Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by TWA884
By definition, Hindu diet is lacto-vegetarian.
That's not right - there are many Hindus who eat meat such as lamb or fish.
wrp96 and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
JFK-LAX J dinner, Jan 2024

Macadamia crusted sea bass. This was pretty good. Starter is the same cold chicken and chčvre, which I think is fine. Unfortunately TV was totally inop. The US power adapter didn’t work either; thank goodness I travel with an international adapter. FAs were very good, sad they have a sorry state of an AA product to work with.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ysolde
Has anyone tried the shawarma chicken? Between that and the tried and (sometimes) true short rib, what is the better choice?
Has anyone tried the chicken?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Originally Posted by ysolde
Has anyone tried the chicken?
Just noticed it on my upcoming flight. Must be brand new. Hope to see some reports soon.
ysolde likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, UA GM
MIA-LAX AA167 13 Jan 24 on the 77W.

PDB offered.

I opted for the spinach and gouda stuffed chicken, and a sundae for dessert. A warm choc-chip cookie was provided shortly before landing.

Andriyko likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:07 pm

Anyone had a Hindu or Asian Veg out of CLT? Never flown out of or even been to CLT before. The menu I am seeing for my flight in 2 weeks may be the worst one yet, for me at least. The golden chicken (meh), short rib (dont eat meat), some pepper stuffed with vegan sausage (nasty) or the fruit & cheese plate.

I dont know where the cauliflower lasanga or the ricotta tortellini went as both I would gladly have selected. It used to be that I would see either the short ribs or the fruit/cheese OR the lasagna/tortellini or the chaurcuterie plate but now its always the short rib & never either of the 2 pastas, for mid cons at least.

I guess I am going Hindu or Asian Veg and maybe I can still snag the app & salad from the regular service along with a sundae (assuming/hoping CLT-LAX will have a sundae).

The only good thing I'm seeing for this flight is its a 772...
Old Jan 26, 2024, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MELso

PDB offered.

I opted for the spinach and gouda stuffed chicken, and a sundae for dessert. A warm choc-chip cookie was provided shortly before landing.

The spinach and gouda chicken is decent but sadly it has been around for years even before the pandemic. I guess we can't expect AA to be more creative.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
The spinach and gouda chicken is decent but sadly it has been around for years even before the pandemic. I guess we can't expect AA to be more creative.
Yes decent but def around way too long. The issue for me is chicken as an appetizer. Bourdain once said any chef serving chicken as an appetizer needs to get a new gig..
dw likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Yes decent but def around way too long. The issue for me is chicken as an appetizer. Bourdain once said any chef serving chicken as an appetizer needs to get a new gig..
We are talking AA here… it serves side salads with salads. I wouldn’t rule out an entree (if you like it) because of the app…
dw and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by MELso

PDB offered.

That pasta dish needs to go. Its so overdue. Its a sub par frozen meal. The rotolo one is a sub sub part frozen meal. At least the lasagna and tortellini on mid cons is decent to eat.

They could do such a better job and not for that much more money, I dont get it..

Also those tarts need to be thrown out. Enough with the Covid era hockey pucks.

I also dont get why they cant do more innovative breakfast options. DL always has French toast or a waffle which I have never seen on AA.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I also dont get why they cant do more innovative breakfast options. DL always has French toast or a waffle which I have never seen on AA.
Had French toast on AA’s ORD-LHR flight. With berry compote.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:10 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
And that chicken appetizer has also been been around for way too long. I feel like there are only three apps on the premium transcons they rotate between, and they have been the same since before Covid.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I think it's safe to say that AA's executives all need a new gig... their extreme underperformance has been going on for far too long and they wonder why AA trails behind DL and UA ...
cmd320 and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by dw
And that chicken appetizer has also been been around for way too long. I feel like there are only three apps on the premium transcons they rotate between, and they have been the same since before Covid.
Some new & creative apps would be nice. Dont they have someone who runs their dining program who knows anythng or has some decent ideas for innovation. I no longer get excited to eat with AA and i love eating on planes.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
I think it's safe to say that AA's executives all need a new gig... their extreme underperformance has been going on for far too long and they wonder why AA trails behind DL and UA ...
Even UA does have many more opitons floating around, not sure how good they are though. Had a good French toast with DL recently. Also, DL's Asian veg meal was some really good Indian food on 3 diff. ocassions. Way better than anything Asian Veg/Hindu with AA.

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
Had French toast on AA’s ORD-LHR flight. With berry compote.
Wow, never have had that. To GRU, SYD & LHR in FF on all 3 it was American breakfast or some museli or yogurt with granola. The smoothie I had was good though.
fly747first likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.