Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hurnik
Finally got a response after the 2nd email I had to send. 2,500 miles as credit for no meal or snack for 4 hour flight. No PDB you get nothing (despite the fact the FA's sat around for 10 minutes after boarding was completed before the door was shut).
Is there a "compensation" thread here on the AA forums like over on the DL (and I think UA) forums? I couldn't find one. I know UA was giving out $75-100 vouchers for no meals when they cancelled the meal service for flights under 900 miles recently and I thought I read DL is somewhere around 12,500 miles. 2,500 seems paltry, but again, this is AA and I recall a View From The Wing blog where AA has said that meal service isn't a paid for service for First, so worth $0.00
The FA's are not happy with their contract or lack of one and they are taking it out of the passengers, which I feel is wrong. On my DFW-PHX flight (just a snack basket) the FC FA, came around twice for drinks once with the Snack basket,
hurnik and ValleyEarl like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
What I do, I make a stop at Taco Bell (don't judge) and get extra sauce packet and carry them with them, add some spice and flavor to some boring meals
Awesome idea! Im going to try that next time
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
Awesome idea! Im going to try that next time
I also have a small Shiracha bottle I bring a Choula packs too. You become friends with your seatmate pretty quickly.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I also have a small Shiracha bottle I bring a Choula packs too. You become friends with your seatmate pretty quickly.
...and the little packs of hotsauce from Skyline Chili

LcS
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:40 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Chicken Parmesan DFW to PDX

Excited to try this one out, but curiosity killed the cat:

Chicken and breading was way too mushy. No knife needed to cut the chicken. Pasta had good taste, but a fat bomb. Antipasto salad is okay, and probably the best part of the dish.

They need to figure out the texture of this dish with the airplane oven.

Will maybe try couple more times to see if it gets better.

ValleyEarl and BWISkyGuy like this.

Last edited by HaleiwaFlyer; Jan 22, 2024 at 1:24 pm
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I have been checking the menu options for our 21 Feb flight and so far there are only 2 options (other than the ethnic choice) the Frittata and Salmon - neither of which sounds appealing to us. We also flew FC on AA in Nov and remember on day 30 the choices were just the ethnic ones - then a few days later more options popped up. So I'm hoping that will happen again in a few days. Is that normal for AA???
Old Jan 22, 2024, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by bj2757
I have been checking the menu options for our 21 Feb flight and so far there are only 2 options (other than the ethnic choice) the Frittata and Salmon - neither of which sounds appealing to us. We also flew FC on AA in Nov and remember on day 30 the choices were just the ethnic ones - then a few days later more options popped up. So I'm hoping that will happen again in a few days. Is that normal for AA???
There IS a breakfast cycle that is a choice between the smoked salmon platter and the leek, mushroom and asparagus frittata (besides the dietary selections)... I don't know if I'd call that "normal" or not, but that is a regular cycle in the rotation, by design. IME when I've had that menu cycle, more options weren't added to it, but with the newly expanded offerings on some routes for lunch/dinner, who knows?
bj2757 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
FWIW, Ive had the frittata twice. Its not great, but I enjoyed it enough the first time to go back a second. I think it is decent as far as AA meals go.
Okay thanks. I Have to choose between that or museli. Or I could go Hindu/Asian Veg but out of LAX its always so bad and especially for breakfast that worries me to try it.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:29 pm

Hindu has always been my fave menu, but it also depends on what is being offered on the plane,
I usually do Asian veg and hope for Indian but at least I know it will be Veg. I still cant figure out for sure if Hindu on AA is Veg or not b/c it could have lamb no? That wouldnt work for me.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I usually do Asian veg and hope for Indian but at least I know it will be Veg. I still cant figure out for sure if Hindu on AA is Veg or not b/c it could have lamb no? That wouldnt work for me.
Hindu is always Indian, that is why I chose it
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Globalist, DL Silv, Hilton Dim, Marriot Gld, Amex Plat
Any experience with the Rotini Pasta that has Lemon pepper cream sauce, roasted broccoli and cauliflower and pecorino cheese?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:11 pm

Hindu is always Indian, that is why I chose it
Hear ya on that but is Hindu 100% Veg w AA?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
From the AA website -
"Hindu* - Prepared according to Hindu dietary practices and may include dairy, curries and spicy flavors"

So it does not specify the meal as vegetarian/vegan/or other

LcS
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Highly doubt it has lamb, but there is no guarantee it is 100% veg.

Also, check your DMs.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
By definition, Hindu diet is lacto-vegetarian.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.