Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:00 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Introduction
Welcome to the 2024 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on domestic service. Please post your meal/service experiences, including menus, photos, reports, questions, and service anecdotes.

To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include the route, time, and meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none). Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are rudimentary guidelines, but of course, the format/style is up to you.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected.

AA1: JFK-LAX: 3pm
Dinner
A321
First Class, 2A

(from here, share the menu and/or experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
Looking for older meal posts? Enjoy reading domestic meal threads from years past.For the 2024 International Meals thread, click here.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:35 am

So when I originally booked ALB-DFW-GJT, the ALB-DFW segment was listed as Continental Breakfast (FYI it's flight 2971 on 1/17/24). Flight leaves at 5:55 am, so it's outside the "breakfast" bounds of 7 am I believe. However, now when I go to "manage" the flight, on AA it shows thusly:

What is a "snack" breakfast? Basically the crummy snack basket? (popcorn, chips)?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by hurnik
So when I originally booked ALB-DFW-GJT, the ALB-DFW segment was listed as Continental Breakfast (FYI it's flight 2971 on 1/17/24). Flight leaves at 5:55 am, so it's outside the "breakfast" bounds of 7 am I believe. However, now when I go to "manage" the flight, on AA it shows thusly:

What is a "snack" breakfast? Basically the crummy snack basket? (popcorn, chips)?
Does AA have a caterer in ALB? I'm thinking they might be using that meal designator to indicate the shelf-stable breakfasts that remain overnight, but I'm not sure. It's a solid step up from the snack basket, and it's a tray meal, but unless you like oatmeal, I think most of us find it to be a step down from most of the perishable options.
dw and hurnik like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
If I fly LAX-MIA in the 77W, in 3-class F, would we still get the F "extras" such as soup and the sundaes in goblets vs. cups?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
You should, yes, but this route has historically major issues with mis-catering.
ValleyEarl and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
You should, yes, but this route has historically major issues with mis-catering.
I’ll add that in Flagship F on BOS-LAX, the catering is all over the place. I have never received soup on that route during dinner service, and when I flew it last week during breakfast, everything was served on one tray.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
If I fly LAX-MIA in the 77W, in 3-class F, would we still get the F "extras" such as soup and the sundaes in goblets vs. cups?
As UAPremierGuy pointed out, this route is extremely inconsistent especially since true "F" is no longer offered year-round. Sometimes, the entire F and J cabins get the "F" amenity kits and other times even "F" gets the weaker "J" kits; sometimes, both F and J get the international Premium Economy smaller blanket and tiny pillow instead of the proper Casper duvet and large pillow. Catering is also a complete mess... I have been on flights where there weren't even enough desserts for J.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Does AA have a caterer in ALB? I'm thinking they might be using that meal designator to indicate the shelf-stable breakfasts that remain overnight, but I'm not sure. It's a solid step up from the snack basket, and it's a tray meal, but unless you like oatmeal, I think most of us find it to be a step down from most of the perishable options.
I would always recommend packing a granola bar in case especially at smaller stations with a seasonal flight.

In BTV the airlines use a restaurant in the airport for catering. They do a nice job but it’s Not traditional meals usually. it’s either gonna be an airport restaurant made meal think breakfast sandwich or pre packaged from Dfw like cereal, bagel, breads, cheese etc. most likely more filling than the snack basket but I wouldn’t plan on eggs or an omlet or what aa normally serves for breakfast.

Tbh I would be ok rolling the dice a normal cereal with banana and milk is a lot better than a lot better than a lot of aa east coast to Dfw breakfasts these days.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:28 am

I'd be surprised if ALB has any catering for any airline (haha). I don't think there's any ALB-whatever flights on any airline that's long enough to get a hot meal (this AA DFW flight is a shock to me that it even existed). So I'm going to guess oatmeal? Which is fine, unless it's cold (I thought there was an airline--DL maybe?--that served cold oatmeal-yuck).

I had originally planned on the UA flight ALB-ORD-DEN-GJT with the ORD-DEN segment having breakfast, but UA has axed that as of 1/1/24 (no more meals unless it's 900 miles or longer). Unfortunately both flights are 6:00 am and I'm fairly certain that at 4:30 a.m. nothing's open except for possibly the Starbucks with it's 30+ minute line (although a possibility--haha). I wonder if I can sneak in pancakes to go through TSA and ask to have them warmed up on the plane--LOL!!!!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by hurnik
I'd be surprised if ALB has any catering for any airline (haha). I don't think there's any ALB-whatever flights on any airline that's long enough to get a hot meal (this AA DFW flight is a shock to me that it even existed). So I'm going to guess oatmeal? Which is fine, unless it's cold (I thought there was an airline--DL maybe?--that served cold oatmeal-yuck).

I had originally planned on the UA flight ALB-ORD-DEN-GJT with the ORD-DEN segment having breakfast, but UA has axed that as of 1/1/24 (no more meals unless it's 900 miles or longer). Unfortunately both flights are 6:00 am and I'm fairly certain that at 4:30 a.m. nothing's open except for possibly the Starbucks with it's 30+ minute line (although a possibility--haha). I wonder if I can sneak in pancakes to go through TSA and ask to have them warmed up on the plane--LOL!!!!
The pancakes are fine with TSA, as long as you bring less than 3.4 ounces of syrup. 😀 The oatmeal is hot, but only because it's the instant type that the FA's mix up with the hot water on the plane. It's just one of the options that caterers are using though, as lunchtime pointed out above, sometimes it's a package of dry cereal and UHT milk (plus couple of non-perishable sides).
hurnik likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:58 am

The pancakes are fine with TSA, as long as you bring less than 3.4 ounces of syrup. 😀 The oatmeal is hot, but only because it's the instant type that the FA's mix up with the hot water on the plane. It's just one of the options that caterers are using though, as lunchtime pointed out above, sometimes it's a package of dry cereal and UHT milk (plus couple of non-perishable sides).
LOL! I used to do yogurt, but it's considered a "liquid" apparently.
Probably will do the AA flight now that it's been confirmed UA's "snack" is literally the COVID-era snack bag (so you get a sanitizing wipe, some chips and a biskoff or something) and that's it now for the ORD-DEN route.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
AA2398: ORD-SEA, 10:10 am

Beef short rib with green peppercorn sauce.
9 people upgraded at the gate (I got it T-100).

traveler4ever, hurnik and apeortdz like this.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Jan 5, 2024 at 11:28 am
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage PPro, LT Gold
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
AA2398: ORD-SEA, 10:10 am

Beef short rib with green peppercorn sauce.
9 people upgraded at the gate (I got it T-100).

How was it? I am planning to have it in a couple of weeks on CLT to IAH.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Flying JAX-DFW on a lunch time flight in First next Saturday, but still no option to pre order a meal, it's only letting me select a meal for my connecting DFW-LHR flight. Is this normal?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Flying JAX-DFW on a lunch time flight in First next Saturday, but still no option to pre order a meal, it's only letting me select a meal for my connecting DFW-LHR flight. Is this normal?
No, pre-order should've been available 30 days in advance. Try twitter (or whatever it's now called) to see if they can access the meal selection for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.