Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:48 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
HNL-DFW

Overall good taste profile; Abit too fatty cut of short ribs for me.

Broccoli with mayo-esque dressing. Salad is fresh and delicious with sesame dressing.

Great taste profile

Classic; Mac nuts with strawberries and fudge.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:15 pm

Gluten Free Options

Ill be flying from DFW to MCO and back at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with the gluten-free options. Would appreciate knowing what I might be in for. Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:31 am

do menus change a week or so before a flight? or are they pretty much set in stone? id rather not eat the same meals on both my flights coming up, thanks
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by michael1023
do menus change a week or so before a flight? or are they pretty much set in stone? id rather not eat the same meals on both my flights coming up, thanks
Compared with what's listed in the pre-order menu? No. They load the catering changes (for those of us old enough to remember when those happened ) into the preorder menus before they've live to passengers. That said, caterers sometimes miscater either one item or the pairing, so you may end up with something different anyway, but it's not because of a planned cycle change.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Compared with what's listed in the pre-order menu? No. They load the catering changes (for those of us old enough to remember when those happened ) into the preorder menus before they've live to passengers. That said, caterers sometimes miscater either one item or the pairing, so you may end up with something different anyway, but it's not because of a planned cycle change.
oh ok. its funny on my second flight, it says "Meals to South America include dishes created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation", but its the exact same menu as my flight to Miami. hmmm...
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
oh ok. its funny on my second flight, it says "Meals to South America include dishes created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation", but its the exact same menu as my flight to Miami. hmmm...
I think some of the shorter Central and South American flights out of the US get the standard domestic catering options, from what it looks like in the reports on this thread... So that might have something to do with it. I'm kind of surprised they tried to get the verbiage on the site to be that specific -- this one is easier to navigate (and still not done correctly), but there are some tricker exceptions to catering in some cities that would make that problematic to do reliably with what they have to work with in Sabre.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I think some of the shorter Central and South American flights out of the US get the standard domestic catering options, from what it looks like in the reports on this thread... So that might have something to do with it. I'm kind of surprised they tried to get the verbiage on the site to be that specific -- this one is easier to navigate (and still not done correctly), but there are some tricker exceptions to catering in some cities that would make that problematic to do reliably with what they have to work with in Sabre.
how does one know what the meal would be, if i instead chose the diabetic or kosher meal? it doesnt really give a description of the meal underneath...
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Am flying 7:30am SEA-CLT on Thursday. Whats the best breakfast meal to pre-order? I was gonna go diabetic but heard its just a fruit plate. Anyone have any experience? Whats the Hindu meal like? I think gluten free is an omelette. The frittata isnt terrible.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Jan 8, 2024 at 9:11 pm
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
Not very great choices for LAX-RDU, with a 9am departure. That frittata got bad reviews on the 2023 thread, and the smoked salmon mixed reviews. I dont mind smoked salmon but it looked small for a nearly 5hr flight. Id prefer something hot/cooked. Thinking of going either kosher or diabetic. Any recommendations? I saw two kosher breakfasts on the 2023 thread (one a turkey and gravy dinner, another a really dry plain omelette), but not much diabetic. Ex:LAX doesnt seem to have great catering, IMO.

am in the same boat out of Seattle this week. Did you have an experience? I was gonna possibly try the kosher.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
am in the same boat out of Seattle this week. Did you have an experience? I was gonna possibly try the kosher.
Smoked salmon would be my choice. Frittata was not balanced or all that filing and was too leek/asparagus forward.
BWISkyGuy and donotblink like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by safari ari
Smoked salmon would be my choice. Frittata was not balanced or all that filing and was too leek/asparagus forward.
+1 I would also do the smoked salmon platter
BWISkyGuy and PHL_ORD like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
how does one know what the meal would be, if i instead chose the diabetic or kosher meal? it doesnt really give a description of the meal underneath...

The special meal standards are here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...-allergies.jsp

The specific meal on a flight will not be available in advance.

Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I fly next week but have pencilled in a kosher meal. But the above two votes are for salmon. If you do the kosher, would you let me know what it was? I wasnt able to find anything too concrete in the 2023 thread about a kosher bkfast. Im still back and forth between the salmon and the kosher option. Options on the way back are the short rib or the golden chicken, and I selected short rib.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Special meals vary in what is serve depending on the catering station.
ceebee100 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Did AA dramatically expand meal options on 900 mile first class flights? I'm looking at the pre-order for a DFW-DCA flight in February, and the options are much more extensive than they used to be:

chrisny2, cmd320 and BWISkyGuy like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.