the left...
The silverware and the napkin in which it is wrapped is already placed as far to the right of the tray as is possible.

Old Feb 8, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
The silverware and the napkin in which it is wrapped is already placed as far to the right of the tray as is possible.
Sure, but the casserole is almost an inch to the left of where it's designed to be.

Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
OR

Why not serve the dessert separately and offer a drink with it? Since AA does not offer meals on flights any shorter than 3 hours, No reason to plop the entire tray down at once.
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:57 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
OR

Why not serve the dessert separately and offer a drink with it? Since AA does not offer meals on flights any shorter than 3 hours, No reason to plop the entire tray down at once.
On flights 900-1300mi, yes the dessert is supposed to be served on the same tray, and in some cases, it def makes sense as some of those 900mi flights are quite short. On flights above 1300mi, the dessert is supposed to be served after the main meal (and is supposed to be a choice of ice cream or a cheese plate). However, on quite a few of my recent 1300mi+ flights, the FAs have been serving desserts meant for 900-1300mi flights on the main tray.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by fender5787
On flights 900-1300mi, yes the dessert is supposed to be served on the same tray, and in some cases, it def makes sense as some of those 900mi flights are quite short. On flights above 1300mi, the dessert is supposed to be served after the main meal (and is supposed to be a choice of ice cream or a cheese plate). However, on quite a few of my recent 1300mi+ flights, the FAs have been serving desserts meant for 900-1300mi flights on the main tray.
As I wrote, on 3-hour flight, NOT 900 miles flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.