Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:49 am

I miss the PDB if we end up sitting on the ground for awhile... though in that situation do they normally go ahead and do a bev run for F?

Just about all my flights in the last few years have been very tight and prompt and we aren't really on the ground very long before take off... however, I do remember a flight out of JFK some years back (can't remember who I was flying on) and just because of a line of aircraft taking off the taxi and take off after we pushed away from the gate took like 45 minutes (I think I was departing at like 5:30pm or something) and it was very nice to have a drink (maybe I actually had two in that time) and just stare out the window...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by quemalo
I'm sure most people don't consider that a pdb, although it does qualify. Maybe 1 in 10 flights I'm offered something additional (usually hazelnut vodka + baileys on the rocks).
I don't personally consider a bottle of H2O to be a PDB. I fly AS about 4 roundtrips a year. I haven't had a PDB on an Alaska flight since 2013ish.

- Sasquatch
- Loch Ness Monster
- Alaska PDB

all mythical with grainy photos and some eyewitness testimony, none have been seen by me.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:16 pm

June 5, 2017 - AS 37 MSP - SEA.

PDB - water bottles.
Dinner - BBQ chicken, potatoes, green beans, salad.
Dessert - cookies.

Decent meal, with one interesting note - my little container of salad dressing came with a hole poked in it with a fork. As someone who has experienced exploding, sea-level-pressured salad dressing when opening these things pointed towards you (and who always opens them facing away as a result), this of course makes sense from a practical perspective. However it did strike me as a bit strange from a service / cleanliness perspective. Someone else who receives a salad dressing container with a hole poked in it might not realize its practical intent, and be a little put off, no? Has anyone else received one of these pressure-equalized salad dressing containers? I may have in the past but this was the first time I noticed.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by zs58
my little container of salad dressing came with a hole poked in it with a fork. As someone who has experienced exploding, sea-level-pressured salad dressing when opening these things pointed towards you (and who always opens them facing away as a result), this of course makes sense from a practical perspective. However it did strike me as a bit strange from a service / cleanliness perspective. Someone else who receives a salad dressing container with a hole poked in it might not realize its practical intent, and be a little put off, no? Has anyone else received one of these pressure-equalized salad dressing containers? I may have in the past but this was the first time I noticed.
I've experienced the rare pre-poke. I took as a thoughtful act and was not bothered by it.

Good to know that I'm not the only person who opens the container facing away.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by dayone
I've experienced the rare pre-poke. I took as a thoughtful act and was not bothered by it.

Good to know that I'm not the only person who opens the container facing away.
I've gotten it once before as well, and the FA explained it as she was serving. Nice to know it was recently poked and didn't come that way from the flight kitchen.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by lg20
I've gotten it once before as well, and the FA explained it as she was serving. Nice to know it was recently poked and didn't come that way from the flight kitchen.
I had one where the FA opened it on the away side slightly. Also appreciated.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
As750 sea-atl

Date of Flight: June 7, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 750 SEA-ATL
Time of Departure: 16:01
Length of flight: 4 1/2 Hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled Water
Meal served:

First taste
Premium roasted nuts

Salad
Spinach and romaine with roasted beets and chèvre crumbles. olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

Choice of entree
Trident wild Alaskan cod with red coconut curry sauce. mushrooms, peppers and broccoli, jasmine rice

or

Cheese ravioli with pesto and oven roasted tomatoes. topped with fried capers and Parmesan cheese

Dessert
Chuckanut Bay salted caramel cheesecake

Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:02 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Date of Flight: June 4, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 53 EWR-PDX
Time of Departure: 15:53
Length of flight: 6 Hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled Water
Meal served: Dinner/Snack Basket

First Taste
Premium roasted Nuts

Salad
Farro salad with shiitake mushrooms and red peppers, cherry tomatoes in Italian dressing

Choices of entree
Butter chicken, steamed basmati rice, yellow dal

OR

Beef Provencal, chive Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, green beans with butter

Dessert
Almond peach pistachio tart

Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
The portions look tiny on the last two reports.
Looks to be about 2oz of chicken on gba's picture and it is sitting in a bath of grease.

Last edited by apodo77; Jun 9, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
The portions look tiny on the last two reports.
Looks to be about 2oz of chicken on gba's picture.
I totally would have picked the beef provencal...it sounds delicious from the menu description (too bad there isn't a photo)...the chicken dish looks...umm, not that appetizing.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:54 pm

AS 313 San Francisco SFO to Seattle

June 2017
Alaska Airlines flight 313
San Francisco to Seattle

Surprised to receive this hearty breakfast tray featuring a Southwestern breakfast wrap filled with scrambled egg, ham, cheese, onions and green peppers, and then a bowl of fruit

Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:55 pm

AS 500 Seattle to Indianapolis

June 2017
Alaska Airlines 500
Seattle to Indianapolis

Hot Breakfast but no printed menu

First Course
Fresh Fruit plate and warmed blueberry muffin

Main Course
Choice of Oatmeal or Pepperjack cheese omelet with bacon and potatoes

Warmed Mixed Nuts served mid-flight
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:29 pm

If I don't like either selection (on a transcon) can I still request a burger from E, without charge? I remember a discussion about this a year ago, but don't remember the outcome. Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
If I don't like either selection (on a transcon) can I still request a burger from E, without charge? I remember a discussion about this a year ago, but don't remember the outcome. Thanks!
You're supposed to pay for it but that is up to the FA is my understanding.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
6/7 SAN-FAT 810a departure: blueberry scone & drinks in plastic cups.
6/7 FAT-PDX 1045a departure: I fell asleep from the time we took off until about 20 mins out of PDX, but I woke up long enough to see the hummus plate make an appearance. Still no idea what it is and why it's red.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.