Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
DFWLAS
Preordered the Mediterranean Bowl but FA said it wasn’t loaded so was offered the Vegetarian plate which was an interesting concoction of flavors….think of curried flavored bulgur wheat with some hummus and pickled cauliflower……thought maybe it was an alternate version of the Mediterranean bowl, or some other special meal but since most of the people in F ended up with it not sure if it was a miscater or in normal
rotation. The white blob with cucumbers turned out to be some sort of cheese dip….which I am not gonna lie was kinda tasty but then again I wasn’t sure exactly what sort of cheese it was.

Wife ordered a gluten free meal; thankfully she ended up sharing some of the chicken because I was still pretty hungry by the time I finished my meal.

What I thought I ordered

Vegetarian Plate

Gluten Free Meal
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=qukslvr619;35951619]DFWLAS
Preordered the Mediterranean Bowl but FA said it wasn’t loaded so was offered the Vegetarian plate which was an interesting concoction of flavors….think of curried flavored bulgur wheat with some hummus and pickled cauliflower……thought maybe it was an alternate version of the Mediterranean bowl, or some other special meal but since most of the people in F ended up with it not sure if it was a miscater or in normal
rotation. The white blob with cucumbers turned out to be some sort of cheese dip….which I am not gonna lie was kinda tasty but then again I wasn’t sure exactly what sort of cheese it was.

Wife ordered a gluten free meal; thankfully she ended up sharing some of the chicken because I was still pretty hungry by the time I finished my meal.

What I thought I ordered

Vegetarian Plate

/QUOTE]
That looks like a Hindu meal to me with the curry cauliflower
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
MIA-IAH 25 Jan 629 pm 738 seat 2E

Pre-ordered this chicken dish. Very bland.

Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Anyone had a Hindu or Asian Veg out of CLT? Never flown out of or even been to CLT before. The menu I am seeing for my flight in 2 weeks may be the worst one yet, for me at least. The golden chicken (meh), short rib (dont eat meat), some pepper stuffed with vegan sausage (nasty) or the fruit & cheese plate..
I just had the Asian Vegetarian out of CLT last night. It was good. Sorry I don't have a picture as the main was delivered separately. Pretty standard setup. Mixed green salad with roasted red peppers and olive oil+balsamic dressing, a lump of hummus and a radish, a bag of pita chips, a separate thing of hummus in a sealed container, a packet of cocktail flatbreads, a bag containing a package of banana chips and a chocolate protein bar, and the hot main dish with lentils, rice and chickpeas. Very tasty. I usually see a portion of warm naan with this meal but not last night.

These days I pick the Asian Veg almost exclusively.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Stripe
I just had the Asian Vegetarian out of CLT last night. It was good. Sorry I don't have a picture as the main was delivered separately. Pretty standard setup. Mixed green salad with roasted red peppers and olive oil+balsamic dressing, a lump of hummus and a radish, a bag of pita chips, a separate thing of hummus in a sealed container, a packet of cocktail flatbreads, a bag containing a package of banana chips and a chocolate protein bar, and the hot main dish with lentils, rice and chickpeas. Very tasty. I usually see a portion of warm naan with this meal but not last night.

These days I pick the Asian Veg almost exclusively.
Cool thanks for the info. What was your destination on that flight? I wonder if going to LA will get me more of a substantial meal than like the snacks and what not even though it sounds good what you said. I hope they would have naan too. Although I guess that route gets bread service so I could get bread that way.

I am torn on Asian Veg or Hindu but I know often they are the same meal. Def. not ordering anything from the regular menu its the worst menu for me personally I have ever seen with AA.

I think both the tortellini and lasagna veg pasta opitons are gone, I dont see them on any "fake" bookings I've made to try to figure out where they are being offered.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Cool thanks for the info. What was your destination on that flight? I wonder if going to LA will get me more of a substantial meal than like the snacks and what not even though it sounds good what you said. I hope they would have naan too. Although I guess that route gets bread service so I could get bread that way.

I am torn on Asian Veg or Hindu but I know often they are the same meal. Def. not ordering anything from the regular menu its the worst menu for me personally I have ever seen with AA.

I think both the tortellini and lasagna veg pasta opitons are gone, I dont see them on any "fake" bookings I've made to try to figure out where they are being offered.
Distance doesn't play into how much food you get per meal, If you are on a 2200 miles flight or 1200 miles flight and it's a dinner flight, you get the same amount for the main dish. I always get the Hindu meal, if what they are offering isn't appealing to me.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: AA
Has AA completely removed menus in main cabin? My last three flights had no menu nor any mention of BOB, and two of them were 5+ hours.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by bridge29
Has AA completely removed menus in main cabin? My last three flights had no menu nor any mention of BOB, and two of them were 5+ hours.
Menu's in main cabin??? BOB is still available on flights over 1300 miles, albeit limited and sparsely catered.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by safari ari
Menu's in main cabin??? BOB is still available on flights over 1300 miles, albeit limited and sparsely catered.
Last flight (1/29 PHL-DFW) BOB was Pringles or cheese plate (box). FAs didn’t even offer BOB - people had to ask.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

When was the last time you flew? AA hasn't had menus in the main cabin for decades.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I'm guessing by "menus", bridge29 meant the folded cards in the seat pocket that showed the BOB and beverage options (along with streaming entertainment highlights and instructions)?
dw, chrisny2, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
When was the last time you flew? AA hasn't had menus in the main cabin for decades.
Should have clarified, the menu that's part of the onboard info such as entertainment, etc. Haven't seen these since last year.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Should have clarified, the menu that's part of the onboard info such as entertainment, etc. Haven't seen these since last year.
On my last three flights, those cards have been in the seat pocket.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
Last flight (1/29 PHL-DFW) BOB was Pringles or cheese plate (box). FAs didn’t even offer BOB - people had to ask.
Likewise in PHL-LAS, I had to ask, it was only yogurt and the attendant apologized for the sparse offering.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Does AA still offer snack boxes for purchase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.