Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by tusphotog
After nine years of commuting and flying a minimum of 125k miles per year, the food all looks and tastes the same. I do partake in the ice cream in AA F and the dry roasted peanuts on WN (honey roasted are an abomination).
I'll have yours.

Meanwhile, on AS 619 this morning (SEA-LAS, 10:00 am departure) in F, cheese plate. No pictures because I eated it.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
I'm flying SEA-STL in F on the E175, 3:30 pm departure. It's listed as "lunch". I was impressed with breakfast on a 739 from STL-SEA a couple of months ago, but we'll be getting home well after dinner hour, and a tiny lunch doesn't sound adequate. So, for an off-topic follow-up question: Best places to purchase carry-on food in SEA?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by iplaybass
So, for an off-topic follow-up question: Best places to purchase carry-on food in SEA?
Such a far off-topic and non-AS question should be posted and will be better answered in the Pacific Northwest forum.
beckoa and AKCuisine like this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
8/9 SEA-PHX 920p departure: Cookies. As usual I donated mine to the FAs or pilots or whomever wanted them.

Originally Posted by iplaybass
I'm flying SEA-STL in F on the E175, 3:30 pm departure. It's listed as "lunch". I was impressed with breakfast on a 739 from STL-SEA a couple of months ago, but we'll be getting home well after dinner hour, and a tiny lunch doesn't sound adequate. So, for an off-topic follow-up question: Best places to purchase carry-on food in SEA?
Beecher's by C3.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Flight Number and Route flown: Alaska 38 SEA-FLL
Time of Departure: 8:55AM
Length of flight: 5.5 hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani water bottle
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description:

Menu:

Fruit Plate
warm fresh pastries (was a warm cinnamon roll)

Choice of Entree

Beecher's Flagship cheese & parsley omelet
roasted fingerling potatoes with sage
chicken apple sausage

~ or ~

do I really need to tell you?

guess.

take

a

wild

guess.

yup..

House-made granola cold cereal
Greek yogurt with honey

Last call
Premium roasted nuts

----------------------

Well, I appreciate the change in main entree for August. Was getting tired of the quiche with mushrooms.

HOWEVER, being in 3F on a 737-800.. yup.

I had the egg scramble from the back.

Snack basket made an appearance about 3.5 hours in.

roasted nuts about an hour after.

Lots of refills. LOTS. Very good flight crew, they all seem to work well together.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Originally Posted by dayone
Such a far off-topic and non-AS question should be posted and will be better answered in the Pacific Northwest forum.
Perhaps the original question wasn't clear: what can I expect for lunch in F on AS 2792, from SEA-STL, departing at 3:30pm? It's a Horizon E175.

Thanks in advance, and I'll post the SEA carry-on food follow-up in the correct forum.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Glad to see a fungus free breakfast. ^

If I was stuck with the granola... on a transcon... umm...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
You would complete the flight a little bit hungrier
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Glad to see a fungus free breakfast. ^

definitely a change from last week when I was in Row 2 and all they had left *was* the quiche!! :-D

I wouldnt mind the granola if they had a way to make it heartier. But Ive had it like 4x this summer. Just wish it was something else.

even cereal with a "super" fruit plate would be a nice touch.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
definitely a change from last week when I was in Row 2 and all they had left *was* the quiche!! :-D

I wouldnt mind the granola if they had a way to make it heartier. But Ive had it like 4x this summer. Just wish it was something else.

even cereal with a "super" fruit plate would be a nice touch.
This is a nice option on the mid-con flights (ANC-SEA for example).

Its an atrocious option IMO on a transcon.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
EWR-SJC F

I've got a wonderful suggestion for Alaska Airlines, There are way too many pieces of gnocchi on the plate, I count say 6-7, how about we cut that in half and arrange that symmetrically with those green squash pieces?

Alaska has the worst domestic F food bar none, but the big smiles and best attitude makes up for that. For comparison, here is what American served on my outbound on a redeye!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...thread-55.html
Attached Images    
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
I've got a wonderful suggestion for Alaska Airlines, There are way too many pieces of gnocchi on the plate, I count say 6-7, how about we cut that in half and arrange that symmetrically with those green squash pieces?

Alaska has the worst domestic F food bar none, but the big smiles and best attitude makes up for that. For comparison, here is what American served on my outbound on a redeye!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...thread-55.html
to be fair, that AA flight you posted is a premium transcon menu which has significantly upgraded service compared to the JFK-las transcontinental flight posted two posts below in the same thread. Not that either meal looks bad, just a difference in service level. AS serves pretty much the same thing on any transcon route as far as I can tell.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
8/11/17
SEA-KOA, AS807

PDB was water

Warm nuts before dinner

Dinner choices were chicken or pork roast. Two pork medallions, mashed sweet potatoes & bok choy were delicious.

Dessert was a chocolate souffle top with whipped cream and toasted, chopped, nuts (almonds I think). It was delicious too.

Wine glass refilled as needed. Great flight.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AS, DL GM, AA, HH Plat, IHG
My 8 September AS500 flight shows NO meal service. Also, no meals indicated for any SEA-IND-SEA flights. ?????
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fuzzytoo
My 8 September AS500 flight shows NO meal service. Also, no meals indicated for any SEA-IND-SEA flights. ?????
I recall reading about this not being coded right for food in F.

This one should be catered like other midcon routes. See menus/descriptions for SEA-IND and vice versa in posts 602 and 626 upthread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.