Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:20 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by wrp96
The shrimp was yellow because it was marinated in tumeric, a very yellow spice.
As someone who likes shrimp, I have to say that the yellow color definitely gives it an odd appearance.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
1/9/2024, AA2104, MSP-DFW, Snack?

This was a pleasant surprise. MSP-DFW is only 853 miles, so 47 miles too short for a meal, but aa.com states that this route should get a snack box. But cheese platters were catered for First. Not sure if this was a miscater or not but I'll take what I can get. This is much better and more substantial than the snack basket grub. Anyone had any experiences like this on similar length flights lately or did I just get lucky?
Could it be that the heavy snacks on 700-899 mile flights are back?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dw
As someone who likes shrimp, I have to say that the yellow color definitely gives it an odd appearance.
Oh I can totally understand that, especially if you aren't aware of what turmeric is or aren't told that it's turmeric marinated.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat / DL-Silver / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Gold
I can add 2 more data points for the pre-orders selections having 2 additional choices.
I flew LAX-DFW and return. Both flights for pre-order offered the Grain Bowl, Golden Chicken, Peppercorn Shot Rib, Mojo Chicken and Fruit-n-Cheese platter.
On board the offerings were simply Grain bowl or 'chicken'

I can see where some of those FAs who think of menu selection as "chicken or pasta and I'm sorry but I don't know how they're made" getting things confused.
On my outbound, the FA simply confirmed I had pre-ordered "the chicken". It wasn't until after she walked away that I wondered if she realized there are 2 "chickens". She did deliver the Mojo Chicken (there's a picture of it and its yellow shimp just above). Whenshe picked up the tray I told that meal was "surprisingly good for airline food". She said she's been getting a lot of positive comments on it.

For the return flight I had the Short Rib. It was properly catered with Mac-n-Cheese instead of baked potato. That's great because I think of those meals as an entree of Mac-n-Cheese with a small side dish of beef. But this FA was calling all chicken "Golden Chicken". For 3 passengers around me where I both heard the order being taken and could get a glimpse of the meal delivered, I think she got them all correct ... the pre-orders got "Mojo" and my seatmate (didn't pre-order) got "Golden". Throw in some pro-orders specifically for Golden and things can get confusing fast.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:30 pm
dw

Originally Posted by steve64
On board the offerings were simply Grain bowl or 'chicken'
Okay, so there have definitely been a few reports as of late where the only options available on board without preorder were the Golden Chicken or the Grain Bowl. Yuck!
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by safari ari
Guide: AA SPML - Special Meal (vegetarian, gluten intolerant, child, etc.)

I think you're overthinking it a bit much, no one knows what the exact contents will be. So you can choose the devil you know or the devil you don't and fill us in on the Halal meal.
This comment came off a little Islamophobic. Could you try to be more sensitive to those of us who keep Halal?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 11:20 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
SEA-CLT 7:15am

Wasn’t So good. Kosher catering out of Seattle I wouldn’t recommend. The frittata next me (who was concierge key) said it was good and it looked good.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
LAX-JFK 10 Jan 1051 pm A322T seat 1A

PDB offered and chose bubbly. Drinkable.

Hot towel, nut/olives, and the one-tray app/main. Pre-ordered the lamb cutlets which were tasty enough albeit a little fatty. Won’t make anyone forget the BA F lamb shank.

For dessert, chose a delicious yellowcake.

Slept through the rest of the flight which by then was less than 3 hours.

Lovely FA.

Andriyko, vulle, lrdpenn and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:31 pm
dw

Originally Posted by st530
Hot towel, nut/olives, and the one-tray app/main
When did the service standard in transcon Flagship F change to serving everything on one tray? (I had this on a breakfast flight two weeks ago and was confused.) The former service standard was app + salad, then the entree served separately.

Also it appears the choice of small plates is now gone, as is the soup. And the metal salt and pepper shakers seem to have been nixed as well.

With the Airbus and Boeing delivery delays, FF may be around for a bit longer than AA originally anticipated, but at this point they might as well just sell it as J+.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
LAX-JFK 10 Jan 1051 pm...
Hot towel, nut/olives, and the one-tray app/main.
Originally Posted by dw
When did the service standard in transcon Flagship F change to serving everything on one tray? (I had this on a breakfast flight two weeks ago and was confused.) The former service standard was app + salad, then the entree served separately.
I'm not sure what the service standard is, but on a redeye departure like this, it should be on one tray, as quick as possible IMO.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
[deleted as dupe]

Last edited by st530; Jan 11, 2024 at 6:55 pm
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:03 pm
dw

Originally Posted by bse118
I'm not sure what the service standard is, but on a redeye departure like this, it should be on one tray, as quick as possible IMO.
Ahhh I missed that it was a redeye.

However, on a 7:30 am departure two weeks ago I was also served everything on one tray in FF so I’m wondering if a bigger change has been put into place?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Wasn’t So good. Kosher catering out of Seattle I wouldn’t recommend. The frittata next me (who was concierge key) said it was good and it looked good.
Nice photos.
asnovici likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Could it be that the heavy snacks on 700-899 mile flights are back?
Had the same cheese & fruit tray (vs. turkey sandwich and something else) on JFK-SFO in coach.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:07 pm

JFK-MIA 11 Jan 1230 pm 738 seat 1B

No PDB.

Hot towel followed by drink orders, then nuts, then drink shortly thereafter.

Pre-ordered the short rib which is always great but this time I only had a couple of bites as I was still full from the Chelsea Lounge.

Good, energetic crew.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.