Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
The snack basket on EWR-SJC the other day had Byrd's key lime cooler cookies (they're out of Savannah, GA, and DL often has them in their clubs).

The minute I saw them, I said to the FA, "OMG, Alaska bought something not from Seattle!" She was not SEA-based, so she thought it was funny.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by channa
The snack basket on EWR-SJC the other day had Byrd's key lime cooler cookies (they're out of Savannah, GA, and DL often has them in their clubs).

The minute I saw them, I said to the FA, "OMG, Alaska bought something not from Seattle!" She was not SEA-based, so she thought it was funny.
I miss those giant jars. Tasty!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by channa
The minute I saw them, I said to the FA, "OMG, Alaska bought something not from Seattle!"
Not a beer drinker, are you?

https://alaskanbeer.com/our-beers/amber/

Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS
March 28
AS 413 SLC/SEA 1:45pm departure
PDB Bottle of water at seat

Meal described as quinoa and arugula salad. some passed on meal.
Was actually the grilled chicken, red bell pepper, red grapes and feta cheese on bed of arugula, pumpkin seeds and a scoop of "ancient grains". Vinaigrette dressing on side with warm breadstick. wrapped caramel sea salt candy.
For a 2 hour flight, this was a really good meal.
After service, I noticed a FA came forward and they all had the "leftover" salads for lunch ...
(perhaps the poor description was intentional??)
Did notice the Dad in 1D ask for F & C for his son in 1C. He was not happy that he declined the meal.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by mmaster737
Decided to give AS F a try for my fall PVR vacation and I'm regretting it already. VX serves dinner on the 5:40PM PVR-SFO but the 4:20PM AS flight with a 6:10PM arrival is shown on the flight schedule as only serving a snack...is this an error? Unfortunately I only found this out after booking and then reading here how to find out what the meal service will be. The app displayed "Food for purchase" on my reservation which I knew was wrong.
I would not be too concerned. Flights usually have snack listed under flight details. It is usually a real meal unless the flight is under 2 hours.
It may not be the multi course likeVX and you will not have access to free food from Y but it will be a dinner.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by mmaster737
Decided to give AS F a try for my fall PVR vacation and I'm regretting it already. VX serves dinner on the 5:40PM PVR-SFO but the 4:20PM AS flight with a 6:10PM arrival is shown on the flight schedule as only serving a snack...is this an error? Unfortunately I only found this out after booking and then reading here how to find out what the meal service will be. The app displayed "Food for purchase" on my reservation which I knew was wrong.
Come back to this thread in 5 weeks or so and there should be pictures of an example meal for this flight. Make it six weeks..
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat-2MM, Marriott Plat, former VX Gold forever
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Come back to this thread in 5 weeks or so and there should be pictures of an example meal for this flight. Make it six weeks..
^
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Delta's catering

This is what Delta is serving on ANC-SEA, SEA-SFO, and SEA-ANC. Coupled with their low F fares (often half of AS), they are definitely trying to go for AS's F paying customers.
Attached Images    
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
This is what Delta is serving on ANC-SEA, SEA-SFO, and SEA-ANC. Coupled with their low F fares (often half of AS), they are definitely trying to go for AS's F paying customers.
Doesn't look too amazing... but thanks for sharing.

DL sure has cut fares.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Would you please caption your photos? I have absolutely *no* clue what type of lil' bits are on those (messy) plates ...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Plat-2MM, Marriott Plat, former VX Gold forever
Sure looks like economy meals of yore on glass plates instead of plastic.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:22 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Would you please caption your photos? I have absolutely *no* clue what type of lil' bits are on those (messy) plates ...
There is no need to caption or further describe pictures of DL food. Doing so would likely lead this thread off-topic.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Originally Posted by mbluecpa

3/21 PSP-SEA 345p departure: creamy rice with asparagus, portobello, and sun dried tomato. Sides were a salad, breadstick, and brownie.
same served on Flight 973 from PSP to PDX today...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...1&d=1490837788

remarkably bad "meal"...but kinda comically bad.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
same served on Flight 973 from PSP to PDX today...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...1&d=1490837788

remarkably bad "meal"...but kinda comically bad.
Worst meal on AS ever. This meal made me long for the days when we were able to request a fruit/cheese plate instead of having the meal in F.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:30 am

Can you all take a minute to send a note specifically about this rice "meal" to Alaska Listens. If they get a deluge of comments they will have no choice but to address it. If they just get a comment here or there, that "meal" is likely to be flying around for the rest of 2017 on and off. Commenting on here is fine but it's not going to affect change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.